Taking on the Bear!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

CarnageINC

Taking on the Bear!

Post by CarnageINC »

I'm having no success in driving into Russia using Deluxe. I've tried to attack first layer with inf/arty and then blitz the next territory with panzers and air support. This has been my most successful tactic yet but it can't work against a human. I can't produce enough to make any substantial headway. I don't even get close to historical penetration.

So I'm looking for ideas. I think (or so it seems) that its pretty cut and dry on how to do it, but I ask anyway just to make sure I'm not missing anything here.

Just as a side note, it almost seems that the Germans should get to double move/attack into Russia on its first attacks. That would make some headway and mimic history somewhat.
Lebatron

RE: Taking on the Bear!

Post by Lebatron »

You're not playing any worse than any of us when we first played the game:) I remember having the same trouble. Wasn't sure what mix of units to build, how and where to strike, where to place tech points, and how many supplies were really needed. I was investing in tech that really doesn't pay off well. But of coarse, you learn as you play. This game is deep. Think of it as a Chess game where you just learned how to play and you are going up against a solid Chess player. You will get nowhere there as well. It really would be very hard for me to tell you how to play out an attack on Russia, a lesson like that is best seen and not explained. Besides, I'd say just play for a while longer and your understanding of what to do will rapidly advance. It will only be at that point that you will be ready to play a learning game from one of the regulars here.

PS are you keeping it simple right now by using simply supply? Using that option will remove one layer of micro to make it easier for you. Add the option in later when you got an idea on good build and tech paths, and you've learned how to attack Russia. Once you understand how much the game changes when you turn on advanced supply, you will be ready to try PBEM. All us PBEM players use advanced supply.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
CarnageINC

Post by CarnageINC »

I've been using advanced supply since the get go, I like to learn whole game at once [:D]

I believe your quite right by learning by example. I still have some tactics to work on before I move on to the allied powers.

Thanks for the reply.
CarnageINC

Post by CarnageINC »

AHHHH!!!!!!! THE SHOCK AND HORROR!!!! I just looked at the settings I've been using and realized that its not advanced! [:@] [:D]

That's cool, more stuff to learn I guess [:'(]
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

To funny.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

Return to “The War Room”