Can't connect to opponent in lobby

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
RD Knight

RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby

Post by RD Knight »

PiP....We again could not get connected in the game tonight. We experienced similar problems as described in Fazedh's post (above). This occurred at 20:00 hrs (Pacific Daylight Time), April 13. I was the first in the lobby and my opponent followed. He could see me listed in the lobby, but I could not see him>>therefore, I could not try to connect with him. We restarted with my opponent in the lobby first and then I followed. I tried hosting again and, again, the game did not connect us.

PLEASE FIX THIS ANNOYING TENDENCY OF THE LOBBY SYSTEM TO NOT CONNECT PLAYERS.
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

@pip....me and my opponent had the same issues as RD knights tonite. and hr after he did...exact issues as him and also Fazedh. this is getting to be a regular thing...the lobby not working...seriously you guys.
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

We are expending significant effort trying to solve this issue, and to determine why it only seems to happen for GtC when all games connecting via these servers are running without issue. We apologise for the hassles.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
PipFromSlitherine

We have fixed what we think is the issue - can you please attempt to connect again.

Cheers

Pip
RD Knight

Post by RD Knight »

Hi PiP. "Thx" in advance as long as the "fix" works. I won't be able to test the game until tomorrow evening (2000hrs PDT, 4/15) Will, of course, notify you of either success or not.
RD Knight

Post by RD Knight »

Pip....I'm unable to test the game lobby since my usual opponent is unavailable. I'm a bit handicapped myself since I just had cataract surgery today. So, either wait for another player to confirm it's operation as intended, or wait until Monday for myself and Hetser to try it.
RD Knight

Post by RD Knight »

PiP....well, whatever the programmers did to the server, it didn't work tonight (4/20 @ 2000 hrs PDT). I will try to post a screen shot of what the screen shows as it "tries" to make a connection with my opponent (Hetser). I, again, are the host for the game. If I've said this once, I've said it too many times, but this connection issue is becoming very discouraging for Matrix/Slitherine quality control.

Nuts! I wanted to attach the screen shot I took showing where the game connection process froze, but I cannot do that. Do I need different rights to be able to post attachments?
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

Use Post Reply rather than Fast Reply to add attachments

Attachments
PostReply.jpg
PostReply.jpg (180.44 KiB) Viewed 785 times
Quid si
RD Knight

Post by RD Knight »

thx Ineffable!
RD Knight

Post by RD Knight »

Pip...Once again Hetser and I had problems getting connected in the game. Same issue in the Lobby. The connection process does not complete. I have attached a screenshot showing the Host screen at the point of stalling.

Attachments
GtC_screen..DKnight.jpg
GtC_screen..DKnight.jpg (20.49 KiB) Viewed 785 times
PipFromSlitherine

Are you able to chat with each other while in the lobby?

Cheers

Pip
RD Knight

Post by RD Knight »

PiP....I don't recall that we have used the chat feature. I have a subscription to a voice coms service and so that is my primary means of communicating with my opponents. Sorry, I cannot help on that possible diagnostic question.
PipFromSlitherine

I imagine we have asked this before, but if there is any way you can set up a game with a direct connection between you - even if only as a temporary measure - it would help to determine where in the TCP chain the issues are occurring.

Cheers

Pip
PipFromSlitherine

Can I also ask you guys to respond with the version of the game you are playing on, both marketplace (Matrix vs Steam etc) and game version number.

Cheers

Pip
RD Knight

Post by RD Knight »

Game version 1.02 and we are playing the Matrix marketplace version.

Re: a time to play against you (PiP) will depend on your time zone. If GMT-8 (i.e. England) then it would have to be in the early part of my day since I reside on the US west coast.
PipFromSlitherine

ORIGINAL: RD Knight

Game version 1.02 and we are playing the Matrix marketplace version.

Re: a time to play against you (PiP) will depend on your time zone. If GMT-8 (i.e. England) then it would have to be in the early part of my day since I reside on the US west coast.
If you are referring to the direct connection post, I meant between you two players.

Cheers

Pip
RD Knight

Post by RD Knight »

PiP...Hetser and I managed game last night. Game seemed to work as intended and the Lobby connected us quickly. Our troubles appear to be an intermittent occurrence.

Re: the direct connection process. I don't know how to do that (as long as you are referring to a process not using the Lobby). Can you please provide instruction for this type of connecting process. Thx
PipFromSlitherine

With direct connection, I am referring to having the host open their 1944 TCP port the their router. This is unfortunately entirely router-specific.

In order to help us with the backend tracking, can you (and anyone else having issues) please post to confirm the username that they login with when playing (no passwords please! :) ).

Cheers

Pip
RD Knight

Post by RD Knight »

As I have mentioned before, my opponent's screen name is "Hetser" and, of course, mine is "RD Knight".

Re: port 1944, I do have one open via Port Forwarding on my router. Not sure about Hetser, but will encourage him to try it.
PipFromSlitherine

Only the host needs to open the port. If there is a direct connection, then I believe that there should be a status display confirming that the connection has been established successfully.

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Tech Support”