Game locks up after multiplayer battle ends - grand campaign

Close Combat: The Bloody First Tech Support Forum. Please post any issues found here.
ddmegen1

Game locks up after multiplayer battle ends - grand campaign

Post by ddmegen1 »

A friend and I played the entire campaign through as the allies, and are now playing as the axis. However, after the first few battles when either of us press "next" to move on to the next battle the game freezes and the host gets a message that they are awaiting the other player. The other player's game freezes completely.

When we reset the game it allows us to continue, but we must fight the same battle we just ended with the caveat that we hold all the victory locations. After positioning our units and having a turkey shoot against the enemy units that show up after hitting "begin" the same problem occurs where we cannot advance.

We started a new campaign thinking there was a problem with save file, but the same problem happened from the outset. Cant get past first blood. I've uploaded the save file from the original game.
Attachments
GRANDCAMP..11281607.zip
(78.07 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
SteveMcClaire

RE: Game locks up after multiplayer battle ends - grand campaign

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi ddmegen1 -- thanks for the saved game file. I will take a look. It sounds as if you're playing Axis co-op?
ddmegen1

Post by ddmegen1 »

Yes, we're playing axis co-op. While playing the CO-OP as 1ID we had time lag issues, but no issues like I described while playing the axis.
ddmegen1

Post by ddmegen1 »

Have you been able to look into our game? We continue to attempt to move forward, and now when the battle is over I click next as the host, and my friend's computer completely locks up.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The file you sent appears to be from a different campaign (Allied co-op, completed campaign) but I understand how far you've gotten (just completed First Blood as Axis co-op) and I plan to try and reproduce it based on that when I get a chance to setup for multi-player testing.

If you could provide the saved game for your Axis campaign that would save me some time, though. Thanks!
ddmegen1

Post by ddmegen1 »

My mistake. I'll attach the file again as well as another we started as the axis that had the same problem right off the bat.

Return to “Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum”