This game

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

Clinchrifles

This game

Post by Clinchrifles »

This game had an incredible amount of potential but immediately lost any support from the devs. Ive played a few games and had incredible problems with damage from arty which always equated to 1 man lost. The size of the guns, distance of the target, and total manpower of the target didn't matter. You would always lose 1 man. I've complained about this with no answer in my understanding the main programmer exit stage left. I don't recommend anyone spend money on this game as there is absolutely no support and there hasn't been since 3 months after the games release. Such a shame because there was so many things the game did right but still feel like a fleeced consumer overpaying for a promise.
zakblood

RE: This game

Post by zakblood »

well tbh can't say i agree with almost anything you said on your post, but each to their own, regarding support, that claim is a non starter, look at the date of release and the patch dates, anything else?
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
zakblood

RE: This game

Post by zakblood »

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3842722

first post, game release day Brother Against Brother is Out Now! - 4/16/2015 2:49:04 PM

Brother Against Brother Updated to Version 1.0.6. - 7/24/2015 3:01:02 PM

so 6 patches in a few months and as nothing else really has been round that needs patching, not sure what your after, yes new maps, new missions, and more of everything else like everyone else is, but apart from that, games supported from day one, same as almost any game here, now prove that statement wrong?
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”