BMP3 possible explosion problem

Armored Brigade Tech Support Forum. Please post any issues found here.
StuartG

BMP3 possible explosion problem

Post by StuartG »

Just thought I would point out something ive found. Some time ago I created a BMP3 in a mod,which displays a strange problem. When its knocked out, sometimes there is a significantly oversize burn texture underneath it. I had thought it was a texture issue with the new textures I created for the model, but on a recent test Ive found the same issue still when using Bradley textures.

Ive looked through the modded database and cannot see anything that would obviously cause this, other than it, in marked contrast to all the other vehicles, has 4 weapons in its slots. ATGM, 30mm, 7.62 and 100mm. And im thinking, is it possible that when a vehicle has too many weapons in its slots, this texture bug is introduced? It really is rather extreme, it like its ground zero at a nuclear explosion, and still occurrs even when the cook off is turned off.

I realise you dont offer tech support on mods, but with the amount of DLC you fellas create, I feel its inevitable you are going to make BMP3 at some point and might run into the same problem at some point, so I thought I had better pont it out.
Veitikka

RE: BMP3 possible explosion problem

Post by Veitikka »

The charred texture size and the secondary explosions depend on the vehicle hull and turret dimensions. Are they exceptionally large in the vehicles?
Know thyself!
StuartG

Post by StuartG »

It doesnt look excessive compared to other vehicles such as the Warrior.

Hull Length 7.140
Hull Width 3.200
Hull Height 2.400
Turret Length 2.400
Turret Width 2.250
Turret Height 0.500

Could it be the hull height being the same as the turret length causing some monkey business? Ill change that and see if it makes any difference.
StuartG

Post by StuartG »

Ok this is interesting, I had two different BMP3's, one the standard and the other the 2007 model. It was only the 2007 model that had the decimal point out of place,and i think it must have been that one, rather than both, causing the trouble.

I think you may have cracked it, many thanks for the help!

Return to “Armored Brigade: Tech Support Forum”