Rockets are only launched one at a time

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Eboreg

Rockets are only launched one at a time

Post by Eboreg »

I've recently been trying out "A Hunting We Will Go" and found that aircraft have a nasty tendency to only fire short bursts of rockets even when ordering them to expend all of their rockets against a specific target. This unnecessarily exposes them to AA fire and drags out their strikes while limiting effectiveness. Save of a test scenario is attached.
Attachments
Rocket problem.zip
(17.53 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Raptorx7_slith

Re: Rockets are only launched one at a time

Post by Raptorx7_slith »

Hi, this has been reported. Its because of the recent change to rockets that made them targetable.
boogabooga

Re: Rockets are only launched one at a time

Post by boogabooga »

For reference:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 2#p5152942

If this can't be fixed in the game core anymore without breaking C-RAM, perhaps it could be fixed on the database side by modeling aerial rocket pods as gun pods that fire all of their rounds in a single burst. I think for CMO purposes it would work alright, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm waiting for community feedback before I request this in the DB github.

* I think for some cases like WP rocket rounds, firing one at a time might actually be preferable.
The boogabooga doctrine for CMO: Any intentional human intervention needs to be able to completely and reliably over-ride anything that the AI is doing at any time.

Return to “Tech Support”