Salvo - Satellites pt2, how to actually shoot at them

Command: Chains of War is a DLC for Command: Modern Operations. 20 minutes into the future, a spark erupts in the Korean peninsula that will lead to a theaterwide conflagration embroiling the entire Western Pacific and drag all major powers into it.
fatgreta1066

Salvo - Satellites pt2, how to actually shoot at them

Post by fatgreta1066 »

So I know the weapons that can target satellites. I can't figure out how to get a shot off at them. Whenever a satellite flies into an ASAT missile's range ring I try to manually target it and can't shoot because it's out of DLZ. I can't move those units or do anything to get the satellite in range. Will they automatically fire if / when an enemy satellite becomes a potential target?
SunlitZelkova

RE: Salvo - Satellites pt2, how to actually shoot at them

Post by SunlitZelkova »

ORIGINAL: fatgreta1066

So I know the weapons that can target satellites. I can't figure out how to get a shot off at them. Whenever a satellite flies into an ASAT missile's range ring I try to manually target it and can't shoot because it's out of DLZ. I can't move those units or do anything to get the satellite in range. Will they automatically fire if / when an enemy satellite becomes a potential target?

If you manually target it at some point before it passes overhead, it should fire upon getting into the DLZ. This is the way it is for other weapon types though, I have never shot down satellites before.
Formerly known as Project2035, TyeeBanzai, and FlyForLenin
Primarchx

RE: Salvo - Satellites pt2, how to actually shoot at them

Post by Primarchx »

I do it all the time. The main issue is to fire the ASAT SM-3 early enough to catch the satellite in its' DLZ. That DLZ may be quite narrow depending on the ASAT model you're using and the satellite's orbital path, if it's possible at all. Then you just assign a missile manually and open fire.

Return to “Command: Chains of War”