What happens when a campaign scenario ends?

Command: Chains of War is a DLC for Command: Modern Operations. 20 minutes into the future, a spark erupts in the Korean peninsula that will lead to a theaterwide conflagration embroiling the entire Western Pacific and drag all major powers into it.
fatgreta1066

What happens when a campaign scenario ends?

Post by fatgreta1066 »

I just finished Blue Dawn. I got a message that the scenario had ended after a couple of hours, with me having a minor victory. All of my initial strikes hadn't finished yet, so I wanted to keep playing. I got several more messages up to the point that I had destroyed all of the assigned targets. If I continue, and inflict damage on North Korean assets that aren't on my mission target list, will that have an impact later in the campaign? Will my (minimal) losses have an impact later in the campaign? If I continue and suffer extreme losses, lowering my victory to minor or even a draw, will that hurt me in future missions? Or is it simply you have to win a scenario and you're passed on to the next one, with no carryover?
TyeeBanzai

RE: What happens when a campaign scenario ends?

Post by TyeeBanzai »

There is no carry over at the moment unfortunately. There is a fixed canon in campaigns, so as long as you pass, regardless of how many losses you suffered, nothing will change in the next scenario.

A dynamic campaign might be possible in the future though apparently.
Eggstor

Post by Eggstor »

ORIGINAL: fatgreta1066

I just finished Blue Dawn. I got a message that the scenario had ended after a couple of hours, with me having a minor victory. All of my initial strikes hadn't finished yet, so I wanted to keep playing. I got several more messages up to the point that I had destroyed all of the assigned targets. If I continue, and inflict damage on North Korean assets that aren't on my mission target list, will that have an impact later in the campaign? Will my (minimal) losses have an impact later in the campaign? If I continue and suffer extreme losses, lowering my victory to minor or even a draw, will that hurt me in future missions? Or is it simply you have to win a scenario and you're passed on to the next one, with no carryover?
There is no carryover. However, you can lose enough victory points after getting the pass-through score to not be able to continue.

What I do is, once I get the pass-through message, I save the game. That way, if I subsequently bollox things up by continuing with that scenario, I can still play the succeeding scenario without having to replay.
fatgreta1066

Post by fatgreta1066 »

Got it. Then I'm supposing (and this isn't a complaint, but saving with filenames is possible this way) that just playing the scenarios in order without the campaign feature is effectively the same thing, as long as I don't move on without winning?
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

You may miss out on whatever in between videos are provided that continue the storyline - Northern Inferno has several. But if you look in the files you can find these and play them independently if you want.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

Return to “Command: Chains of War”