Do I miss anything if I play the scenarios in order, not as part of the campaign?

Command: Chains of War is a DLC for Command: Modern Operations. 20 minutes into the future, a spark erupts in the Korean peninsula that will lead to a theaterwide conflagration embroiling the entire Western Pacific and drag all major powers into it.
fatgreta1066

Do I miss anything if I play the scenarios in order, not as part of the campaign?

Post by fatgreta1066 »

As I understand it, in the Northern Inferno campaign, if you play in campaign mode there are video clips and/or other things in between missions that add flavor to the campaign. So far (I'm up to Scenario 4, Salvo) I haven't seen anything like that in this campaign. So my question is, if I just play the individual scenarios will I miss anything by not playing in campaign mode? My only reason for that is to be able to use the Save As feature, so I can name my saves in order to recall what and where I left off.

Thanks,

Chris
SunlitZelkova

RE: Do I miss anything if I play the scenarios in order, not as part of the campaign?

Post by SunlitZelkova »

ORIGINAL: fatgreta1066

As I understand it, in the Northern Inferno campaign, if you play in campaign mode there are video clips and/or other things in between missions that add flavor to the campaign. So far (I'm up to Scenario 4, Salvo) I haven't seen anything like that in this campaign. So my question is, if I just play the individual scenarios will I miss anything by not playing in campaign mode? My only reason for that is to be able to use the Save As feature, so I can name my saves in order to recall what and where I left off.

Thanks,

Chris

No videos here. Either way, if there were some, you can still access the videos in the files, and watch them from there without having to play in the campaign.
Formerly known as Project2035, TyeeBanzai, and FlyForLenin
Eggstor

RE: Do I miss anything if I play the scenarios in order, not as part of the campaign?

Post by Eggstor »

You'll also lose the ending HTML file, but like the Northern Inferno videos, you can view that separately. You can tell what you're missing (as well as the pass-through score for each scenario) if you open up the ".campaign" file in a text editor.

As for campaign saves, while they're random file names, if you open up the "Resume from Save" tab after opening up the "Campaign" button, the campaign saves be listed by campaign, then session (when you started the first scenario of the campaign), then save time/date, while listing which scenario and what the in-game time that save is. As an aside, I do save when I do get the "pass-through" message (close the end-of-scenario box, save the game, and to get the end-of-scenario/pass-through box back, click on Game/Scoring from the menu bar). That way, I don't have to rebuild the "checkpoint" saves when a new database or scenario version comes out.

Good luck with getting through Salvo. It does get easier after that...until Okinawa Bound.

Return to “Command: Chains of War”