[corrected Stalingrad Campaign file] No Stalingrad Pocket with v01.01.02

Please post any bugs or technical issues found here for official support.

Moderator: Joel Billings

Naughteous Maximus

[corrected Stalingrad Campaign file] No Stalingrad Pocket with v01.01.02

Post by Naughteous Maximus »

This is true. I've tried multiple times with the vanilla scenario and no pockets anymore with this latest patch. All other patches, were historically accurate with the complete encirclement of the 6th Army. [:(]
Erik Rutins

RE: No Stalingrad Pocket with v01.01.02

Post by Erik Rutins »

Which scenario exactly are you referring to?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Kursk1943

Post by Kursk1943 »

Stalingrad to Berlin Campaign. I noticed the same.
I did a trial to found out something for Naughteous Maximus and did it as human against the Soviet AI.
I let the game run for three turns and did nothing as Axis. No Stalingrad pocket and also almost no action at the other fronts. AI nearly inactive.
Maybe a case for the Tech Support section.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Thanks for reporting the problem.

We've confirmed that the Stalingrad to Berlin first turn Ai script stopped functioning properly with the scenario file that was released with 1.01.00. Since we can trace it to a specific scenario file to where it stopped working, we assume that a change we made with that scenario file caused the AI first turn to fail. Until we can correct the AI first turn script, you shouldn't play against the Soviet AI using the 1.01.00 or later Stalingrad to Berlin scenario. As far as we know this is just an StoB scenario issue with the AI first turn.

For anyone that wants to use the old 1.00.12 version of the scenario file (the last version that we've released to the public where the AI first turn was working), I've attached it here. You need to unzip it into the \dat\scen folder. The name of the file has v1.00.12 added to it so it won't overwrite the normal file. When you go to load it you won't see a scenario description or photo, but it should work fine. This would just be for players who want to play against the Soviet AI. If playing as the Soviets, or playing 2 player, you should be able to use the most recent file.

Not sure how long it will take us to rework the AI first turn script (hopefully no more than a few days), but we'll post it on the forum once we get it fixed.
Attachments
Stalingrad..gnv10012.zip
(1.99 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

We confirmed that the Stalingrad to Berlin first turn AI script stopped functioning starting with the 1.01.00 version of the scenario file. We've corrected that and have attached the corrected file here. Just unzip this file into your Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2\Dat\Scen folder. In addition to reworking the Soviet AI first turn, there were a few more changes made to this file as follows:

• XXIII German Corps does not Disband on Turn 117. It does not Disband at all.
• The correct von Stuelpnagel chosen as Commander of WMBef France. There are two in the game.
• I./ZG 76 converts to I./JG 76 on Turn 88 and then converts to IV./JG 300 on Turn 98
• 614th Heavy Panzerjager Company changed from Ferdinand to Elefant Heavy Tank Destroyer
• II./JG 5 which becomes IV./JG 4 Moves to AR on Turn 114 not the Map
• XIV SS Corps which becomes X SS Corps moves to Map on Turn 114 not the AR
• Corrected Soviet AI first turn script

Note that this file should only be used by players using the public beta version 1.01.02.
Attachments
Stalingrad..nhotfix.zip
(1.99 MiB) Downloaded 33 times
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Tech Support”