Trouble running Armageddon

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Chris0War

Trouble running Armageddon

Post by Chris0War »

Just purchased a new screen, LG ultragear gsync compatible 27 inch 2k resolution and during the try-out i noticed that armageddon would load in a smaller portion of the screen stuck to the upright corner. After loading a game the the game screen remained in the same up right spot.

Are there any solutions for this specific problem?
zakblood

RE: Trouble running Armageddon

Post by zakblood »

anything to do with resolution is always a DPI issue, so change the default to 100% is the quickest fix, long term it's a bit more complicated but doable, if that doesn't help, post a report and i'll check it for you

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post as it's a Txt file which is then permitted to attach to
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

if it worked before the new screen and now doesn't,

did you also delete this file?
locate game's settings file:
%Documents%\My Games\Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon\settings.whdat
and delete it.

then retry as it should set the default back to normal, not your old setting, and then see if it displays better/ correctly
Chris0War

Post by Chris0War »

Thanks, the removal of the file did indeed work, now the game works as beautiful as ever!
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

glad to hear it[;)]
ccccc1122

Post by ccccc1122 »

There was once a blind man who had so fine a sense of touch that, when any animal was put into his hands, he could tell what it was merely by the feel of it. One day the cub of a wolf was put into his hands, and he was asked what it was. He felt it for some time, and then said, "Indeed, I am not sure whether it is a wolf's cub or a fox's: but this I know -- it would never do to trust it in a sheepfold."
Evil tendencies are early shown.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”