Championship Challenge Now Available

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

PadresFan104

Championship Challenge Now Available

Post by PadresFan104 »

Since 1960, who do you think the best World Series winning team has been? The 1998 Yankees? The 1975 Reds? Maybe the 86 Mets, 91 Twins, or 84 Tigers?

I thought it would be fun to create a 20 team league made up of some of the best World Series winning teams since 1960. In picking the 20 teams that would represent the past 45 years, I tried to pick the teams that I thought had the best chance of beating everyone else for the top spot. That's why you won't find what I consider to be weaker teams like the 80 Phillies, or the 97 Marlins. Looking back at the final list tonight, I think I may have missed one or two top contenders, like the 70 Orioles, but overall it's pretty good, and should make for some interesting matchups. At any rate, take a look at the teams below, and let me know what teams you think should have made the list.

The Association is called "The Championship Challenge" and is available on my website as a PSA file.

http://web.mac.com/sixwilsons/iWeb/Pure ... /Main.html

Here are the Association specifics:

- Replay Mode
- 2 ten-team Leagues
- 35 Man Rosters
- Injuries On
- Trades Off
- 162 Game Schedule
- DH in AL
- Players rated on 10 point scale
- Finances Off
- Logos, Player Photos, and Ballparks all assigned.
- Players that may have joined the team late in the season are included on the teams roster, as I wanted the roster to best represent the state of the team during October.

Also note that not every team had 35 players on their roster during the season. In these cases, I simply padded the teams roster with players with all 1's for their ratings. Also, some teams had more than 35 players make an appearance, in which case I dropped the players that had the least at-bats or innings pitched.

I hope you guys have fun with the Association. Here's a preview...

In the American League, the teams are:

1961 Yankees
1972 A's
1977 Yankees
1984 Tigers
1989 A's
1991 Twins
1992 Blue Jays
1998 Yankees
2004 Red Sox
2005 White Sox

In the National League, the teams are:

1960 Pirates
1965 Dodgers
1967 Cardinals
1969 Mets
1975 Reds
1979 Pirates
1982 Cardinals
1986 Mets
1988 Dodgers
1995 Braves

Here are the stories from the first PSPN.com report of the season:

Pre-Season Top-10 Power Rankings

2004 Boston
1998 Yankees
1995 Braves
1967 Cardinals
1961 Yankees
2005 White Sox
1979 Pirates
1989 A's
1988 Dodgers
1992 Blue Jays

Most Feared Hitters List

Mickey Mantle'61
Manny Ramirez'04
Bernie Williams'98
Elston Howard'61
Ryan Klesko'95
David Ortiz'04
Roger Maris'61
Javey Lopez'95

Gotta chuckle seeing Klesko ahead of Maris on that list... [:)]

Enjoy, and I'd love to hear any feedback you may have.

Al
PadresFan's Text Sim Mod Website: http://www.padresfanmods.net
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/padresfanmods
rmayer32

RE: Championship Challenge Now Available

Post by rmayer32 »

Can't wait to give this one a try. [:)]
Rick
Claymore Cut

Post by Claymore Cut »

Cool looking stuff! Can games be managed in the mode that is set or can only the commish sim out games? Also, can more than one player have control of a team (sorry puresim noob here).
PadresFan104

Post by PadresFan104 »

ORIGINAL: Claymore Cut

Cool looking stuff! Can games be managed in the mode that is set or can only the commish sim out games? Also, can more than one player have control of a team (sorry puresim noob here).

Thanks! All teams are initially set to CPU control. You can take control of any team you like and manage their games. It's set up as a single player association, so only one human owner at a time.

Al
PadresFan's Text Sim Mod Website: http://www.padresfanmods.net
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/padresfanmods
Claymore Cut

Post by Claymore Cut »

ORIGINAL: PadresFan104
ORIGINAL: Claymore Cut

Thanks! All teams are initially set to CPU control. You can take control of any team you like and manage their games. It's set up as a single player association, so only one human owner at a time.

Al

Ah, thanks. I am still trying to get used to this whole single/multiplayer thing. I wish it was handled so that you could do either or, I could easily see myself starting a league a friend of mine would be interested in at a later time. For a replay league, it is not that big a deal, but for a career league....

Return to “PureSim Baseball”