Matrix - Have you lost all integrity???

Adanac's Strategic level World War I grand campaign game designed by Frank Hunter

Moderator: SeanD

jchastain

Matrix - Have you lost all integrity???

Post by jchastain »

ORIGINAL: David Heath on 3/26 (In THIS thread)

Hi Guys

Frank and I talked this weekend and we expect a major update on this project this week. Sorry for the delays guys.

David

David -
It is one thing to make some mistakes; things go wrong from time to time and we all make mistakes. It is completely another to continue to make promises and then not keep them. Sincerity is meaning what you say at the timne that you said it. Integrity is following through and doing what you say. Perhaps your comments are sincere, but time and time again Matrix is showing itself to lack integrity in representing this title. This has now gone beyond smearing Frank:
ORIGINAL: David Heath (in the same thread referenced above)

Look Frank Hunter makes the choices for what program he is going to work on first and how long. The truth of the matter is that We picked up Black Powder Wars because Frank told us about it. So please do not think we took him off of this game to work on something else because that is simply not true.

And if you do not think that was a smear then you have conveniently forgotten that Frank accepted pre-orders for this title years ago and now that he obviously has better things to do, he is abandoning the product that he not only promised people, but sold to them!

Not only are you implicitly (if not explicitly) condoning Frank's disgraceful practices, but you are now falling into the same boat by repeatedly promising updates that never come. Come on Matrix, you are better than this! I know... it's just an oversight, right? Well, I hate to say it but there is a pattern forming and it isn't a pretty one. This isn't the time to whine that all of this isn't your fault, it's time to realize that it is your good name getting drug through the mud here and for you to start doing what you say you'll do even when Frank doesn't. It has been exactly two weeks since you stated that you expected a "major update" "this week". Is it too much to ask for you to do as you said and provide that update?
sol_invictus

RE: Matrix - Have you lost all integrity???

Post by sol_invictus »

Let me say that I am one of those people that paid for the game in full almost four years ago; however, I think you are being a bit harsh with Matrix. This game was sold by Frank long before Matrix had anything to do with it. I think that Matrix is in a difficult position with this game since they don't have any control over Frank yet they are tarred with the fallout. I realize that since Matrix decided to take on this project, they must assume some responsibity from that point, but I would assign it at a ratio or only around 10%. To my mind, Frank is the one who is responsible for finishing the game and getting it to market, Matrix can only gently nudge him to finish it. I wasn't real put off when Frank started work on BON before finishing GOA, but after he is done with BON he really needs to finish GOA asap before he starts anything else.
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

There has been a great deal of progress on Guns of August in the last couple of weeks. I'm sure that Dave will post more here as soon as he has an update ready. I expect that to be days rather than weeks.

While we can't change Frank's workload or clone him to move things faster, we are definitely working together with him and he is working hard to get this ready for release. There are a number of games ahead of it in the pipeline, but it's getting attention and we are not slowing it down. We realize there are pre-orders from before this came to Matrix and that there has been a lot of patience on the part of customers for this title. Please hang in there a little longer until Dave is ready to post.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
jchastain

Post by jchastain »

ORIGINAL: Arinvald

Let me say that I am one of those people that paid for the game in full almost four years ago; however, I think you are being a bit harsh with Matrix. This game was sold by Frank long before Matrix had anything to do with it. I think that Matrix is in a difficult position with this game since they don't have any control over Frank yet they are tarred with the fallout. I realize that since Matrix decided to take on this project, they must assume some responsibity from that point, but I would assign it at a ratio or only around 10%. To my mind, Frank is the one who is responsible for finishing the game and getting it to market, Matrix can only gently nudge him to finish it. I wasn't real put off when Frank started work on BON before finishing GOA, but after he is done with BON he really needs to finish GOA asap before he starts anything else.

I agree with everything you said. My point was simply that with a product with a history as shady as this one, it is especially important for Matrix to be upfront and honest with the customer base. It isn't intentional I am sure, but there is a history of Matrix promising updates on this title and then not delivering on those promises.
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

There has been a great deal of progress on Guns of August in the last couple of weeks. I'm sure that Dave will post more here as soon as he has an update ready. I expect that to be days rather than weeks.

While we can't change Frank's workload or clone him to move things faster, we are definitely working together with him and he is working hard to get this ready for release. There are a number of games ahead of it in the pipeline, but it's getting attention and we are not slowing it down. We realize there are pre-orders from before this came to Matrix and that there has been a lot of patience on the part of customers for this title. Please hang in there a little longer until Dave is ready to post.

Thanks Erik. As always, you are a class act. The main thing we want is occasional communication and then follow-through on commitments. Simply stating that you will give monthly updates and then making absolutely sure they are posted, regardless of what progress has or has not been made, would make things a whole lot better and give the community some comfort that they have not been abandoned. Personally, I do not think that is too much to ask.
TheBlackhorse

Post by TheBlackhorse »

In this day and age, how difficult is it for a developer to pop into a forum and scribe a few lines giving an update on a product people are quite obviously desiring an update/comment on?

I mean come on... almost everyone of us here has a "job", yet that does not prevent us posting to the forum with questions. I doubt any developer is so fully engrossed in work as to be unable to pen a few sentences and cut and paste them to this forum.

It's been, dare I estimate it, a very long time since the developer posted here.
TheBlackhorse

Post by TheBlackhorse »

Actually, as of next week (19 April) it will have been a YEAR since Frank posted in this GoA Forum.
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

Hi Guys

Yes we agree and I have asked Frank to please come and post here on and he said he would. Frank is working on a crash bug for GOA and I will update everyone once I get a working version of the game again.

David

Executioner Five

Post by Executioner Five »

ORIGINAL: David Heath

Hi Guys

Yes we agree and I have asked Frank to please come and post here on and he said he would. Frank is working on a crash bug for GOA and I will update everyone once I get a working version of the game again.

David

I see that Frank's word is about as good as Matrix's--in other words, full of s*h*i*t.
[size=8}ITMFA[/size]
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

E5

That last comment was uncalled for!
Soft Heap

Post by Soft Heap »

Oh, we are getting used to this; it's just
Executioner Five
. I think it's been a while since he kissed a lady or something like that.
Hand in hand, Kameraden!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: jamesm
That last comment was uncalled for!

Agreed. Take personal insults elsewhere, or work out your stress with something other than waiting for a game.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Executioner Five

Post by Executioner Five »

How was it uncalled for? Please tell me. Matrix tells us stuff, it doesn't happen. They say they're going to do something...it doesn't happen. They say Frank is going to do something...it doesn't happen.

The comment was the truth.
[size=8}ITMFA[/size]
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

ORIGINAL: Executioner Five

How was it uncalled for? Please tell me. Matrix tells us stuff, it doesn't happen. They say they're going to do something...it doesn't happen. They say Frank is going to do something...it doesn't happen.

The comment was the truth.

I can not make Frank come here and post. If you do not like that well I am sorry. I told you the truth... I requested Frank to come here and post I am at least here and doing what I can.

Return to “Guns of August 1914 - 1918”