Polymorph Militia ---> inf rofl

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

jinks

Polymorph Militia ---> inf rofl

Post by jinks »

Ok I play Turkey...ehh more like testing the game[:D] anyway her it comes

Ok I got lots of militia in 1809 and I wanted to get rid of them, so I start to move them into 2 areas. First area with about 12 units and the second area with 18 units of militia. All set to forage(lol imagine 180k racing for the last rabit in Nish....ROFL).

Next turn I check and see lots of them have died or diserted, so I start with filling units up to 10k, with that I end up with 1-2 units empty. Next turn they lose more men but hey and behold some of my militia turned into INFANTRY[X(][:D]

I did not move any of em into towns/city and the units that got reinforced got from other militia in same area, so how can the increase morale witch at the start was about 1.1-1.7 max and now some of them went over 2.0 and are now infantry...someone must have waved his magic wand around, because I'm prety sure manual says unit won't change into other units, but hey I don't mind this polymorth spell [:D]

Do you guys think its a bug or is it suposed to be like this...very strange...I can uderstand it if they have been in combat and goten experince and by that becoming a real fighting unit and change into Infantry, but this[&:]
marirosa

RE: Polymorph Militia ---> inf rofl

Post by marirosa »

That's because the draft. If you play with the draft sliders you can get draftees of enough morale.

Then yours units are replenished with more trained men, so they are now regular infantry.

Try to do not kill all your militia and you can have an army of 24 infantry without build any division. You still need the containers but you save a lot of textiles as Turkey, aren't you? [;)]
Naomi

Post by Naomi »

I accepted the idea that militas should be able to be promoted, though I remember one of the developers said they couldn't. You shouldn't ve been in hurry to do such Uzbekistani-style killings, as mil-divisions are very useful to help defend cities. Turkey has the whole of North Africa to conquer, and there need be garrisions following subjugation.
carnifex

Post by carnifex »

Upkeep costs are the same for Militia and Infantry, so you're better off turning your Militia into Infantry, then garrisoning your cities with them. You get the benefit of a stronger defense and the flexibility of being able to do an emergency reinforce with them, all for the same cost.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Hmmm... I wonder if militia can be promoted via the reinforcement pool. I'll look into that.
jinks

Post by jinks »

HA!!! its a bug...or...exploit....gone nxt patch I take it [:'(]
jinks

Post by jinks »

Subject should have been Militia ---> Inf ---> Guard Unit [X(]

I went for the extrem and my inf morale went over 8 and turned into a guard unit. Hope it gets fixed in early patch does not look right at all.

Return to “Crown of Glory”