Japanese aircraft production trap

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

sermil

Japanese aircraft production trap

Post by sermil »

I remember seeing this in other posts but I wasn't concerned then. My situation is as follows: I have 5 Japanese CVs with about 10 AM6V2 zeroes each (not enough) in September '43, I have 0 AM6V3a zeroes in the pool and somehow this model is the only one my carrier AM6V2s upgrade to. The production is all set to AM6V5 zekes by this time. So what do I try to do? Switch a few factories to produce AM6V3a's so that I can at least upgrade to something (what I could also try is producing AM6V2s as replacements).But guess what happens? The factories switched to AM6V3a get switched back to zekes on the next turn[&:]. Do I have to try the replacement option, or just wait and watch my carriers fight with no CAP at all?
Sergio
sermil

RE: Japanese aircraft production trap

Post by sermil »

Forgive my confusing aircraft nomenclature: AM6V2 are A6M2 and AM6V3 are A6M3 etc... I'm not a WWII weapons expert, just a casual wargame player.
Sergio
Mr.Frag

RE: Japanese aircraft production trap

Post by Mr.Frag »

Turn automatic upgrade on for these air units and stick them in port, they should skip the a6m3 step and go directly to a6m5's assuming you have a6m5's available.

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”