Digital DL. Same patch?

UFO: Extraterrestrials is a futuristic real-time/turn-based strategy blend set on the fictional planet of Esperanza in 2025. Having made a bloody first contact with a strange form of life from another planet, the player is thrust into the tough position of leading the defense of this isolated planet against the never-ending assault of these hostile invaders
rjnharvey

Digital DL. Same patch?

Post by rjnharvey »

Hey Gents,

Does the Digital DL of the game require special patches or can you use thew same patch as if you had the CD?

Thinking of grabbing the Digital DL as was just curious. :)
PhoenixD

RE: Digital DL. Same patch?

Post by PhoenixD »

The matrix DL is just a straight installer, no extra crap, so I'd presume it'd be the same patch.
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

I will be no different for the Matrix version, or at least it never has been previously. The CD versions contain exactly what you would download, and in both cases you need to enter the serial number (either e-mailed, or on the CD) to install both game and patches. I'm curious to see how it will differ for those of us who Matrix refused to sell to ( [;)] ) and had to rely on Gamersgate. I've no idea how patching their stuff works in practice; presumably you just download and install in the usual fashion?

The download is probably a good call on this one; I haven't looked at the manual yet and doubt I ever will.
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

Patch? What patch? Did I miss something?
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

No. Just a mutual assumption that there will be one at some stage.
PhoenixD

Post by PhoenixD »

The devs have confirmed one is in the works, but no release date yet.
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

ORIGINAL: Hertston

I will be no different for the Matrix version, or at least it never has been previously. The CD versions contain exactly what you would download, and in both cases you need to enter the serial number (either e-mailed, or on the CD) to install both game and patches. I'm curious to see how it will differ for those of us who Matrix refused to sell to ( [;)] ) and had to rely on Gamersgate. I've no idea how patching their stuff works in practice; presumably you just download and install in the usual fashion?

The download is probably a good call on this one; I haven't looked at the manual yet and doubt I ever will.

No Hertston

That's not fair..... we never refuse to sell to you or anyone. We were not allowed to by our contract and we did ask the IP owner and was told no. What are we to do in this case but follow the agreement. I will admit I going to think twice before allowing that to happen again.

David
rjnharvey

Post by rjnharvey »

Thanks for the prompt replies all. I think posting the question (and having to wait for an answer) was the last barrier to me buying it. Needless to say you knocked down that barrier pretty darn fast and I just finished installing the game from the digital download. :)
mjk428

Post by mjk428 »

ORIGINAL: David Heath

No Hertston

That's not fair..... we never refuse to sell to you or anyone. We were not allowed to by our contract and we did ask the IP owner and was told no. What are we to do in this case but follow the agreement. I will admit I going to think twice before allowing that to happen again.

David

Yo, Mr. Heath...

Herts was joking. Put on your smiley goggles. :)

BTW, it would be good to get an official reply regarding patches. Since there are 3 or 4 distributors by my count, will future patches truly be universal? Understand if you can't say so definitively.

Return to “UFO: Extraterrestrials”