two questions

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

stretch

two questions

Post by stretch »

I'm in the tutorial so I apologize if these things are different in other scenarios.

1. Once a land unit is loaded onto ships it no longer appears in the "list all land units" nor does it appear in the list of land units at the base. This potentially makes it very difficult to track what unit is where when you have a bunch of stuff floating around the ocean. Is there a way to list out all land units including those that are embarked?

2. Is there a way to control which ship in a task force is the flag. I know it will pick one of the largest ship types, but can I control which CV or BB it chooses to put the leader in? Trivial, I know.

thanks.
denisonh

RE: two questions

Post by denisonh »

As far as I have seen:

No

and

No
"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
Ron Saueracker

Post by Ron Saueracker »

ORIGINAL: stretch

I'm in the tutorial so I apologize if these things are different in other scenarios.

1. Once a land unit is loaded onto ships it no longer appears in the "list all land units" nor does it appear in the list of land units at the base. This potentially makes it very difficult to track what unit is where when you have a bunch of stuff floating around the ocean. Is there a way to list out all land units including those that are embarked?

2. Is there a way to control which ship in a task force is the flag. I know it will pick one of the largest ship types, but can I control which CV or BB it chooses to put the leader in? Trivial, I know.

thanks.

2) Nope. I'd still like to see leaders vulnerable to tower hits and not have to sink the entire fleet to perhaps kill the admiral. I'm sure, Scott, Callaghan, Goto, Ijuin etc would like to have fought under WITP/UV leader vulnerability rules.[:D]

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
stretch

Post by stretch »

thanks for the quick replies. It would seem like including units embarked on some list somewhere would be relatively easy to do. Wink wink....
MadDawg

Post by MadDawg »

On the same note Id like to see grounded pilots killed by air and naval bombardment of airfields, too [:)]

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”