Thorny Rose - Rookie AAR

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes or how you had your Titan shot out from under you.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

aquietfrog

Thorny Rose - Rookie AAR

Post by aquietfrog »

Since I've finally finished all three official campaigns (Metaborator was an excellent campaign, very difficult campaign, i had to pull out my squad at least once every map due to unexpected twist of events that lead me into utter defeat, e.g. falling into lava)... I'm following Sleeping Dragon's lead on the Hard Core AAR.

First, the random Titans using the last extended database beta that was posted, I randomized my selection by setting up a random game at the battle module... it gave me:

Quantum
Dagger
Will o' Wisp

It gave me a Will o' Wisp! My favourite support Recon Titan. Seems like a good start already.

And then it was time for the Jocks. I decided to go with the standard race selection recommended for rookies. Human Leader, Replicant I Manager, Replicant D Mechanic. Let's hope I don't run into NBs too soon.

After naming and Initial DP allocation, this is how they turn out:

Code: Select all

-----------------------------------------------------------------
 Jock:		Rosalina Sirene aka Red Rose
 Squad:		Thorny Rose

Race:		HUMAN [FEMALE]
 Size:		186 cm
 Weight:		72 kg
 Salary:		3350 $ / month
 Titan:		Dagger [40.0 t]
 Battles:	00 [Wins/Losses: 00/00]
 Hit ratio:	N/A
 Kills:		0
 XP:		0 / 3400
 DP:		Pilot: 002 / Combat: 003 / Other: 001
 Leader:		Recruit rookie mod 45%

Attributes:
 INTELLIGENCE:		12
 NEURAL SENSE:		12
 REACTION:		10
 INSTINCT:		12
 DEXTERITY:		10
 CONSTITUTION:		10		HP: 90
 CHARISMA:		13

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		050 % [050]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		017 % [056] --
 ASSAULT:		031 % [056] 
 JUMP:			014 % [050] --
 SCOUTING:		033 % [060] 

CLOSE COMBAT:		031 % [056] 
 GUIDED MSL.:		009 % [060] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		015 % [050] --
 CANNON:			021 % [050] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		050 % [050]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		022 % [060] -

EL. WARFARE:		008 % [060] ---
 SCANNER:		050 % [060]
 DEFENSIVE:		026 % [053] -
 DMG. CONTROL:		005 % [056] ---
 LEADERSHIP:		063 % [063]
 BUSINESS:		016 % [061] --
 SURVIVAL:		026 % [056] -
 MEDICAL:		011 % [056] --

Jock:		Koh Yong Qiang aka Feisty

Race:		REPLICANT I [MALE]
 Size:		191 cm
 Weight:		100 kg
 Salary:		2125 $ / month
 Titan:		Will-o'-Wisp [40.0 t]
 XP:		0 / 3600
 DP:		Pilot: 000 / Combat: 004 / Other: 000
 Manager:	Purchase markup 05%

Attributes:
 INTELLIGENCE:		14
 NEURAL SENSE:		09
 REACTION:		11
 INSTINCT:		10
 CHARISMA:		12

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		051 % [051]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		016 % [046] --
 ASSAULT:		016 % [046] --
 JUMP:			050 % [051]
 SCOUTING:		013 % [056] --

CLOSE COMBAT:		006 % [051] ---
 GUIDED MSL.:		063 % [063]
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		018 % [051] --
 CANNON:			043 % [053]
 ENERGY WEAPON:		021 % [053] -
 INDIRECT FIRE:		012 % [056] --

EL. WARFARE:		016 % [063] --
 SCANNER:		022 % [061] -
 DEFENSIVE:		011 % [056] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		010 % [063] --
 LEADERSHIP:		014 % [063] --
 BUSINESS:		065 % [066]
 SURVIVAL:		027 % [050] -
 MEDICAL:		010 % [063] --

Jock:		Lazuli Cerulean aka Azure Dreamer

Race:		REPLICANT D [FEMALE]
 Size:		167 cm
 Weight:		54 kg
 Salary:		3350 $ / month
 Titan:		Quantum [40.0 t]
 XP:		0 / 4000
 DP:		Pilot: 000 / Combat: 002 / Other: 003
 Mechanic:	Repair markup 09%

Attributes:
 INSTINCT:		11
 DEXTERITY:		13
 CHARISMA:		10

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		060 % [060]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		002 % [051] ---
 ASSAULT:		020 % [051] -
 JUMP:			006 % [060] ---
 SCOUTING:		021 % [056] -

CLOSE COMBAT:		036 % [053] 
 GUIDED MSL.:		005 % [058] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		015 % [060] --
 CANNON:			039 % [055] 
 ENERGY WEAPON:		055 % [055]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		015 % [056] --

EL. WARFARE:		007 % [058] ---
 SCANNER:		030 % [055] 
 DEFENSIVE:		017 % [063] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		061 % [061]
 LEADERSHIP:		002 % [053] ---
 BUSINESS:		016 % [056] --
 SURVIVAL:		022 % [053] -
 MEDICAL:		020 % [061] -

Summary of Skills:

Rosalina Sirene aka Red Rose: Leader with decent E skill and good Scanner skill for a rookie. She gets the Dagger.

Koh Yong Qiang aka Feisty: Manager with very good cannon skill and decent GM skill, pumped his GM skill and he gets the Will o' Wisp

Lazuli Cerulean aka Azure Dreamer: Attributes were not very pretty to start with but she had good skills, most DPs went to Attributes. She gets the Quantum.

On to their first battle.

They start in the West among dense cover with scattered hills and mountains. LoS could be a problem. Lazuli on the Quantum takes the point there seems to be a central mountain formation. It doesn't look like the squad can climb over it first so they decide to take defensive positions around the foot of the mountain. To scout, Feisty on the Will o' Wisp climbs up a western hill and jumps but doesn't see any titans. The central mountain is blocking view of the SouthEastern part of the map. The squad decides to change tactics, Red Rose and Lazuli charge ahead.

Lazuli reaches the Mountain Peak first and spots a Recon 8 hexes away. The mountain slope she's facing is too steep to climb down so she decides to crouch and attempt a few scans. Just as she manages to acquire lock, a Light Titan shows up, it's a Poltergeist 4 hexes away. Change target immediately. Looks like Feisty made a bad choice for sniping spot. He can't see anything from his position. I call move, except Feisty on was on auto-move walk mode and it freezes the game at 187 game sec. I forgot if there's a way to cure this, but i decide to restart the game from autosave. Pretty much the same things happen, I call move for Feisty at 187 game sec and the recon pops up again. It's a zealot, just behind the poltergeist. Looks like this is gonna be a short range stand off. Red Rose on the Dagger enters Lazuli's hex.

Missed Shots are exchanged. Red Rose gets a yellow scan on the Poltergeist. The Zealot closes in further. Lazuli changes target to the Zealot. Red Rose gets a green scan on the Poltergeist. She fires her lasers at the Poltergeist before changing target to the quickly approaching Zealot. Red Rose takes a Meson hit to the Head but nothing critical happened. More laser shots fired and the Zealot turns to find a way up the steep mountain. It seems racing up to the top was a good decision after all. Feisty still can't see anything. Bad choice of position.

More lasers are fired and Lazuli brings down the Zealot with a SL hit. The CLG recycles, fires, and takes out the Zealot's RT. I notice the Poltergeist isn't doing anything. Feisty climbs a different hill and still can't see a thing. He's now very annoyed at missing all the action. Meanwhile, Red Rose takes out a Leg on the Zealot. Its pilot ejects shortly. Change target to Poltergeist. The squad takes advantage of the Poltergeist's inactivity to cool down and for Feisty to get a good position, or at least LoS. After a few laser hits, the Poltergeist falls down. Lazuli tries to get a green scan while Red Rose pours out her ML and SL. The Poltergeist stands up but doesn't fire any weapons. More lasers fired and Lazuli keeps scanning inbetween shots.

As Feisty entered LoS, the Poltergeist opens fire on Feisty! What the hell? Why'd it start up now? Oh well, anyway Feisty took a GME to the head but nothing critical happened. Lucky. The poltergeist starts moving forward and shoots all weapons at Feisty. In hope of stopping the Poltergeist from climbing up the mountain, they keep on firing. Both Feisty and Lazuli stop attempting a green scan. They manage to knock the poltergeist down again. Red Rose's target display shows yellow spots all over. The Poltergeist manages to get up despite the relatively heavy fire and moves out of LoS to all squad members. Feisty decides to get up and jump back. While jumping, Feisty spots the Poltergeist who's now trying to climb up the mountain. Feisty chances an AC4 shot at 18% and hits, takes out the LT and knocks the poltergeist down. Feisty can't help remarking "Damn, I'm good!" and finishes jumping back and landing down. He starts moving towards the light woods on the plain directly 4 hexes west of the poltergeist.

Red Rose and Lazuli move in for the kill but the Poltergeist gets back up on its feet so they stop and crouch instead. A few more shots and the other side torso is taken down. While the poltergeist is down, a leg is taken off and it falls down again.

Victory!

The zealot is offered as a salvaged titan, accepted. thank you!

Salvage: 0
Bounty : 0
Payment: 150000 (the zealot had a novice jock)
Upkeep : 19401
Balance: 130599
Total : 285058$

Squad Repair: 30016$

Not bad for a start.
Attachments
battle1.jpg
battle1.jpg (76.99 KiB) Viewed 389 times
aquietfrog

RE: Thorny Rose - Rookie AAR

Post by aquietfrog »

Second Battle

Rosalina Sirene aka Red Rose on a Dagger
Koh Yong Qiang aka Feisty on a Will o' Wisp
Lazuli Cerulean aka Azure Dreamer on a Quantum

(random selection) Terran Map 22 x 22

Squad starts in the northeast corner.

Lazuli and Red Rose go along the northern edge of the map behind some hills. Feisty scouts on top of the high hill and jumps to see if there's any titans. Nope, the southeastern part of the map is blocked from view. It's unclear from where the enemy will be approaching. Red and Lazuli move further east and go south towards the middle hills. Feisty lands face first into the ground. Splendid.

As Feisty gets up into a crouching position, he spots an enemy titan - a Lancer. I forgot what that thing carries. It's several hexes to the east. The other squad members can't see it yet. The lancer lets out an AC shot. It misses, then a Gargoyle pops up behind it. Crap, it's a CC light, this could be dangerous. Both enemy titans lock onto Feisty, they miss their shots. Red Rose and Azure Dreamer close in under dense cover. As Lazuli enters LoS, the Gargoyle targets her and sets fire to the woods she's in. Dammit. Feisty lost LoS as well, clever trick those buggers did...

Lazuli enters the Lancer's hex. She knocks it down with a CLG, however, she doesn't have enough follow through to keep it downed and soon gets back to its feet. The gargoyle enters the hex as well, this is definitely not looking good. Red Rose had to move around the fire to get into LoS, it's taking her a while... For some odd reason, the Gargoyle ran into the burning woods. Lazuli continually misses with her CLG, the Lancer's MGs are eating away the Quantum's APs... Red Rose breaks move as she spotted the Gargoyle. Feisty spots it, too. The Gargoyle turns as shoots NM's at Lazuli but misses.

Lazuli waits for her CLG to reload. Upon firing, she hits the Lancer's RT and sends it to the ground, followed by a SL, the RT is disabled. Feisty gets a lock on the Gargoyle but has poor to-hit rates. He misses his shots and then attempts to scan. Lazuli gets hit with NMs while she's trying to cool down. Machinegun fire damages an elbow actuator as well... The Gargoyle enters Lazuli's hex, and Lazuli starts taking a beating. With reds all over the place, Lazuli panics and decides to eject before it's too late.

Meanwhile, Feisty lost LoS again. He decides to move. Lazuli's ejection was a bad idea as she only got 10 to check against and died in the attempt. I forgot I was playing with rookies here, damn what a sad end. The enemy then changes target to Red Rose. When the Lancer enters Red's hex, she takes out its with a few lasers shots. The Lancer is down and now Rose changes target to the Gargoyle... The Gargoyle enters Red's hex and manages a VC to the head, damaging LS. Red loses 33 HP. Red retaliates with Lasers and punches and tries to run out of the hex. Red manages to get away. The Gargoyle changes its target to Feisty who managed to climb a different mountain and got LoS. Red meanwhile tries to up another mountain... They'll try to distract the Gargoyle into changing targets often. It moves forward and lost direct LoS, and then Red Rose pops up on top of the hill. The gargoyle turns towards Red Rose, Feisty then tries to get a scan in while waiting for the Gargoyle to get back in direct LoS. He doesn't have enough skill for indirect shots... however, the Gargoyle moves completely out of his LoS so Feisty decides to move out again. The Gargoyle moves toward Red Rose, but as Feisty pops into view, he changes targets again... The gargoyle then moves out of Red's LoS so she decides to move as an initiative to avoid CC.. The Gargoyle is spotted moving westward. Red Rose takes her chance to shoot at its back before it moves out of LoS again. Red Rose and Feisty decide to move down to the plains. Red Rose takes high ground on the north eastern corner while Feisty ducks into some light cover. They wait for the Gargoyle to move back into LoS. This time it would be moving into open plains if it wants to close in.

The Gargoyle in full view takes several shots from both titans. It falls down a couple of times without even managing to return fire. Another ML to the LowT and if falls down a third time. Its now showing reds on the LoT and an arm. It gets back up and Feisty then takes out the LoT with his AC4. The squad decides to cool down for a while to see what the jock decides to do... The Gargoyle's jock ejects. I see his skill check is red.

VICTORY!

Looks like the Gargoyle pilot died in ejection, too.

The surviving jocks take note to put DPs into their Survival skill.

Salvage:  48148
 Bounty :  12000
 Payment: 125000
 Upkeep :  16221
 Balance: 168927
 Total  : 423969 $

Salary:		3886 $ / month
 Battles:	02 [Wins/Losses: 02/00]
 Hit ratio:	26 %
 XP:		2392 / 3400
 DP:		Pilot: 026 / Combat: 065 / Other: 072

Salary:		2465 $ / month
 Hit ratio:	36 %
 XP:		1716 / 3600
 DP:		Pilot: 040 / Combat: 030 / Other: 047
 Mechanic:	Repair markup 60%

aquietfrog

Post by aquietfrog »

Third Battle

Core terrain, 22 x 22.

new jock Sabrina Micah aka Sami on a Quantum

A new jock was hired to replace Lazuli. Sabrina Micah aka Sami. She went on to pilot the Quantum.

The Squad starts out on the West. However, on the battlefield, none of the team were able to do anything due to extreme heat conditions. Feisty pretty much just sat there waiting forever to cool off since he ran too much trying to climb a mountain. Red Rose got into fisticuffs with a light titan: Inferno. Flamer titan on a Core map against recons with poor heat regs... not very fun. Red Rose managed to keep the Inferno down for punching and kicking between cooling breaks in attempt to keep the inferno from standing up. Alas, the Inferno got me when it fired and hit with its flame throwers while downed, delaying my attack enough to stand up. I shouldn't have set attack mode to "wait on heat: green". It didn't take long and the situation was reversed. Red Rose was nearing critical heat level so she decided to eject before she got shut down, the other enemy titan, a recon Tripwire was entering the hex, too... Meanwhile Sami entered the hex, got into fisticuffs with the Inferno and managed to bring down the Inferno with a CLG hit. Red Rose fails the skill check for the eject, but survives. Later, the Inferno jock ejected as well. Feisty is just scanning away trying to cool down. Just as Sami was retargetting to the Tripwire, the Tripwire took out her LoT. She decided to act as bait while Feisty tries to shell it with support fire. Unfortunately, the Tripwire ripped off the Quantum's head. Sami is dead.

An overheating Will o' Wisp against a Tripwire didn't look so good. The enemy offered a draw and I accepted.

allocated DPs and hired a new Jock again

Salary:		4154 $ / month
 Battles:	03 [Wins/Losses: 03/00]
 Hit ratio:	29 %
 XP:		2997 / 3400
 DP:		Pilot: 000 / Combat: 002 / Other: 000

Attributes:

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		050 % [051]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		017 % [056] --
 ASSAULT:		031 % [056] 
 JUMP:			014 % [051] --
 SCOUTING:		041 % [060]

CLOSE COMBAT:		038 % [058] 
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		015 % [051] --
 CANNON:			021 % [053] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		053 % [053]

DEFENSIVE:		026 % [053] -
 DMG. CONTROL:		005 % [056] ---
 SURVIVAL:		040 % [056]
 MEDICAL:		011 % [056] --

Salary:		2604 $ / month
 Battles:	03 [Wins/Losses: 03/00]
 Hit ratio:	32 %
 XP:		2202 / 3600
 DP:		Pilot: 001 / Combat: 003 / Other: 003
 Manager:	Purchase markup 04%

Attributes:

Skills:
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		016 % [046] --
 ASSAULT:		016 % [046] --
 JUMP:			051 % [051]
 SCOUTING:		028 % [056] -

CLOSE COMBAT:		006 % [051] ---
 GUIDED MSL.:		063 % [063]
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		018 % [051] --
 CANNON:			049 % [053]
 ENERGY WEAPON:		021 % [053] -
 INDIRECT FIRE:		012 % [056] --

EL. WARFARE:		016 % [063] --
 SCANNER:		022 % [061] -
 DEFENSIVE:		011 % [056] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		010 % [063] --
 LEADERSHIP:		014 % [063] --
 BUSINESS:		066 % [066]
 SURVIVAL:		041 % [050]

Jock:		Charlene Smith aka Charlie

Size:		165 cm
 Salary:		3300 $ / month
 Titan:		Zealot [40.0 t]
 XP:		0 / 3800
 DP:		Pilot: 004 / Combat: 001 / Other: 001

Attributes:
 NEURAL SENSE:		10
 DEXTERITY:		14
 CHARISMA:		11

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		048 % [063]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		015 % [056] --
 ASSAULT:		010 % [056] --
 JUMP:			005 % [063] ---
 SCOUTING:		019 % [056] --

CLOSE COMBAT:		009 % [053] ---
 GUIDED MSL.:		015 % [058] --
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		011 % [063] --
 CANNON:			054 % [056]
 ENERGY WEAPON:		026 % [056] -
 INDIRECT FIRE:		010 % [056] --

EL. WARFARE:		011 % [058] --
 SCANNER:		021 % [056] -
 DEFENSIVE:		018 % [066] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		061 % [063]
 LEADERSHIP:		023 % [056] -
 BUSINESS:		018 % [058] --
 SURVIVAL:		026 % [053] -

with the addition of Charlene Smith aka Charlie, It looks like the Squad will be non-CC squad. I'll have to change tactics accordingly.

Fourth Battle.

Biochem terrain, 22 x 22.

Charlene Smith aka Charlie on a Zealot

The squad starts out at the Northwestern edge of the map. Looks like Red Rose managed a lucky Defensive Check to get additional heat dissipation. The squad moves out to some high hills with light cover. They lie in wait of the enemy... the game clock reaches 500 and still no sign of the enemy... looks like both sides are waiting for the other to make the first move. Crap. The squad decideds to regroup and move further south and try to traverse eastward together. They make it to the top of the mountain on the south eastern corner. Still no sign of the enemy, are they there at all? The squad moves to the mountain in the center of the map. They finally spot the enemy, waiting to ambush us in the northeastern section of the map. It's a cutthroat and a jackal.

The enemy being a long way off, the squad felt confident of a win. They decided to concentrate fire on the Cutthroat since it has that long ranged GC... Red Rose however, switched target to the Jackal as it moved two hexes ahead of the Cutthroat. The Jackal just kept on going. When it was only 4 hexes away, Charlie changes target to the jackal as well. Feisty maintained firing at the Cutthroat, he sees a red leg and hopes to take it out before the jackal reaches their hex.

No good, the jackal reaches the squad's hex and promptly gets into fisticuffs with Red Rose on the Dagger. Red Rose managed to bring several sections of the Jackal into Red but fails to take out any. Instead, Red Rose's Dagger is the first to lose a leg. Those PXs are nasty. Everyone is now shooting at the Jackal, even Red Rose though she's downed, until she lost her other torso, which probably had the BC in it as her accuracy dropped to 2%. Feisty is the next to lose a leg. Fortunately, before the Jackal could change targets, Charlie takes out the Jackal's LoT, effectively disabling it. All that's left is the Cutthroat.

Charlie decides to close in to take advantage of the GC's minimum range. Several shots are exchanged, but most are missed, fortunate for Charlie, however, Charlie doesn't have a lot of ammo left and soon runs out as she's running circles around the Cutthroat. With no decent CC skills, her only hope of winning is to charge into the Cutthroat and hopefully rip out its leg in the process or while falling... She missed a couple of charges, and when she finally lands one, the Cutthroat got hit in the head and fell down, but still maintained its ability to stand up.

As Charlie was trying to stand up and run around again to wait for her kick actuators to recycle for another charge, the Cutthroat gets up and takes out a leg with its PX and then takes out a torso.

the Thorny Rose Squad is Defeated.

On the bright side of things, everyone survives, and since noone ejected from their titans, they all get to keep them.

Rosalina Sirene gets promoted to Green.

Salary:		7772 $ / month
 Battles:	04 [Wins/Losses: 03/01]
 Hit ratio:	29 %
 XP:		3998 / 10800
 DP:		Pilot: 077 / Combat: 074 / Other: 097
 Leader:		Recruit rookie mod 48%

Salary:		2772 $ / month
 Battles:	04 [Wins/Losses: 03/01]
 Hit ratio:	40 %
 XP:		2979 / 3600
 DP:		Pilot: 016 / Combat: 019 / Other: 023
 Manager:	Purchase markup 04%

Salary:		3564 $ / month
 Battles:	01 [Wins/Losses: 00/01]
 Hit ratio:	32 %
 XP:		1764 / 3800
 DP:		Pilot: 048 / Combat: 043 / Other: 032

aquietfrog

Post by aquietfrog »

Fifth Battle

Charlene Smith aka Charlie on a Zealot

Savannah Map 22 x 22

Started in the east. Spotted the enemy right at the start. Red Rose IDs them as Sparrowhawk and Badger. The badger's engine was in its RT and the squad managed to bring the RT to red before it was anywhere near the hill they were crouching on. The Badger's jock fears for its life and ejects. The sparrowhawk follows. It takes a beating but manages to approach the hill. Two hexes away, the Squad decides to run down and meet it. Having spent DPs into their CC skill, the squad managed a decent Fisticuffs fight. Red Rose charged at the sparrowhawk and knocked it down along with her. Feisty tries a DFA but misses and crashes hard into the ground. The sparrowhawk didn't stand a chance, it lost its RT and LA, but still determined to fight it still got up and kicked and fired its PL. Charlie then charges into the hex knocking the sparrowhawk back into the ground. Feisty recycles his kicks and attempts a second DFA, succeeds this time around and sends the sparrowhawk sprawling back on the ground. Red Rose then finishes it by taking out the CBT and a leg.

Victory!

The squad salvages the Badger.
Feisty is promoted to Green.

Sixth Battle

Terran Map 22 x 22

Started in the south east. The entire eastern side was open fields so the squad decides to move northward towards some hills. Red Rose spots an enemy Recon in the middle of the map among some rolling hills, IDs it as a Gauntlet, then loses LoS. Later, she spots a Fist. What the, the enemy has a 20 ton advantage. On top of that, the squad is fighting their first Green rank battle. This could be tough. Good thing the Fist is still far behind and is located in the southwest section in difficult terrain. The squad will attempt to take out the isolated Gauntlet before they deal with the Fist. Come to think of it, Gauntlet and Fist... heh. Nice name combo.

The Gauntlet manages to close in but is quickly taken care of, the enemy jock ejects shortly after CC contact. Then comes the Fist. It shows off its fearsome TB. The first shot missed, but it was enough to scare the Squad into braking into a run. Red Rose receives a TB to the leg and crashes down. She finishes standing up and receives another TB to her Dagger's arm. It's ripped off but Red Rose manages to stay on her feet. The rest of the squad makes it safely down the mountain and rushes into some cover. Red Rose gets another TB in to the CBT, which is then disabled, but miraculously makes a 2/2 skill check! She completes her move and crashes(a 4/2 check, almost made it) into the next hex away from LoS. Red Rose thought of ejecting, since she's directly in the Fist's path, and a TB to the head would kill her in one go. However, she thought maybe the Fist would ignore her and go after her other squadmates. She decides to stay inside.

The Fist crosses her and ignores her. Red Rose was facing northeast when she fell down, and when the Fist moves into her hex, she starts firing her ML which was still functional. The Fist continues to ignore her. Meanwhile, Feisty and Charlie try to deal as much damage as they can before the Fist can close in. Two hexes away the Fist sets fire to the hex they were in. With poor heat regs, they skip firing their weapons and break into a run trying to dodge around the fist. Feisty stumbles and receives a TB to the CT. Ouch! Good thing The Engine's not there, but the GMH got damaged. Feisty gets up and starts running around the fist. Red Rose continously provides cover fire until the Fist moves out of her firing angle. Feisty and Charlie try to get some scans in while running into some cover again. As the Fist reenters Red Rose's firing angle, she manages to get a ML hit to its LoT. The Fist responds with a TB to her leg. Uh oh.

Charlie tries to take the Fist attention away from Red Rose by climbing up a high hill and reentering LoS. She fires a few shots at the Fist, and in turn, receives a TB to the CT. She's pretty much disabled now. Feisty now enters LoS and takes some shots at the Fist, and uses up all his AC4 ammo. The Fist continues to shoot at the Zealot until it loses a side torso. It's now moving around. Feisty cannot make out its maneuvre. He climbs down the mountain out of LoS and tries to get a good distance between them.

Feisty gets on a hill and fires GMH2's at the Fist while it approaches. Feisty manages to bring its LT to red. When the Fist gets within range for its TB, it fires and misses. Feisty attempts to run around the Fist and try to get it back into Red Rose's angle of fire for some cover fire. Unfortunately, he got a TB to the CT and is immobilized. Following what his squadmates did, he does not eject and sits back to see what fate awaits him. He losses a Leg but his titan is still consider able. The Fist closes in and puts a TB into Feisty's Head.

Defeat...

Charlie is promoted to Green.

Seventh Battle.

Terran Map 22 x 22

Frustrated with the previous loss, 2 new jocks are hired.

Rosalina Sirene aka Red Rose on a Quantum - Human Leader
Charlene Smith aka Charile on a Zealot - Replicant D Mechanic
Tanya Molotov aka Molotov on a Dagger - Replicant I Manager
Michael Fodd aka Fodder on a Badger - Cyborg

Great, another battle with a weight handicap. The squad immediately spots the enemy right across the northern edge of the map. It's a Morningstar and an unidentified Recon. That totals to 180 tons to my 160... The Squad decides to fall back into the south where there's open space in between hills. Red Rose decides to stay behind to try to get a yellow scan on the Morninstar. Molotov IDs the Recon as a Thorn. Red Rose gets a yellow scan and moves back as well. Molotov gets a yellow scan on the Thorn before she loses LoS.

Fodder stops under some cover when the Thorn gets within his indirect LoS... but decides to move back since Red just spotted the Morningstar. It's moving faster than the squad thought. Charlie reaches the hills first, turns and crouches in preparation for dealing with the Thorn. As the Squad reach their positions, they open fire on the Thorn and it loses its LoT before it gets even 5 hexes near the squad. Everyone switches to the Morningstar. Now comes the hard part. Hopefully, the situation here won't be as bad as the previous battle since the squad has two hard hitters: the CLG and the BRG. The Morningstar doesn't have a shield either so there's hope for this one (The AI is using Sleeping Dragon's Modified Morningstar so I'm not getting too optimistic)...

Fodder's BRG sends the morningstar crashing down. Red Rose tries to follow up with the CLG but misses, fortunately while everyone was recycling their weapons or making their scans, the morningstar stumbles on its own. The handling penalty is giving problems to the Green Jock in it, hehe... The next few shots miss. With a stroke of luck, Charlie manages to damage the Morningstar's Engine with the Zealots HMG... More missed Shots then a CLG to the LoT knocks the Morningstar down again. After some more missed shots, the Morningstar gets up and starts closing in. Its got a red LT but its now firing its Teslas... Another HMG shot damages the Hip actuator and knocks the Morningstar down again. Fodder's BRG shots keep him stumbling down. Varied shots keep the Morningstar from getting up. Charlie runs out of ammo and decides to move a bit closer just in case they need to get into HtH. There was no need however, as the squad then takes out the LT and a Leg on the Morningstar. The jock in the thorn ejects (died in the ejection).

VICTORY!

Thorny Rose Squad gets the Thorn as salvaged Titan. Nice

Salvage : 0
Bounty : 14000
Payment : 141666
Upkeep : 35125
Balance : 120541
Total : 509542

Repairs made were done on the Thorn alone.

After DP allocation, the Thorny Rose squad now looks like this:

Salary:		8576 $ / month
 Battles:	07 [Wins/Losses: 05/02]
 Hit ratio:	33 %
 XP:		7445 / 10800
 DP:		Pilot: 024 / Combat: 029 / Other: 030
 Leader:		Recruit rookie mod 48%

Attributes:
 DEXTERITY:		11

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		055 % [055]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		017 % [058] --
 ASSAULT:		031 % [058] 
 JUMP:			014 % [055] --
 SCOUTING:		050 % [060]

CLOSE COMBAT:		054 % [058]
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		015 % [055] --
 CANNON:			021 % [055] -

SCANNER:		060 % [060]
 DEFENSIVE:		026 % [056] -
 DMG. CONTROL:		005 % [058] ---
 SURVIVAL:		050 % [056]
 MEDICAL:		011 % [058] --

Salary:		7656 $ / month
 Battles:	04 [Wins/Losses: 02/02]
 Hit ratio:	39 %
 XP:		5264 / 11600
 DP:		Pilot: 000 / Combat: 038 / Other: 024
 Mechanic:	Repair markup 07%

Attributes:

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		055 % [063]
 JUMP:			005 % [063] ---
 SCOUTING:		048 % [056]

CLOSE COMBAT:		050 % [053]
 GUIDED MSL.:		015 % [058] --
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		011 % [063] --
 CANNON:			056 % [056]
 ENERGY WEAPON:		026 % [056] -
 INDIRECT FIRE:		010 % [056] --

EL. WARFARE:		011 % [058] --
 SCANNER:		030 % [056] 
 DEFENSIVE:		018 % [066] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		063 % [063]
 LEADERSHIP:		023 % [056] -
 BUSINESS:		018 % [058] --
 SURVIVAL:		051 % [053]

Jock:		Tanya Molotov aka Molotov

Race:		REPLICANT I [FEMALE]
 Size:		156 cm
 Weight:		52 kg
 Salary:		2430 $ / month
 Battles:	01 [Wins/Losses: 01/00]
 Hit ratio:	42 %
 XP:		931 / 3600
 DP:		Pilot: 000 / Combat: 001 / Other: 000
 Manager:	Purchase markup 10%

Attributes:
 INTELLIGENCE:		13
 CONSTITUTION:		11		HP: 99

Skills:
 ASSAULT:		021 % [051] -
 JUMP:			007 % [055] ---
 SCOUTING:		034 % [055] 

CLOSE COMBAT:		040 % [051]
 GUIDED MSL.:		007 % [060] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		014 % [055] --
 CANNON:			037 % [055] 
 INDIRECT FIRE:		028 % [055] -

EL. WARFARE:		016 % [060] --
 SCANNER:		040 % [060]
 DEFENSIVE:		031 % [058] 
 DMG. CONTROL:		032 % [061] 
 LEADERSHIP:		005 % [061] ---
 BUSINESS:		060 % [063]
 SURVIVAL:		039 % [051] 
 MEDICAL:		007 % [061] ---

Jock:		Michael Fodd aka Fodder

Race:		CYBORG [MALE]
 Size:		190 cm
 Weight:		105 kg
 Salary:		3429 $ / month
 Titan:		Badger [40.0 t]
 Hit ratio:	37 %
 XP:		646 / 4400
 DP:		Pilot: 098 / Combat: 000 / Other: 004

Attributes:
 INTELLIGENCE:		10
 CONSTITUTION:		13		HP: 117
 CHARISMA:		08

Skills:
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		003 % [046] ---
 ASSAULT:		019 % [046] --
 JUMP:			007 % [051] ---
 SCOUTING:		050 % [050]

CLOSE COMBAT:		038 % [051] 
 GUIDED MSL.:		010 % [050] --
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		025 % [051] -
 CANNON:			053 % [053]
 ENERGY WEAPON:		053 % [053]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		015 % [050] --

EL. WARFARE:		040 % [050]
 SCANNER:		048 % [048]
 DEFENSIVE:		016 % [050] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		025 % [050] -
 LEADERSHIP:		010 % [043] --
 BUSINESS:		023 % [046] -
 SURVIVAL:		055 % [055]
 MEDICAL:		014 % [050] --

LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Keep on those nice AARs ! I love to read all three rookie campaigns. I hope Matrixgames isn't delaying v1.2 too long as it will make those battles even more interesting. AI will be tweaked and offer draws earlier on rookie/green. AI titan selection will be better and you won't face medium/heavy at rookie at all.
aquietfrog

Post by aquietfrog »

Eighth Battle

Rosalina Sirene AKA Red Rose on Quantum, Green
Charlene Smith AKA Charlie on Zealot, Green
Tanya Molotov AKA Molotov on Dagger, Rookie
Michael Fodd AKA Fodder on Badger, Rookie.

Savannah Map 22 x 22, against Tracker (Medium) and Attila (Light).

Both enemy Titans were defeated at 3-4 hex range stand off.

The Thorny Rose Squad is Victorious!

Attila annihilated! Tracker disabled and salvaged.

Ninth Battle

Polar Map 22 x 22, against Fire Giant (Heavy with a Regular Rank Jock) and Lancer (Recon).

The Lancer charged in alone and was quickly disemboweled by the pack. The squad then ran around some hills to get closer to the Fire Giant and block LoS while they're at it. Everyone charged and took turns running around for another charge and standing ground to go HtH with the Fire Giant.

Lancer Engine Destroyed. Fire Giant disabled. No titan was salvaged.

Tenth Battle

Terran Map 22 x 22, against Guru(Recon), Tantrum(Recon), Slugger (Light)

Charlie and Molotov climb up a hill with light cover to bait in the enemy. Red Rose and Fodder waited behind hill closer to the enemies' location. Guru and Tantrum came charging through open field received potshots from the Charlie's Zealot and some minor annoyance from Molotov's Dagger. Red Rose and Fodder ambushed them when they came into view. Tantrum lost its LoT, target moved on to Guru who was then charged by Fodder. Guru was disabled shortly and the Slugger came into the same hex. The squad then ganged on the Slugger who was hit with everything, lasers, acs, CLG, BRG, unfortunately someone put a good shot into the CBT which made the Engine explode, right under the entire squad. Everyone receives 37 damage. Two jocks were bleeding, but one managed to stop bleeding before the Tantrum's pilot ejected.

Molotov is Promoted to Green.

Slugger is annihilated. Guru is disabled. Tantrum only lost its LoT but the enemy jock ejected. Tantrum is salvaged being the only titan not in the same hex as the explosion.

Eleventh Battle

Tanya Molotov AKA Molotov on Dagger, Green

Biochem Map 22 x 22, against Exhuminator (Light), Guru (Recon), Rogue (Recon)

The Exhuminator has LRMs so the squad decides to hide in some covered pit behind a hill and try to ambush instead. The ambush didn't go so well and they were still in the Exhuminator's LoS. The Squad dispatched the Rogue and the Guru as fast as they could. Red Rose's Quantum was the first to be disabled, however she managed to hit with her CLG despite not having a BC... The remaining able titans move out to rush the Exhuminator. Charlie, Molotov and Fodder move in different directions hoping to confuse the enemy. True to his callsign, Fodder took the brunt of the Exhuminator's salvos and was disabled after moving two hexes. This was good enough since both Charlie and Molotov were able to move out of the Exhuminator's LoS. Charlie flanks the Exhuminator who was walking backward, while Molotov positions herself to charge from behind in case Charlie doesn't have a good chance at a charge. Charlie doesn't charge (only 26% chance) but instead opens up with everything and the Exhuminator falls down. Molotov moves into the hex and they beat up the Exhuminator until its engine explodes. Charlie and Molotov didn't suffer any serious injuries, just stunned a bit shaken. That's three Light titans that went boom now...

Rosalina Sirene AKA Red Rose is promoted to Novice.

Exhuminator was annihilated. Rogue was disabled. Guru was salvaged.

Twelfth Battle

Rosalina Sirene AKA Red Rose on Quantum, Novice
Tanya Molotov AKA Molotov on Guru, Green

Having acquired some decent scanning skills, Molotov moves up to the Guru and hopes to deliver lots of damage.

Polar Map 22 x 22, against Shredder (Light), Jackal (Recon), Pest (Recon).

CC titans! Crap. The Squad spots the enemy Pest only 3 hexes away, the Jackal and Shredder were 5 hexes away. The enemy is in heavy cover. The squad decides to move back. Only Fodder manages not to stumble upon breaking move. Charlie on the Zealot got heavily damaged but didn't get any critical damage. She was the only one in LoS and took forever to get down from that hill... The Squad move into some heavy cover and wait for the enemy to approach. The Pest pops up and after some scans, receives a CLG to the head from Red Rose's Quantum, followed by an AC4 to the head also from Charlie's Zealot. Molotov's green active scan reports an estimate of 6 AP left in the head. The Pest's jock ejects. Everyone shifts target to the Jackal. Those nasty Power Axes just have to go. At 6 hexes away, Charlie damages one PX with a HMG shot. The Jackal stops for some reason, the Shredder moves in closer. The squad shifts their attention to the Shredder that's closing in pretty fast. Molotov sneaks in a TB to the LoT at 14% chance to hit!!! the Shredder goes down and soon loses its LoT. The Jackal springs into action again, by now the entire squad has locked on to him. The jackal doesn't even get as far as the Shredder did and got shot down. However, LoS is lost and the enemy aren't ejecting. The squad moves in for the clean up. The jackal is disabled and the jock in the Shredder ejects.

Fodder is promoted to Green!

Pest was in functional condition except a heavily damaged head. Jackal was disabled. Shredder lost it LoT and was salvaged by the Thorny Rose squad.

Sweet. First Light Titan Acquired.

Thirteenth Battle

Rosalina Sirene AKA Red Rose on Quantum, Novice
Tanya Molotov AKA Molotov on Guru, Green
Michael Fodd AKA Fodder on Badger, Green.

Savannah Map 22 x 22, against Unicorn (Recon), Slugger (Light), Mangler (Light).

A stream cuts through the map, so the squad sticks together in case of an airdrop. A unicorn is spotted on our side of the Stream. The rest of the enemy can't be far behind. A Slugger is spotted on the opposite side. The squad moves behind some hills for cover. The squad hears a faint crashing noise. Sounds like the slugger fell in the river. They spot the Unicorn again, this time it's only 3 hexes away. Time to charge in. The squad then spots a Mangler four hexes behind the Unicorn. Red Rose gets the first punches and kicks in, then Charlie charges the Unicorn and falls down losing AC4 Ammo in the process. The Unicorn stays up. Fodder then charges the Unicorn as well. Both go down. The Unicorn loses both arms and its LoT. The Thorny Rose Squad then rushes through heavy cover towards the Mangler. Fodder sets its hex on fire with a missed BRG shot. It moves into the next hex where the squad meets it, gets a few shots in. It had a shield on but a TB overloads it. Then another missed BRG sets the hex on fire. The squad moves out of the hex going southeast. The mangler ran west. They cool down and wait for the enemy to reappear in their scanners. The mangler pops up in a non-burning woods and the squad charges in. After some good shots, the Mangler is disabled and the squad moves on to the Slugger, which was only in the next hex. A CLG brings it down and a TB takes out the CT (it must have fallen on it a lot in the river). The Slugger's jock ejects (died in the process, too).

Unicorn is disabled. Slugger had no CT. Mangler was salvaged.

The squad has reached the maximum number of Titans the Mechanic can handle so they decide to start selling off a few of them.

Tracker was sold. It was a medium and no one specializes in GM's (Feisty is sorely missed).
Sleeping_Dragon

Post by Sleeping_Dragon »

Red Rose to Novice congrates!

I think your squad just likes to see kinds things to go KABOOM![:D]

Love reading these, keep up the good work!

BTW. While Molotov was on the Dagger, did you find the scanner5 useful?
Power does not corrupt; It merely attracts the corruptable.

AKA: Bblue
aquietfrog

Post by aquietfrog »

The Dagger is great for newbies. Short active scan time and more successfully made. It's great for earning a few quick DPs just to get rookies started. In later battles, it's useful for Identifying foes at long range, better prioritization and tactical decisions.
aquietfrog

Post by aquietfrog »

The Thorny Rose Titan-AT Squad.

Fourteenth Battle.

Rosalina Sirene aka Red Rose on a Mangler.
Charlene Smith aka Charlie on a Shredder.
Tanya Molotov aka Molotov on a Guru.
Michael Fodd aka Fodder on a Badger.

Mangler.
Light class Titan-AT, 70 tons.
1x E. M. Pulser (EMP), temporarily shuts down systems that it hits
1x Medium Laser (ML) 6 points of damage, 9 hex range.
1x Chainsaw (CS), 15 points of damange, close combat weapon.
1x Vibra Claw (VC), 5 points of damage external armor + 5 points internal

Shredder
Light class Titan-AT, 70 tons.
1x Auto Cannon 7 (AC7)
1x Heavy Meson Gun (HMG)
1x Machine Gun (MG)
1x Vibra Claw (VC)

Guru
Recon class Titan-AT, 40 tons.
1x Tesla Bolt (TB): 25 points of damage. 5 hex range.
2x Machine Gun (MG), 25 rounds

Badger
Recon class Titan-AT, 40 tons.
1x Black Ray Gun (BRG)
2x Machine Gun, 25 rounds

Terran Map 22 x 22 hexes, against: Frostbite (Light), Hitman (Medium), Fang (Recon)

The squad starts out in the northwestern section of the map. Recons limit their movement to walk rather than run so that the Light Titans can keep up. Charlie on the Shredder climbs up a hill and momentarily spots a Medium class Titan. She failed to identify it. Later a Light class Titan pops into view as well. She identifies it as Frostbite. I am not sure what a Frostbite carries but I'm assuming it carries a Cold Light Gun(CLG) and perhaps some Close Combat (CC) Weapons. Charlie jumps up and spots the Medium titan again. She IDs it as a hitman. She also spots and IDs a recon Fang. Charlie gets shot by the Fang using its 70mm Auto Cannon (AC7). Charlie is hit on her Shredder's Left Leg, fails a skill check and crashes to the ground. It's no surprise really, as she has 22% piloting skill in Jumping, and her chance to pass the skill check was 2%. Charlie gets up and runs instead.

The squad regroups at the hex east of where Charlie fell and spot the Fang only 2 hexes(660 m) away. The squad closes in. When they're all in the same hex, the Fang is met by Red Rose's Chainsaw. It falls down and soon the Fang's jock wouldn't know what hit him as it gets pounded on by the entire squad. Its right leg is ripped off. The squad takes their time practicing their ability to active scan on the downed enemy. Not wanting to risk an engine explosion. No heavy weapons are fired (e.g. the Tesla Bolt). With a MG hit to the head, it doesn't take long for the enemy jock to eject.

Meanwhile the Hitman pops into view. They meet it in Close Combat and start beating it up. However, a stray TB shot sets the woods in the hex on fire and the squad is forced to move out. The Hitman is down so it couldn't get out so easily. As the squad manages to move out of the burning woods, they turn around and start shooting at the back of the Hitman that is running in the opposite direction. A few hits and its central back torso(CBT) is disabled. The CBT houses a gyro, so that would for a skill check and limit movement when disabled. That hitman will be staying in that fire for the remainder of the battle. I'm not sure how good a Hitman's heat regulation is but the squad moves away just in case it gets too hot and explodes.

The Frostbite conveniently pops into view and the squad moves towards its new target. It targets Red Rose on the Mangler and gets hit by a CLG and a Black Ray Gun(BRG). The damage that a BRG hit causes instability and forces a skill check. Red Rose makes the skill check and continues to run toward the Frostbite. This is a curious titan, and Red Rose takes particular interest on it. It seems the Frostbite is afraid of Molotov's Guru's TB and retargets. Molotov gets a damaged knee actuator and stumbles. The rest of the squad dashes toward the Frostbite. Fodder charges the Frostbite but fails to knock it over. Fodder falls to the ground. The Frostbite retargets to Fodder and fires everything at him. Fodder's Badger suffers serious damage and tries to retaliate with its MGs before getting back up. Charlie misses her charge at the Frostbite but gets a Vibra Claw hit on the Frostbite's CT, damaging its engine in the process. This is a vital strike since the Frostbite is an Energy weapons titan and a damaged Engine will significantly slow down weapon recharge. Fodder finishes getting up and throws a few shots in. The Frostbite responds with a CLG to Fodder's Badger's Right Torso. The Engine is destroyed, but luckily doesn't blow up. The Frostbite, Charlie and Red Rose take turns knocking each other down until Molotov reaches the hex and puts a TB to the Frostbite's Right Leg. The leg is ripped off and the Frostbite goes down. It doesn't give up however and still fires a CLG at Charlie and the Shredder goes down as well. The squad shoots at it some more until it loses its other Leg. This won't consider the titan as disabled, however having lost the heat regulators in both legs, this will limit the number of times the Frostbite can shoot without going into critical heat.

The enemy jocks don't eject, so the squad decides to make a few measures so that they can salvage the Frostbite rather than the Hitman. The squad doesn't want to go into Mediums just yet and prefer to take Light Class Titans at the moment. The guru moves back into the Hitman's hex and places a few Tesla Bolt hits and then every other part of the Hitman is destroyed. The jock in the Frostbite gives up and eject.

Victory!

The Frostbite is salvaged. It's armed with a CLG and a BRG. Interesting combination.

Charlie is promoted to Novice. The squad is now considered a Novice squad.

Fifteenth Battle. The First Novice Battle, plus the Squad now totals 249.9 tons They might be facing Assaults soon.

Rosalina Sirene aka Red Rose on a Frostbite.
Charlene Smith aka Charlie on a Shredder.
Tanya Molotov aka Molotov on a Guru.
Michael Fodd aka Fodder on a Mangler.

Core Map 22 x 22, against: Phobos (Medium), Revolver (Light), Dragonfly (Recon), Pack Hunter (Recon)

It has been a while since the Thorny Rose squad fought in a core map. Charlie managed to pass a defensive skill check earning her some heat dissipation bonus. Hopefully their new titans won't overheat as badly as they did in their early battles. There's lots of open clearings in their view of the field. The squad moves towards some heavy cover in a depression just a few hexes from some hills.

As they were waiting for the enemy to approach, a medium titan is spotted flying across a lava stream. A medium titan rules out the possibility of an assault, but wait... A lava STREAM! What if... before the squad could even ask the possibility, an Air Drop is detected behind them. A revolver and a dragonfly. The Squad turns their attention towards the airdrop team. Molotov on the Guru runs ahead first hoping to get a better chance for a shot with her Tesla Bolt. She suffers a hit to the leg from the Revolver's barage and stumbles. However, she gets up immediately and the rest of the squad follows. Red Rose however, stays in cover to provide cover fire and also to act as a buffer for when the Medium gets in range. Just then another titan pops up, it's a recon who's coming from the same direction as the medium now Identified as a Phobos. The recon is a pack hunter. A pack hunter carries a GME rack, which is a weapon that seeks out energy emissions. Red Rose's Frost Bite is an energy-weapons based titan so she would be easy to hit. She turns her attention to this recon and hopes to take it out before it reaches her hex. Meanwhile Molotov lost her RT while fighting against the Revolver. Fodder moves in to her aid and delivers massive damage with his Mangler's CC weapons. The Revolver's Head got heavily damaged from Fodder's attack and its pilot ejects. Unfortunately, although Red Rose managed to damage the Pack Hunter after it entered her hex, the Phobos also arrives at Red Rose's hex and deliver Vibra Claws to her CT, heavily damaging her engine. Not good. Red Rose ejects safely.

Fodder Charges toward the downed Pack Hunter. The Phobos tries to attack him but misses with its shots. It then flies over towards Charlie who was also flying toward the Phobos. As the Phobos drew near, Molotov who was waiting for a good shot lands a TB on the Phobos but doesn't knock it down. The enemy phobos lands first and Charlie lands in the same hex after a few seconds. She successfully lands a DfA on the Phobos and knocks both titans to the ground. Fodder then rips off a leg from the Pack Hunter and turns towards the Phobos. Charlie who was fighting with the Phobos was overheating and it didn't help that the Phobos also carried Flame Throwers. She trieds to move out of the hex and succeeds. However, she wasn't able to avoid enough ammo explosions and soon the heat build up is too much and Charlie's Shredder is shut down. Fodder moves in to help but as soon as the Phobos's Flame Throwers hit Fodder's shields, he starts overheating, too. Fodder moves out of the hex and the Phobos turns its attention towards Molotov.

Molotov waits for the Phobos to close in and tries to nail it with her Tesla Bolt. Unfortunately she misses. The Phobos then strikes her down and destroys the CBT which houses the engine on Molotov's Guru. The engine doesn't explode - Lucky break! By now Fodder has moved back into cover and has cooled down. He will try to damage the Phobos with his measly Medium Laser and try to tempt the Phobos into wasting its Flame Thrower Ammo. After a bit of running around, Fodder succeeds at getting a yellow scan! From previous attempts, it said the chance of getting a yellow scan was only 18%. Nice work. The Phobos then reaches Fodder's hex and after a quick exchange of Close Combat weapons, Fodder misses with every and gets a Vibra Claw to the Head damaging his Life Support. Fodder 36 Health Points! Fodder then breaks into a run and tries to repair his Life Support with the Damage Control System that the Mangler carried. He then successfully repairs his Life Support passing a 10% skill check! Lucky break again!

To recover for a while, Fodder decides to run around away from the Phobos. The Phobos tries to chase him but having a heavier Titan, it just lags behind. After a long time of hiding. Fodder fully recovers and sets out to finish the battle. He maintains his distance because although he is riding a CC titan, the Phobos is also a CC titan but has only the E.M. Pulser for a long Range Weapon. Fodder has a Medium Laser and an E.M. Pulser. This will take a long time to finish, but it's better than defeat. Charlie who is sitting pretty in her disabled titan tries to earn a few more experience by endlessly attempting to active scan the Phobos. Fodder manages to hit the engine of the Phobos with his E.M. Pulser and the Phobos shuts down. Both Jocks take advantage of the shut down titan and Charlie manages to get green Active Scan on it seeing clearly what Fodder is facing against. Fodder fails to get a green scan but thanks to Charlie's help he has a better idea what to do.

An EMP to the Phobos' Hip actuator makes it fall down and Fodder manages to hit its Central Back Torso with his Medium Laser. Its CBT is now in red. Later he succeeds in getting a Green Active Scan as well. The Phobos is getting closer so Fodder starts to move out. Fodder's Battle Computer and Damage Control System gets hit by the Phobos' EMP in two succeeding shots. The damage done to both systems will significantly reduce Fodder's accuracy since it would take longer to repair. Fodder runs away and after several attempts, manages to repair the Battle Computer successfully at 17% chance. After much running around and hiding again. Fodder manages to knock down the Phobos with an Medium Laser to its leg. The Phobos falls on its back and its CBT is destroyed! Very lucky, this will limit its movement. Still, Fodder tries to be careful and stays 2 hexes away and fires his medium laser to slowly wear away the Phobos. After heavily damaging the Phobos' CT, its jock ejects. The enemy offers a draw. No way, I'm clearly winning this one. Later, the Pack Hunter's jock ejects.

The battle ends a few seconds short of 4000 game seconds.

The Thorny Rose Squad is victorious!

The Phobos is salvaged. To make room for new titans, the Dagger is sold.

The Thorny Rose Squad now looks like this:

Salary:		14204 $ / month
 Titan:		Frostbite [70.0 t]
 Battles:	15 [Wins/Losses: 13/02]
 Hit ratio:	37 %
 Kills:		1
 XP:		15583 / 21600
 DP:		Pilot: 008 / Combat: 014 / Other: 053
 Leader:		Recruit rookie mod 54%

Attributes:
 REACTION:		13
 DEXTERITY:		12
 CHARISMA:		14

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		060 % [061]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		017 % [060] --
 ASSAULT:		031 % [060] 
 JUMP:			030 % [061] 
 SCOUTING:		060 % [060]

CLOSE COMBAT:		060 % [061]
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		015 % [061] --
 CANNON:			021 % [063] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		061 % [063]

DEFENSIVE:		026 % [060] -
 DMG. CONTROL:		005 % [060] ---
 LEADERSHIP:		066 % [066]
 BUSINESS:		016 % [063] --
 SURVIVAL:		058 % [058]
 MEDICAL:		011 % [060] --

Salary:		13332 $ / month
 Titan:		Shredder [70.0 t]
 Battles:	12 [Wins/Losses: 10/02]
 Hit ratio:	49 %
 Kills:		2
 XP:		15906 / 23400
 DP:		Pilot: 069 / Combat: 114 / Other: 163
 Mechanic:	No repair mod

Attributes:

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		055 % [065]
 JUMP:			038 % [065] 
 SCOUTING:		050 % [060]

CLOSE COMBAT:		055 % [055]
 GUIDED MSL.:		015 % [065] --
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		011 % [065] --
 CANNON:			060 % [060]
 ENERGY WEAPON:		026 % [060] -
 INDIRECT FIRE:		010 % [060] --

EL. WARFARE:		011 % [065] --
 SCANNER:		037 % [063] 
 DEFENSIVE:		018 % [070] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		070 % [070] +
 LEADERSHIP:		023 % [060] -
 BUSINESS:		018 % [065] --
 SURVIVAL:		051 % [053]
 MEDICAL:		010 % [070] --

Jock:		Tanya Molotov aka Molotov

Size:		156 cm
 Weight:		52 kg
 Salary:		5950 $ / month
 Titan:		Guru [40.0 t]
 Battles:	09 [Wins/Losses: 09/00]
 Kills:		2
 XP:		10416 / 10800
 DP:		Pilot: 170 / Combat: 040 / Other: 081

Attributes:

Skills:
 ASSAULT:		021 % [051] -
 JUMP:			007 % [055] ---
 SCOUTING:		055 % [055]

CLOSE COMBAT:		051 % [051]
 GUIDED MSL.:		007 % [060] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		014 % [055] --
 CANNON:			055 % [055]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		028 % [055] -

EL. WARFARE:		016 % [060] --
 DEFENSIVE:		031 % [058] 
 DMG. CONTROL:		032 % [061] 
 LEADERSHIP:		005 % [065] ---
 BUSINESS:		065 % [065]
 SURVIVAL:		050 % [051]
 MEDICAL:		007 % [061] ---

Salary:		8763 $ / month
 Titan:		Mangler [70.0 t]
 Battles:	09 [Wins/Losses: 09/00]
 XP:		10935 / 12400
 DP:		Pilot: 080 / Combat: 053 / Other: 144

Attributes:
 CHARISMA:		09

Skills:
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		003 % [051] ---
 ASSAULT:		019 % [051] --
 JUMP:			055 % [055]
 SCOUTING:		053 % [053]

CLOSE COMBAT:		053 % [055]
 GUIDED MSL.:		010 % [051] --
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		025 % [055] -
 CANNON:			055 % [055]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		015 % [053] --

EL. WARFARE:		050 % [051]
 SCANNER:		050 % [050]
 DEFENSIVE:		016 % [053] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		025 % [051] -
 LEADERSHIP:		010 % [046] --
 BUSINESS:		023 % [048] -
 MEDICAL:		014 % [051] --

aquietfrog

Post by aquietfrog »

Sixteenth Battle.

Rosalina Sirene aka Red Rose on a Frostbite
Charlene Smith aka Charlie on a Shredder
Tanya Molotov aka Molotov on a Guru

Terran Map 22 x 22, against a Blizzard (Medium Titan) and a Blaze (Heavy Titan)

For 500 seconds nothing happened and then it was an ambush! Everything happened so fast I can't remember the details but Fodder went down, got shut down due to heat, then the heat regs were destroyed. Molotov lost all her titan's limbs. Charlene was on the brink of overheating and ejected, failed but survived. Then Red Rose lost a leg. Then the Blaze's jock ejected, I'm assuming he was hurt bad when someone hit his titan's Head. Then the enemy offered a draw.

The Thorny Rose Squad thought they were finished.

Molotov is promoted to Novice

Seventeenth Battle

Polar Map 22 x 22, against Tribesman(Heavy), Pharaoh (Light), Mercury (Recon)

Red Rose and Charlie team up against Tribesman to keep it down and prevent it from causing major damage. Fodder and Molotov took care of the Pharaoh. The Mercury was ignored for most of the battle until both heavier titans were disabled. The Squad then bears down on the mercury.

Eighteenth Battle

Core Map 22 x 22 against Thor (Light), Pariah (Medium), Poltergeist (Light)

Everyone except Fodder got defensive bonus for heat regulation. The squad moved up some hills with cover. The enemy moved in to attack one at a time making it terribly easy for the squad to take them out one at a time. The Pariah and the Thor were beheaded.

Fodder is promoted to Novice.

Nineteenth Battle

Core Map 22 x 22 against a Fist (Medium), Ballista (Heavy)

There must be trouble brewing in this hot planet as the squad faces another battle in a Core map. The squad slowly moves forward so that Charlie, who had problems with heat while running, could keep up. Red Rose is the first to spot the enemy, a Fist. Red Rose remembers well how Feisty died in the hands of a Fist (pun?). Red Rose would very much like to avenge her late squadmate but then the Fist runs past her and she runs too far forward and spots a Ballista. She turns her attention toward the newly spotted enemy and lets Fodder and the rest of the squad take care of it. Charlie, who's still walking towards the battle would avenge Feisty even though she knew him only for a short time. The rest of the squad pound on the Fist, but they were unable to keep it down. It managed to place a TB to Molotov's head and it was instantly ripped off. Enraged, Charlie and Fodder ignore their heat levels and throw everything at the Fist. The fist's CT is destroyed. Fodder would've gone on pounding on the fist if Charlie didn't remind Fodder that there was still a ballista and Red Rose was facing it alone.

Red Rose had the Ballista down on the ground. The BRG's instability effect plus the Ballista's difficult handling make it hard for the enemy to stay up. It tries to run away but is decimated from the group pounding it received from the remaining squad.

Victory...

After the loss of yet another jock due to a Tesla Bolt to the head, Red Rose hires another two new jocks to strengthen the Squad. Someone also has to manage the business matters of the Squad.

Juana Dela Cruz aka Jane. Female Human. She has good energy weapon skill and gets to pilot the Guru.
Murasaki Shinji aka Solomon. Male Cyborg. He has good Cannon and decent UGM weapon skills and gets to pilot the Tantrum.

The squad now looks like this:

Salary:		15276 $ / month
 Battles:	19 [Wins/Losses: 17/02]
 Hit ratio:	40 %
 XP:		19961 / 21000
 DP:		Pilot: 036 / Combat: 051 / Other: 092
 Leader:		Recruit rookie mod 56%

Attributes:
 CHARISMA:		15

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		060 % [061]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		017 % [060] --
 ASSAULT:		031 % [060] 
 JUMP:			035 % [061] 
 SCOUTING:		060 % [060]

CLOSE COMBAT:		060 % [061]
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		015 % [061] --
 CANNON:			021 % [063] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		061 % [063]

DEFENSIVE:		026 % [060] -
 DMG. CONTROL:		005 % [060] ---
 LEADERSHIP:		070 % [070] +
 BUSINESS:		016 % [065] --
 MEDICAL:		011 % [060] --

Salary:		14520 $ / month
 Titan:		Shredder [70.0 t]
 Battles:	16 [Wins/Losses: 14/02]
 Hit ratio:	53 %
 Kills:		3
 XP:		20310 / 23400
 DP:		Pilot: 012 / Combat: 107 / Other: 012
 Mechanic:	Repair discount 01%

Attributes:
 DEXTERITY:		15

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		060 % [068]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		015 % [058] --
 ASSAULT:		010 % [058] --
 JUMP:			051 % [068]
 SCOUTING:		051 % [060]

CLOSE COMBAT:		055 % [055]
 GUIDED MSL.:		015 % [065] --
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		011 % [068] --
 CANNON:			061 % [061]
 ENERGY WEAPON:		026 % [061] -
 INDIRECT FIRE:		010 % [060] --

EL. WARFARE:		011 % [065] --
 SCANNER:		060 % [063]
 DEFENSIVE:		018 % [073] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		071 % [071] +
 LEADERSHIP:		023 % [060] -
 BUSINESS:		018 % [065] --
 SURVIVAL:		053 % [055]
 MEDICAL:		010 % [071] --

Salary:		13208 $ / month
 Titan:		Mangler [70.0 t]
 Battles:	13 [Wins/Losses: 13/00]
 Hit ratio:	44 %
 XP:		15426 / 24600
 DP:		Pilot: 069 / Combat: 023 / Other: 084

Attributes:
 REACTION:		12

Skills:
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		003 % [053] ---
 ASSAULT:		019 % [053] --
 JUMP:			060 % [060]
 SCOUTING:		056 % [056]

CLOSE COMBAT:		060 % [060]
 GUIDED MSL.:		010 % [053] --
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		025 % [060] -
 CANNON:			055 % [060]
 ENERGY WEAPON:		060 % [060]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		015 % [056] --

EL. WARFARE:		053 % [053]
 DEFENSIVE:		016 % [056] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		053 % [053]
 LEADERSHIP:		010 % [046] --
 BUSINESS:		023 % [048] -
 SURVIVAL:		060 % [061]
 MEDICAL:		014 % [053] --

Jock:		Juana Dela Cruz aka Jane

Size:		158 cm
 Weight:		48 kg
 Salary:		2375 $ / month
 XP:		0 / 3600
 DP:		Pilot: 016 / Combat: 016 / Other: 014
 Manager:	Purchase markup 15%

Attributes:
 INSTINCT:		13

Skills:
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		011 % [058] --
 ASSAULT:		012 % [058] --
 JUMP:			036 % [055] 
 SCOUTING:		030 % [063] 

CLOSE COMBAT:		050 % [061]
 GUIDED MSL.:		027 % [061] -
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		021 % [055] -
 CANNON:			022 % [055] -
 INDIRECT FIRE:		032 % [063] 

EL. WARFARE:		001 % [061] ---
 SCANNER:		031 % [060] 
 DEFENSIVE:		010 % [056] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		006 % [058] ---
 LEADERSHIP:		006 % [060] ---
 BUSINESS:		055 % [060]
 SURVIVAL:		024 % [061] -
 MEDICAL:		005 % [058] ---

Jock:		Murasaki Shinji aka Solomon

Size:		171 cm
 Weight:		89 kg
 Salary:		2750 $ / month
 Titan:		Tantrum [40.0 t]
 XP:		0 / 4200
 DP:		Pilot: 000 / Combat: 002 / Other: 002

Attributes:
 CONSTITUTION:		12		HP: 108

Skills:
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		029 % [053] -
 ASSAULT:		010 % [053] --
 JUMP:			013 % [060] --
 SCOUTING:		040 % [053]

CLOSE COMBAT:		018 % [056] --
 GUIDED MSL.:		023 % [051] -
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		060 % [060]
 CANNON:			050 % [060]
 ENERGY WEAPON:		025 % [060] -
 INDIRECT FIRE:		005 % [053] ---

EL. WARFARE:		022 % [051] -
 DEFENSIVE:		021 % [056] -
 DMG. CONTROL:		012 % [053] --
 LEADERSHIP:		015 % [046] --
 BUSINESS:		040 % [048]
 SURVIVAL:		050 % [056]
 MEDICAL:		006 % [053] ---

The Squad's average rank is dropped to Green.

on to the...

Twentieth Battle.

Rosalina Sirene aka Red Rose on a Frostbite, Novice
Charlene Smith aka Charlie on a Shredder, Novice
Michael Fodd aka Fodder on a Mangler, Novice
Juana Dela Cruz aka Jane on a Guru, Rookie
Murasaki Shinji aka Solomon on a Tantrum, Rookie.

Core Map 22 x 22 against: Fireball(Recon), Guru (Recon), Piranha (Heavy), Highlander (Heavy)

The squad seems to be unable to leave this hell of a planet as they fight yet another battle in a Core map. The squad crouch under heavy cover and wait for the enemy to approach. Red Rose sees a couple of medium titans but cannot identify them. Just then, a recon titan zips up and starts charging towards Red Rose. They ID it as a fireball. A fireball enemy in a Core map. Definitely not good. The squad try their best to take it down. No, it changes direction towards Charlie. Not Charlie! She's got bad heat reg problems already. Charlie jumps backwards to avoid the Fireball, then everyone joins in to disable it. Solomon finishes it off by taking out its engine with a salvo of SRM's. Red Rose then focuses her fire on the Highlander and she is backed up by Solomon and Fodder. Charlie and Jane target the piranha. Later, Solomon switches target to the Piranha. Highlander is taken out first so Red Rose lends some assistance until the Piranha is disabled as well. The Guru was the last to be disabled.

Rosalina Sirene is promoted to Regular!

(EDIT: Double pasted the post... heh....)
aquietfrog

Post by aquietfrog »

Twenty-first Battle: Cannon Fodder

This is the first battle using the New Extended Database Beta.

Rosalina Sirene aka Red Rose on a Frostbite, Regular
Michael Fodd aka Fodder on a Mangler, Novice
Juana Dela Cruz aka Jane on a Guru, Rookie
Murasaki Shinji aka Solomon on a Tantum, Rookie

Terran Map 22 x 22, against Forge (medium), Leopard (Light), Lancer (Recon), Wasp (Recon), Dart (Recon)

The squad finally gets out of the Core planet and gets some action on Terran map. Mountains all over the East side and a Stream cuts down the map. The Squad bands together in case of an airdrop. Two enemies were spotted far to the west and Charlie identifies them as a Leopard and a Forge. The Leopard shows off its long range capacities and hits Fodder with an AC7 shot. The Squad runs for cover. The Rookies fall over while trying to cross the stream.

The squad then climb up some high hills with heavy cover. They spot a lancer just below and the two Rookies lock on to it. Charlie spots a Dart on the other side of the hill and locks on to it. Charlie will take care of the Dart alone because she's out of LoS from the rest of the enemy. Fodder and Red Rose move in to help the Rookies. The Lancer moves further and enters Fodder and Red Rose's LoS. They change direction and the Rookies decide to fall back so they can gang up on the Lancer and avoid fire from the Leopard.

Red Rose charges into the Lancer knocking both of them down. Fodder follows closely with a Chainsaw. Red Rose then gets up and rips off the Lancer's leg with a CLG. Fodder moves back towards the Dart. Red Rose crouches in the hex and targets the Wasp that's approaching. Fodder gets a damaged hip actuator and falls down. The Forge and Wasp keep on firing at him while he was desperately trying to get up. Fodder finally gets to his role as bait while Red Rose tries to take out the Wasp but she keeps on missing her shots! The Wasp sends Fodder crashing with an AC12 to the head. Fodder ends his struggle after the Forge follows up with an AC20 to his head. He took his callsign too seriously.

Meanwhile Charlie, Jane and Solomon rip off a leg from the Leopard. Solomon is eyeing this titan so they decide to leave it like that and head for the Wasp and Forge. Red Rose finally manages to disable the Wasp, by ripping off its leg, and taking out a side torso upon falling down. Red Rose holds her position crouching and firing at the Forge who was steadily approaching. When it gets within 1 hex from her, she makes it stumble with a BRG to the leg. The Rest of the squad climb up the hill and throw pot shots at it until it loses a leg. In attempt to avenge Fodder and as well as secure the Leopard for the salvage Titan, the squad keeps firing at it trying to kill the jock in it, unfortunately the engine is destroyed before the jock could be killed and the pilot of the Leopard ejects.

Victory...

The Leopard was salvaged. To make room, the Phobos was sold. I don't particularly like the design of the Phobos anyway.

Twenty-second Battle: Red Rose teaches Basic Self-Defense

Juana Dela Cruz aka Jane, on a Mangler, Rookie
Murasaki Shinji aka Solomon, on a Leopard, Rookie.

Polar Map 22 x 22, against Needler (Light), Mangler (Light), Sabertooth(Heavy)

Red Rose Spots the enemy just a few hexes away. She baits them into chasing after her while the rest of the Thorny Rose squad waits behind a hill to ambush. She after a brief exchange of missed shots, Red Rose joins her squad into hiding. The Needler is first to pop up and turns and runs toward the squad. The squad shoots at it while it's running towards them. A Mangler follows shortly. When the Needler reaches the squad's hex. Red Rose greets the enemy with a BRG to the LoT. The Needler crashes to the ground and soon loses its CBT after a few rounds of pounding. The Mangler then moves into the hex as well and Red Rose again greets the enemy with a BRG to the LoT and it crashes down. After it's down, she follows up with a kick to the LoT. She's not even doing this with called shots. She's a natural, it makes you think she had a rough time with men before she went into being a jock. After a few more shots, the Mangler lost its LoT. The squad then moves on to deal with the Sabertooth.

When they were all in the same hex. Red Rose knocked the Sabertooth down with her BRG. The rest of the squad, which all had jump ports, took turns dealing DfA to the Sabertooth, it didn't take long and the Sabertooth was disabled and its pilot ejected. Still no victory because the two lights weren't considered disabled yet, so the squad moves back to take out a side torso from the Mangler. Later the Needler's jock ejects.

The Thorny Rose squad is Victorious!

Charlie is promoted to Regular!

Twenty-third Battle: Chain Reaction

Charlene Smith aka Charlie on a Shredder, Regular
Juana Dela Cruz aka Jane, on a Mangler, Rookie
Murasaki Shinji aka Solomon, on a Leopard, Rookie.

Core Map 22 x 22, against Bitter Harvest (Heavy) and Efreet (Heavy)

This is a sad battle. Both Titans had shields so Squad's Energy weapons attacks did little to hamper their onslaught... The team tried to do DfA on the enemy but they kept on missing. Red Rose got dizzy from a NB hit so she decided to run out of the hex for a while, that's when it happened. Everyone was already in the red on their heat levels, then the Efreet hit Jane's engine making it explode! BOOM! It started a chain reaction that even pushed out some of the titans from the hex. BOOM! There goes Solomon... BOOM! There goes Charlie... BOOM! There goes the Efreet... BOOM! There goes the Bitter Harvest... Everyone exploded except Red Rose who was badly damaged in the next hex and was bleeding...

Thorny Rose was declared victorious but Red Rose, still stunned by the sudden loss isn't too happy about it.

Despite Thorny Rose's bad reputation for a fast death rate, two new jocks are hired.

Fraulyn Chua aka Angel, Female Replicant (I), she gets the Thorn and takes on the role of Manager.
Jeffrey Guyzak aka Grimpack, Male Replicant (D), he gets the Guru and takes on the role of Mechanic.

Twenty-fourth Battle: Ditzy Girl

Fraulyn Chua aka Angel on a Thorn, Rookie
Jeffrey Guyzak aka Grimpack on a Guru, Rookie.

Core map 22 x 22, against Spear (Light), Cutthroat (Light).

Looks like the Thorny Rose squad is stuck in a core planet again. Angel, clearly not used to a hellish environment, steps into a lavastream and falls down. Red Rose barks orders at her and she quickly gets up and makes a note to herself not to dive into lava. The squad crouches under some light cover. Red Rose spots a Spear not too far away and decides that the squad needs to move to a better spot. Angel gets too jumpy and falls over in excitement. Damnable rookies, Red Rose is missing her old squadmates. Upon reaching their new position. The Spear tries to jump across a lava stream. Red Rose hits it with a CLG and knocks it into the lava stream. The Spear fails to get up and falls over in the lava a few times, then it shuts down... then it explodes... BOOM! Red Rose then tells Angel that's what happens if you dive into lava. Angel nods in amazement.

The squad can hear noises of movement so they decide to just stay in cover and wait for the enemy to find them. A cutthroat appears behind the squad. They quickly turn and try to lock on it. The cutthroat stupidly runs nearer, and its Gauss Cannons start missing even worse now. The squad opens fire on it and it doesn't last very long before it gets disabled.

The Thorny Rose squad is victorious!

After DP allotment, the new squad looks like this:

Salary:		20234 $ / month
 Battles:	24 [Wins/Losses: 22/02]
 XP:		25890 / 35200
 DP:		Pilot: 003 / Combat: 010 / Other: 003
 Leader:		Recruit rookie mod 63%

Attributes:
 CHARISMA:		16

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		065 % [065]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		017 % [061] --
 ASSAULT:		031 % [061] 
 JUMP:			035 % [065] 
 SCOUTING:		062 % [065]

CLOSE COMBAT:		063 % [065]
 GUIDED MSL.:		009 % [065] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		015 % [065] --
 CANNON:			021 % [065] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		065 % [065]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		022 % [065] -

EL. WARFARE:		008 % [065] ---
 SCANNER:		063 % [063]
 DEFENSIVE:		026 % [065] -
 DMG. CONTROL:		005 % [065] ---
 LEADERSHIP:		075 % [075] +
 BUSINESS:		016 % [070] --
 MEDICAL:		035 % [065] 

Jock:		Fraulyn Chua aka Angel

Size:		169 cm
 Weight:		60 kg
 Salary:		2295 $ / month
 Titan:		Thorn [40.0 t]
 Hit ratio:	14 %
 XP:		1082 / 3800
 DP:		Pilot: 002 / Combat: 004 / Other: 000

Attributes:

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		053 % [053]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		033 % [051] 
 ASSAULT:		014 % [051] --
 JUMP:			053 % [053]
 SCOUTING:		039 % [056] 

CLOSE COMBAT:		050 % [050]
 GUIDED MSL.:		050 % [063]
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		050 % [053]
 CANNON:			026 % [051] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		027 % [051] -
 INDIRECT FIRE:		027 % [056] -

EL. WARFARE:		023 % [063] -
 SCANNER:		029 % [063] -
 DEFENSIVE:		025 % [060] -
 DMG. CONTROL:		007 % [065] ---
 LEADERSHIP:		016 % [060] --
 BUSINESS:		065 % [065]
 SURVIVAL:		049 % [050]
 MEDICAL:		003 % [065] ---

Jock:		Jeffrey Guyzak aka Grimpack

Race:		REPLICANT D [MALE]
 Size:		193 cm
 Weight:		103 kg
 Salary:		3942 $ / month
 Hit ratio:	71 %
 XP:		274 / 4400
 DP:		Pilot: 002 / Combat: 000 / Other: 003
 Mechanic:	Repair markup 07%

Attributes:
 CHARISMA:		08

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		065 % [065]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		001 % [053] ---
 ASSAULT:		009 % [053] ---
 JUMP:			010 % [065] --
 SCOUTING:		024 % [053] -

CLOSE COMBAT:		025 % [051] -
 GUIDED MSL.:		018 % [056] --
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		023 % [065] -
 CANNON:			040 % [060]
 ENERGY WEAPON:		060 % [060]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		025 % [053] -

EL. WARFARE:		024 % [056] -
 SCANNER:		030 % [055] 
 DEFENSIVE:		009 % [066] ---
 DMG. CONTROL:		063 % [063]
 LEADERSHIP:		013 % [046] --
 BUSINESS:		004 % [053] ---
 SURVIVAL:		030 % [050] 
 MEDICAL:		026 % [063] -

Twenty-Fifth Battle: Quick Learner

Jeffrey Guyzak aka Grimpack on a Guru, Rookie

Terran Map 22 x 22 against a Chameleon (Heavy)

Looks like the Thorny Rose squad got out of the Hot planet after all. This time they battle against a lone Heavy identified as a Chameleon. Grimpack spots it prowling about some dense woods, appearing and disappearing as it moved in and out of LoS since the terrain has rolling hills. The squad members are in small but fast titans so they decide to run around the Chameleon and try to shoot it in the back rather than face it directly. This continues for a while and along the course, Red Rose gets a ML to the head. She gets a severe injury and loses reaction. Dammit! There goes a lot of DP investment... The squad then charges in. It doesn't take long and the Chameleon loses its LoT from a BRG hit courtesy of who else, Red Rose. The Chameleon then loses its RT and then the squad is victorious.

Angel is clearly the faster learner as she's raking in XP. It must be all those botched jobs she had to make up for.

Twenty-Sixth Battle: Easy Win

Biochem Map 22 x 22 against Unicorn (Recon), Badger (Recon), Attila (Light)

Before the squad could see the enemy, they could already detect falling noises. Something must've fallen over, hopefully it fell into some acid. Grimpack spots a Unicorn and moves in so that he would be beyond the Unicorn's GC's minimum range. Angel follows closely behind him. Red Rose on the Frostbite just can't keep up the recons. The unicorn gets badly damaged and soon its jock ejects. The badger follows in but gets several punches to the head and soon its pilot also ejects. Next, the Attila closes in and attacks Angel. Grimpack responds by putting a TB to the Attila's head. It didn't rip it off but its jock panics and ejects in no time. Red Rose didn't get any action at all. The Rookies were very lucky this time around.

Thorny Rose is victorious!

Attila was salvaged.

Twenty-Seventh Battle: Learning When to Flee

Polar Map 22 x 22 against Lycanthrope (Heavy)

1000 seconds of waiting and nothing happens. Looks like the enemy is waiting to ambush also. The Recons try to sneak around to see if they can spot the enemy without being detected, unfortunately when they spot the enemy, it saw them, too and it starts rushing towards them. Red Rose moves out to help them and take the Lycanthrope's attention away from the Recons. Unfortunately, Red Rose takes an AC20 to the head and falls over. a TB follows but missed. Not wanting to risk death from another unlucky shot to the head, Red Rose ejects.

Without a leader and greatly disadvantaged, the two rookies start to panic. They try to get up and Angel stumbles. Grimpack leads Angel down a depression with tall pines. They see the Lycanthrope moving towards them. Did it see them? But then the Lycanthrope stops in some heavy cover... It's waiting to ambush and it cannot see them! Angel and Grimpack fire their weapons to see how the enemy would react. They missed but the Lycanthrope doesn't budge. Grimpack keeps firing his TB at it despite the 2% chance to hit... and sets the pines on fire, this is good, when the cover gets burned, Angel's missiles would have better accuracy. After the woods were burned, the enemy still won't budge. The two rookies keep firing from where they were hiding. Angel keeps firing her missiles until she runs out of ammo, but on the last round of the GME, she knocks the Lycanthrope down. When it got up, it was now running forward. After it closes it, it puts a TB to Angel's head. Great, another dead jock. Grimpack decides to flee the battle.

Defeat...

The next time this squad faces a Heavy titan with a TB, they'll just flee.

A new jock is hired. Elizabeth Adams aka Betty. She's the squad's new manager. She gets the Badger.

Twenty-Eighth Battle: Penance of the Coward

Rosalina Sirene aka Red Rose on an Attila, Regular
Elizabeth Adams aka Betty on a Badger, Rookie

Core Map 22 x 22 against a Timberwolf (Heavy)

Red Rose is really starting to hate all these jobs on Core maps. She gets a bad feeling. The squad spots a Timberwolf and they move in to get away from its GC's however, it still has its CLG. Betty in her Badger can take much action since it's heating up pretty badly. Red Rose and Grimpack team-up against the Timberwolf. To make up for deserting the last battle, Grimpack acts as bait as Red Rose pounds on the Timberwolf, unfortunately, Grimpack takes too many hits to the head and is killed in action... Betty finally gets into the same hex and lets loose her BRG to help Red Rose knock the Heavy titan down. A few more Power Axe hits and the Timberwolf is disabled.

Damn these battles against heavies. This squad will rest for a while until the patch comes out.

Dead Thorny Rose Jocks Memorial

Lazuli Cerulean aka Azure Dreamer, Female Replicant (D). Joined: From the Beginning. Died: Second Battle, failed eject attempt.

Sabrina Micah aka Sami, Female Replicant (D). Joined: Third Battle. Died: Third Battle, cockpit destroyed at HtH.

Koh Yong Qiang aka Feisty, Male Replicant (I). Joined: From the Beginning. Died: Sixth Battle, Tesla Bolt to the Head

Tanya Molotov aka Molotov, Female Replicant (I). Joined: Seventh Battle. Died: Nineteenth Battle, Tesla Bolt to the Head

Michael Fodd aka Fodder, Male Cyborg. Joined: Seventh Battle. Died: Twenty-first Battle, AC12 + AC20 to the Head.

Charlene Smith aka Charlie, Female Replicant (D). Joined: Fourth Battle. Died: Twenty-third Battle, Chain Engine Explosion

Juana Dela Cruz aka Jane, Female Replicant (I). Joined: Twentieth Battle. Died: Twenty-third Battle, Chain Engine Explosion (trigger)

Murasaki Shinji aka Solomon, Male Cyborg. Joined: Twentieth Battle. Died: Twenty-third Battle, Chain Engine Explosion

Fraulyn Chua aka Angel, Female Replicant (I). Joined: Twenty-fourth Battle. Died: Twenty-seventh Battle, Tesla Bolt to the Head,

Jeffrey Guyzak aka Grimpack, Male Replicant (I). Joined: Twenty-fourth Battle. Died:Twenty-eight Battle, cockpit destroyed at HtH
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thorny Rose is certainly eating up those jocks. Loved the multiple explosion .. my teams have suffered a few of those, but none so dramatic, I think.

The Core arena's a wonderful place for teaching those rookie jocks how to handle their temperature ... only the successful learniers survive for long.

Thanks for the AARs; they're involving.
Sleeping_Dragon

GREAT AAR!

Dude.. no way I'm joining your squad! hehe Sounds like you got a bit of the bad luck going.

Sounds like the 'stuck' Lycanthrope was similiar to what Peterwhy encountered, it should be fixed with the patch.

Tip of the day: NO LAVA DIVING! unless you have a REALLY big HR

Suggestion: Get Red Rose out of the Attilia ASAP and keep her at a 'safe' distance. You need her good leadership to keep recuiting jocks.[:'(] Too bad she lost the Frostbite.

As far as fighting large numbers agianst small numbers but with equal tonnage. Typically, the large numbers will have an advatage in polar, while the smaller numbers will get an advantage in core due to the heat modifier, assuming 'typical' HR sizes in reguard to weight class.

aquietfrog

Post by aquietfrog »

Yeah, I was thinking my squad would win that battle against the Lycanthrope. It was a polar map and I was definitely having the advantage... if it weren't for that blasted AC20 to the head [:@]

I'm taking extra care of Red Rose as she's the leader. Her recruitment bonus helps a lot. It's what's keeping my squad from completely starting from scratch. I'm considering renaming my squad though...
Sleeping_Dragon

Even playing hard core I've found myself doing things I shouldn't like not backing away far enough or moving out of it's arc of fire from a single active downed titan when finishing it off. Your account will help me remember. AC20's, engine explosions, and TBs can really turn a battle around in a hurry.

aquietfrog

Post by aquietfrog »

This squad just can't stay away from the action (my day just feels incomplete without TOS:WS). Despite the recent streak of bad luck, the Thorny Rose Squad is at it again. A new Jock is hired. Randolf Sorn aka Spike, Male Replicant (D). He takes on the role of Mechanic and takes the Guru. This squad will have its TB-to-the-head vengance one of these days. To minimize risk and maximize damage potential, Red Rose downgrades back to her Quantum. Hopefully the reduced weight would lessen the chance of encountering another Heavy.

Twenty-Nineth Battle: Back to Basics

Rosalina Sirene aka Red Rose on a Quantum, Regular
Randolf Sorn aka Spike on a Guru, Rookie.

Biochem Map 22 x 22, against a Jackal (Recon), Lehr Magnus (Medium)

Another new rookie means more on the job basic training. Red Rose has done this so often she thinks she could do it in her sleep. Today she decides to teach her new rookies a very basic strategy: crouch in heavy cover and wait for the enemy to draw near. Fortunately, the enemy obliges and moves toward them. To demonstrate how difficult it is to hit an enemy at the edge of a weapons max range, Red Rose fires her CLG at the approaching Jackal at 2% accuracy. Ironically, the shot hits. Red Rose then explains that's what you'd call a lucky shot. The squad's original position had bad LoS so Red Rose initiates the move to another hex. Now Red Rose teaches her rookies how to stand up without falling over. She demonstrates and her rookies successfully follow her lead and they move to the next hex. She then instructs her rookies to stay crouching and keep firing at the Jackal.

By the time the squad reaches the new hex, another enemy Titan appears. It's a Lehr Magnus, and it makes its presence known by hitting Red Rose with it's NB. Red Rose is affected badly losing HP and consciousness. Her titan falls over. The two rookies, not sure what to do, just carried on their orders and kept firing at the Jackal. By the time the jackal reached the squad's hex, it already lost both arms. Still not sure what to do, and their leader unconscious, they just keep firing at it without standing up. As Red Rose recovers from being unconscious, the Jackal's jock ejects. Red Rose orders the rookies to change target to the Lehr Magnus.

The Lehr Magnus didn't take its attention away from Red Rose and kept firing its lasers and NB at her. She suffers a lot of damage and gets another bad hit from the NB and feels dizzy. The rookies just keep firing at it, occassionally getting some hits but misses most of the time. When the Lehr Magnus was only 1 hex away, Red Rose was about to order her rookies to stand up and prepare for HtH... however, Betty's BRG manages to knock it down. The next shots manage to keep the Lehr Magnus from getting up. Spike's TB rips up big holes in the Lehr Magnus' armor, and MG fire shave off AP slowly but surely... Soon, it lost an arm and the CT and was disabled.

After DP allotment, the Squad now looks like this:

Salary:		21574 $ / month
 Battles:	29 [Wins/Losses: 26/03]
 Hit ratio:	43 %
 XP:		29495 / 35200
 DP:		Pilot: 007 / Combat: 005 / Other: 003
 Leader:		Recruit rookie mod 63%

Attributes:
 CHARISMA:		16

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		064 % [065]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		017 % [061] --
 ASSAULT:		031 % [061] 
 JUMP:			035 % [065] 
 SCOUTING:		065 % [065]

CLOSE COMBAT:		065 % [065]
 GUIDED MSL.:		009 % [065] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		015 % [065] --
 CANNON:			021 % [065] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		063 % [065]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		022 % [065] -

EL. WARFARE:		008 % [065] ---
 SCANNER:		063 % [063]
 DEFENSIVE:		026 % [065] -
 DMG. CONTROL:		005 % [065] ---
 LEADERSHIP:		075 % [075] +
 BUSINESS:		016 % [070] --
 MEDICAL:		041 % [065]

Jock:		Elizabeth Adams aka Betty

Size:		171 cm
 Weight:		58 kg
 Salary:		2581 $ / month
 Titan:		Badger [40.0 t]
 Hit ratio:	55 %
 XP:		761 / 3800
 DP:		Pilot: 003 / Combat: 002 / Other: 001
 Manager:	Purchase markup 09%

Attributes:

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		053 % [053]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		036 % [051] 
 ASSAULT:		040 % [051]
 JUMP:			016 % [053] --
 SCOUTING:		048 % [060]

CLOSE COMBAT:		053 % [053]
 GUIDED MSL.:		020 % [065] -
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		025 % [053] -
 CANNON:			051 % [051]
 ENERGY WEAPON:		051 % [051]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		012 % [060] --

EL. WARFARE:		013 % [065] --
 SCANNER:		030 % [063] 
 DEFENSIVE:		019 % [060] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		039 % [065] 
 LEADERSHIP:		020 % [060] -
 BUSINESS:		061 % [065]
 SURVIVAL:		026 % [056] -
 MEDICAL:		011 % [065] --

Jock:		Randolf Sorn aka Spike

Race:		REPLICANT D [MALE]
 Weight:		83 kg
 Salary:		3834 $ / month
 Hit ratio:	34 %
 XP:		803 / 4200
 DP:		Pilot: 003 / Combat: 002 / Other: 001

Attributes:
 INSTINCT:		09

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		061 % [063]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		014 % [055] --
 ASSAULT:		022 % [055] -
 JUMP:			013 % [063] --
 SCOUTING:		035 % [050] 

CLOSE COMBAT:		035 % [050] 
 GUIDED MSL.:		007 % [055] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		025 % [063] -
 CANNON:			036 % [061] 
 ENERGY WEAPON:		061 % [061]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		028 % [050] -

EL. WARFARE:		010 % [055] --
 SCANNER:		023 % [056] -
 DEFENSIVE:		019 % [063] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		061 % [061]
 LEADERSHIP:		029 % [050] -
 BUSINESS:		008 % [055] ---
 SURVIVAL:		040 % [050]
 MEDICAL:		022 % [061] -

aquietfrog

Post by aquietfrog »

Thirtieth Battle: Three on Three.

Randolf Sorn aka Spike on a Guru, Rookie

Biochem Map 22 x 22, against: Wasp (Recon), Mosquito (Recon), Gauntlet (Recon)

Spike was separated from Red Rose and Betty by rolling terrain and a distance of around 6 hexes. The two ladies move forward together towards some heavy cover while Spike moves up a hill to do some recon. Spike reaches the top of the hill and spots three enemy recons. A Wasp, Mosquito and Gauntlet. Interesting battle, Energy titans against Cannon titans.

Someone must've put a bounty on Red Rose's head since all three enemies were firing at her! She tried her best to reciprocate but she took too much damage and lost a RT. Her LT was red and having only 4 AP left where the Engine is, it wasn't a very pretty site. Red Rose ejects before she gets unlucky. Spike instantly levels the playing field when he arrives at the hex when he takes out the Gauntlet's LoT with his TB. Soon however, Betty was overheating and had to run out the hex for a while. Spike manages to fend off both the Mosquito and the Wasp for a while. The TB is really devastating when it hits. Betty rejoins the battle after her heat level drops to green. Her BRG was damaged so she needs to fire it at point blank to be of any use. Soon the Mosquito's engine is destroyed but fortunately didn't blow up. The wasp moves out of the hex. Spike and Betty decide to do the same to cool off for a while. Then the Wasp jumps and crosses over the covered hills and lands on the other side. Betty runs towards it to attempt a charge and then try to knock it down with her BRG. She fails her charge and the Wasp disables one of her titan's torso with its AC12. Betty was going to attempt an eject when she remembered she hasn't been properly trained on it yet. She decides to stay put and act as bait for a while. Meanwhile, Spike puts a TB to the Wasp's LA rips it off and knocks the wasp down. The wasp fails its standing check twice and knocks its other arm off in the process. Spike's next TB takes out the Wasp's LoT.

The enemy then offers a draw. Spike declines and threatens the Jock in the Gauntlet with his TB. The enemy jock ejects.

The Gauntlet was salvaged.

Thirty-first Battle: Cannons in Biochem

Biochem Map 22 x 22, against Gauntlet (Recon), Spear (Light)

Another battle with cannon titans in a biochem map. This was a fairly easy win. Red Rose got the Gauntlet in the CT then in the LoT. From there it kept falling over by itself. I'm assuming it's trying to stand with damaged gyros. Later, The squad then shoots a leg off and it does nothing for a while. The spear then draws near and lands a GC to Red Rose's head. No critical damage done, but with 10 AP lost in the head, it's best to be a little careful. Red Rose leaves the covered hill and moves around some hills and cover to get behind the spear who kept on approaching Betty and Spike. As usual, when the spear gets 1 hex from the squad's hex, it gets knocked down by a BRG and kept down by successive shots, especially the TB. Soon it loses a leg, also. Hoping to salvage the Spear, the squad moves in to clean up the Gauntlet. Red Rose puts a CLG to its head and when the other two titans reach the hex, the jock gets the message and ejects. The spear's jock follows shortly.

The Thorny Rose squad is victorious!

The Spear was salvaged.

Thirty-second Battle: Easy Uneasiness

Savannah Map 22 x 22, against Pike (Recon), Berserker (Light)

The enemy made the mistake of letting the Pike go too far ahead of the Berserker. It went as near as 1 hex from the squad then realized it was a LR titan and started moving back, but by then it was too late. Berserker got in LoS when the Pike was already well disabled. As usual, BRG keeps it down while CLG and TB rip big holes.

Easy Victory. It makes Red Rose feel uneasy.

The Berserker was salvaged. What the squad needs is an Energy Weapons Light Titan for Red Rose, though...

Thirty-third Battle: Hell Drops

Terran Map 22 x 22, against Marshal (Recon), Inferno (Light)

The squad spots the enemy Marshal moving down some hills and after a quick exchange of fire, Red Rose got a GME to the head. Not a very good start. Red Rose was just wondering where the other enemy is... When an airdrop is detected! It was an Inferno, and it was right on top of them! Red Rose then suffers another hit to the Head with a Flame Thrower from the Inferno. She suffers damage. Definitely not good. Red Rose dodges out of the hex and ejects.

For some reason, the Inferno just kept jumping forward away from the battle, giving Betty and Spike enough time to even out the odds by taking out the Marshal with a quick succession of charges, punches and a few BRG and TB shots. The TB is simply an excellent levelling weapon. The two turn to face the Inferno and with another quick succession of charges, punches, the Inferno is send crashing to the ground again. BRG shots gave it problems getting up and the TB just kept ripping big holes, a side torso is taken out. However, the Inferno's NM's and FT were having great effect slowing down the squads rate of fire due to overheating. Betty decided to run off to the near water hole to try to cool down for a while... It wasn't necessary as Spike's TB disables the Inferno's LoT.

Betty was promoted to Green!

The Guru and Badger combo had always been a favourite of mine since freeware ToS. Badger's BRG knocks enemy down so the Guru's TB can get a better to-hit rate and rip a big one. Also, both carry MGs that's pretty useful to shave off parts that survived the TB.
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

Hmm, shouldn't airdrops only happen when your team is 4+, and at least 2 titans are dropped? Or was that for 1.2 only?
Iceman
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Sorry. I rechecked the code and it does allow single airdrops, both with 1.1 and 1.2.

Formula is :

tcnt : Number of titans in a team
dcnt : Number of titans without minimum range weapons in a team

if ( dcnt >= 2 )
{
if ( dcnt > tcnt / 2 )
dcnt = tcnt / 2;
aquietfrog

Post by aquietfrog »

Thirty-fourth Battle: In its element.

Elizabeth Adams aka Betty on a Badger, Green

Core map 22 x 22, against: Rapier (Recon), Imp (Light)

The squad didn't want to be the attackers since the heat regs on both Red Rose and Betty aren't sufficient for effective combat in a Core map. They played the waiting game, however, the enemy waited, too. The squad was forced to move slowly towards the center of the map, until they encounter a rapier. Spike did the most damage being the only titan who could cool down fast enough. The Rapier was disabled gradually but then the enemy Imp showed up.

Dual Teslas, that Imp is very dangerous! In a core map, it had great advantage against recons, especially ones with poor heat regs. Red Rose and Betty decide to try to evade the Imp until they can both cool down. They had to walk or else they'll just build up more heat. Spike provided cover fire for Red Rose and Betty by walking backward along with them. They ran in circles around a mountain until both Betty and Red Rose had their heat levels at blue. Spike then rushes in for a charge, knocking the Imp down. A CLG from Red Rose knocks it down a second time. Red Rose waits for her temperature to reach green. The Imp stands up but a BRG from Betty knocks it down again and takes out a side torso which was damaged from a previous TB shot from Spike. Spike then puts another big hole in it with his TB and knocks it down again. Betty and Red Rose take turns at providing cover fire for Spike and cooling down. Red Rose fired a lot more often because her CLG generates less heat.

The Imp is damaged all over and Spike hears its engine go out. Its heat regulator must be damaged and is steadily building up heat. It's probably going to blow up. Rather than run away, Spike risks it by firing another TB. Luckily, it takes out a leg and the heat regulator is destroyed.

Randolf Sorn is promoted to green!

This could have been a disastrous fight, it's lucky that the Imp's TB missed most of the time.

Thirty-fifth Battle: Sad Wolf In Snow

Randolf Sorn aka SPike on a Guru, Green

Polar Map 22 x 22, against Timberwolf (Heavy)

Red Rose remembers defeating a lone timberwolf before. Repeat same tactics: run around until in range and charge all out. Easy win, somewhat. Didn't even keep notes on it.

Thirty-sixth Battle:

I forgot the details of what happened but my squad got a Shredder as salvage. Sold the Berserker to free up titan space...

Thirty-seventh Battle:

Randolf Sorn aka SPike on a Guru, Green

Biochem Map 22 x 22, against: Club (Recon), Will o' Wisp (Recon), Fang (Recon)

Forgot the details also. Wasn't a difficult battle and the squad won it.

Thirty-eighth Battle: Enter the Droids

For the Thirty-eighth battle, I decided to create a new squad to make the Thorny Rose Squad's battle even more interesting. Just in time for the new patch, v1.2. A new squad is formed, at green rank so that its jocks can keep its pace with Thorny Rose's Novice squad. This new squad will be AI controlled. It should prove to be interesting how to adjust tactics according to the AI ally's actions.

Thorny Rose:
Rosalina Sirene aka Red Rose on a Quantum, Regular, Human
Elizabeth Adams aka Betty on a Badger, Green, Replicant I
Randolf Sorn aka Spike on a Guru, Green, Replicant D

Delta Androids:
ULT-01L-0100446 aka Leader 1 on a Locust, Green, Android
TGH-02M-5580551 aka Manager 1 on a Wasp, Green, Android
HRD-03M-0010044 aka Mechanic 1 on a Wraithchild, Green, Android

Terran Map 22 x 22, against Battle Master (Heavy), Penetrator (Light), Enigma (Recon)

Thorny Rose starts off at the northwest section of the map. Red Rose leads and spots the Droids on the Southwest section of the map heading east. Red rose also spots an enemy on a Light titan, unfortunately, most of the view is blocked by a high hill with dense cover in the middle of the map. Red Rose moves toward that hill. The Droids are also advancing and it seems they meet the enemy first. Shots are fired. The thorny rose squad hopes to catch up and give support. Just as Red Rose was climbing up the high hill, a Battle Master appears just 1.33 KM north of her. Red Rose couldn't help blurting out expletives. She just hopes she climbs over the hill before that thing can start shooting at her, but it's no good, it starts raining fire and Red Rose can't do anything as she has her back facing it... Run dammit, run!

Red Rose manages to climb the hill, just in time to witness the Droids beating up an enemy Enigma and making it explode! Red Rose was a bit too near and takes 10 damage. Unfortunately, Leader 1's engine also explodes! Red Rose takes another 12 points of damage and now has enough reason to curse Androids for the rest of her life. The Droid's Manager 1 on a Wasp was caught right in the middle of the two explosions and suffers massive damage effectively disabling his Wasp. The enemy Penetrator took some damage also, but it was protected a bit by its shield. Betty and Spike are late to arrive on the scene, which is a good thing as they didn't get damaged by the explosions. The Penetrator charges Red Rose, and Red Rose counter charges. Red Rose manages to stay on her feet as the Penetrator crashes. It quickly gets back on its feet an takes an arm off of Red Rose's titan. Betty then charges the Penetrator and sends it crashing back to the ground. Spike soon follows and takes out a torso with his TB.

The Battle Master then pops up again and takes aim at the Droid's Mechanic 1. Mechanic 1 suffers jock injury taking a ML hit to the head. Meanwhile, the Thorny rose disables the Penetrator and starts moving towards the Battle Master. Betty charges the Battle Master doing 10 points of damage to its LoT while she takes 6 points of damage to her R Arm. She manages to keep standing. Spike follows into the hex shortly. Spike overloads the Battle Master's Shields with his TB. With the shields down, Red Rose gets better to-hit chances with her CLG doing a great deal of damage to the Battle Master. Betty works hard at keeping the Battle Master down, firing her BRG when it's getting up, or charging into the Battle Master if her titan's too hot. The Droid's Mechanic 1 shows its worth by peppering the Battle Master with NB and PL shots. Mechanic 1 gets the final shot in taking out the Battle Master's CT with a PL. Spike grumbles as it was his TB which softened up the Battle Master.

And an almost disastrous Battle is won! Red Rose is promoted to Veteran!

Looks like there won't be a smooth intersquad relationship but they'll get by.

In the aftermath, this is what the squads look like:

Height:		186 cm
 Salary:		27336 $ / month
 Battles:	38 [Wins/Losses: 35/03]
 Hit ratio:	45 %