Second Run-Through

Post descriptions and reports of your brilliant successes and unfortunate defeats here.
Hard Sarge

RE: Second Run-Through

Post by Hard Sarge »

I know I selling a lot of stuff midmonth, just to keep the workers, working, once you learn what the stuff is, it brings in more money, but I do not know, if I am going to need any of that stuff for down the road, so, only sell off enough, to pay the bills

I got the plans to the Thunderer, in the workshop, but need like 880,000 bucks, but a new month just started, and I need a Hanger for it before I can build it

hmmm

2 Heavy Weapons and 2 Troopers, or 1 Heavy Weapon and 6 Troopers, sounds good to me

hmmmm

they didn't say, 10 Troopers ? of course, I don't think I got 10 Healthy troopers to go on a ride anyway

Steel Angel

Post by Steel Angel »

Not knowing exactly what you're trying to sell until you research it complicates things. If you don't know what lines of research identify some of the stuff you loot, you don't know what exactly you can sell off.

My money situation improved considerably once I researched UFO flight control and craft armor, both of which I had a stockpile of. I still keep some on hand, but I figure if I need more down the line, I can just swipe some from UFO raids.
evilferretvictim

Post by evilferretvictim »

Wait a minute.... I just realized... In X-Com you needed to keep alien equipment in order to manufacture certain stuff~ (I could be thinking of a different game, but pretty sure X-Com had this) As far as I can tell, in UFO:ET it just takes money... ? So, there's no reason to keep alien tech once it's researched? I haven't dipped into manufacturing alien tech yet so I could be mistaken...

Texashawk

Post by Texashawk »

Well, I seem to remember you needed a hell of a lot of elerium-121(?) to keep the alien technologies moving. So I don't know if it's wise to sell off a whole lot of alien stuff...
Lifetime "You Magnificent Bastard!" callouts: 5
Lifetime slaps across the face by a female: 2
Lifetime games that hold my attention longer than a month: 3
evilferretvictim

Post by evilferretvictim »

ORIGINAL: Texashawk

Well, I seem to remember you needed a hell of a lot of elerium-121(?) to keep the alien technologies moving. So I don't know if it's wise to sell off a whole lot of alien stuff...

I remember you needed it to create a bunch of stuff.... That elerium stuff you mentioned rings a bell~ It may have been something to do with the fuel as well on some of your more advanced ships? My question is, do you need it to build stuff later in UFO:ET? I'm sure there's at least a couple of people who have gotten far enough to see what they need by now.. Although hopefully nobody has beaten the game yet~

Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

In Xcom, Elerium 115 was required to build any plasma clips, cannons or defenses, new ships, and any armor beyond just the personal kind. Alien Alloys were also a big deal, but you could get some engineers to build that. The only way to get Elerium was by capturing it.
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

Return to “After Action Reports”