Base game

These new expansions from X1 Software add dynamic campaigns and nearly three thousand missions between them to your IL2 Sturmovik, Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack and Pacific Fighters. The incredible depth and replayability of these new add-ons will give you a very long lasting experience.
philturco

Base game

Post by philturco »

What is the base game that must be owned so you can play the add ons and where can it be found.
Hard Sarge

RE: Base game

Post by Hard Sarge »

Ahhhhh

this is a strange one

the last days

you want IL-2 forgotten battles, if you have the Ace expanison pak and or Pacific Fighters, you will get more planes and more missions/campains you can fly

Banzai, you want Pacific Fighters, again, if merged with IL-2, you get more

Case Blue, it says either IL-2 or IL-2 FB, but I think it was made for IL-2 FB (the two IL-2 Games are totally different games)

Barbarossa, again, it says either, but I thought it was for IL-2 FB, but it may work with IL-2, it came out while IL-2 FB was pretty new

so

over all, I would say you want IL-2 Forgotten battles, the Aces expanison pak, and if you want Banzai or more plane types, Pacific Fighters

IL-2 FB can stand alone, and Pacific Fighters can stand alone, or both games can be merged into one big game (giving you the planes and Campiagns from both games in one)

Aces gives you a number of Western planes to fly or fight in IL-2 FB

(to be honest, trying to make it simple, is starting to get me confused)

look for some Gold paks, I am sure I have seen IL-2 FB being sold with the expansion pak added in

if you a Flight sim fan, these are great, very pretty, great detail, if you are not, there is a steep learning cruve to go though

overall, I would say, go for The Last Days, it is great

hope that helps some
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

lets see if this link works, hope so

this is a good online store

the game comes as IL-2 FB, with Aces and Pacific Fighters

so over all a pretty good deal and you get everything you need :)

http://www.gogamer.com/cgi-bin/GoGamer. ... ew/001IL2C

for 5 bucks less they also have just IL-2 FB with Aces Pak, but the first one is a better deal

HomeFries

Post by HomeFries »

I'd definitely go with the complete pack, even if you're not big into the Pacific theater. Not only are some of the planes added in Pacific Fighters used in other maps (such as the A-20), but the latest patches are all based off the IL2+Pacific Fighters combined install. You will also need this if you decide to get the Pe-2 add-on from ubisoft. Not to mention, there are additional campaigns with The Last Days that can be only accessed with the complete package.

Advantages of the latest patch series (4.0x)
1) Totally revamped flight model
2) Additional planes (not just Pacific theater)
3) Additional maps (Murmansk and Kurland)

Hope this helps.
“Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “Banzai!, Case Blue, The Last Days IL2 Expansion Packs”