Question about pitchers

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderator: puresimmer

chisox59

Question about pitchers

Post by chisox59 »

I'm about to start my season, before I do just had one question. Does "stuff" relate more to a pitcher's ERA or more to another stat such as hits per 9 inn. (thereby having "control" affect ERA along with stuff)? Thanks in advance.
chisox59

RE: Question about pitchers

Post by chisox59 »

ok perhaps the qustion was sort of confusing, let's say I have a pitcher with an 80 stuff rating and 40 control rating, and another pitcher with a 60 stuff rating and 80 control rating. Which one would be projected to do better?
Wrathchild

RE: Question about pitchers

Post by Wrathchild »

As far as I understand Stuff refers more to variety of pitches and ability to get batters out. A pitcher with higher Stuff should get more strikeouts. Control refers to the ability to put the pitch on target and a pitcher with higher Control would issue fewer Walks. Considering that in a 1-100 rating system 50 is the middle of the road, I would rather have the 60 Stuff/80 Control pitcher than the 80 Stuff/40 Control. A 40 Control pitcher would be much too unpredictable for my taste.
J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)

Return to “The Locker”