queston regarding starting pitcher usage

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderator: puresimmer

weenbks

queston regarding starting pitcher usage

Post by weenbks »

hi, i getting back into this game after a long break and I am really enjoying.
I run one team in a league and I let the AI manage the team during the game. And I just watch as GM/Owner. Here's my dilemma - The AI always leaves the starting pitcher in for a long time way after I would have the pitcher pulled. The AI lets the pitch counts get extremely high. I would like the AI to have a quicker hook and I made that change in the GM profile but that doesn't seem to change a thing. How can I correct this. I want the pitcher to managed in a more realistic way short of me managing every game. What am I doing wrong?
KG Erwin

RE: queston regarding starting pitcher usage

Post by KG Erwin »

I wish I had an answer for you, but I have never let the AI play out my chosen team's games. I manage each and every game. That may be your only alternative. Sorry, man. Perhaps someone else will weigh in and offer some tips.
Wrathchild

RE: queston regarding starting pitcher usage

Post by Wrathchild »

You could go to each of your starting pitchers and under the Player Usage view have the player checked to have a quicker hook than what your manager is using.
J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)

Return to “The Locker”