The 1960's re-visited

Questions regarding the creation of custom graphics (uniforms and stadium art).

Moderator: David Winter

Mykal

RE: The 1960's re-visited

Post by Mykal »

Just to shut your sanctimonious mouth

Lets take just one example

MY...... Yes MY Skyline taken from a shot the Yellowknife Horizon
Argyle1968

Post by Argyle1968 »

Well, thanks for creating that. It's a nice skyline. Sorry I didn't credit you for it. I am pretty sure I pulled it from another stadium, though, as I wouldn't have downloaded something I didn't recognize from the NFL or college football. But I'll yank it out and replace it this evening to mollify you.

Mykal

Post by Mykal »

[8|]

Like I Said & obvious to everyone by now........... without doubt the most ungracious person I've ever come across
Argyle1968

Post by Argyle1968 »

Before you get too big-headed, I think it's rather funny that you feel that the sliver of your background that appears in that screenshot is the center of attention, like THAT is the part of the shot that is at all noticeable. I thanked you, said it was nice work, told you I didn't know it was yours, said I would remove it...now what is your problem?

therhino

Post by therhino »

ORIGINAL: Argyle1968

Before you get too big-headed, I think it's rather funny that you feel that the sliver of your background that appears in that screenshot is the center of attention, like THAT is the part of the shot that is at all noticeable. I thanked you, said it was nice work, told you I didn't know it was yours, said I would remove it...now what is your problem?

Hey dude, I've used Gary's background before (now that I think of it, it may have been Mykals) but they haven't complained once. The reason why is I say thanks, I give credit, and if I don't know who made it I post that I don't know, I never take credit for work that isn't mine. Got that? I don't mind you making stadiums, but what you just did is called a re-texture and not even a legit one because you took Mykal's work without permission. You obviously don't realize the time that goes into graphics or you don't care. Well guess what it's not easy or we would all be Mykal's, you make some graphics half that good it would be one thing, but the only thing you contribute is poorly re-textures stadiums with others work.

Next time think before you pull this crap.
Argyle1968

Post by Argyle1968 »

ORIGINAL: therhino

ORIGINAL: Argyle1968

Hey dude, I've used Gary's background before (now that I think of it, it may have been Mykals) but they haven't complained once. The reason why is I say thanks, I give credit, and if I don't know who made it I post that I don't know, I never take credit for work that isn't mine. Got that? I don't mind you making stadiums, but what you just did is called a re-texture and not even a legit one because you took Mykal's work without permission. You obviously don't realize the time that goes into graphics or you don't care. Well guess what it's not easy or we would all be Mykal's, you make some graphics half that good it would be one thing, but the only thing you contribute is poorly re-textures stadiums with others work.

Next time think before you pull this crap.

I don't, either. My text files clearly disclaim that I did not create the stadiums and clearly specify what I did to them.

The stadium I selected the horizon from was Central Stadium by local8h. The readme.txt file did not specify who made the horizon texture. Mykal says that he made it--so I have removed it, and am posting a version-2 file at FBMax without the texture and acknowledging Old Coach from whose stadium the new texture was borrowed.

As for the rest of your post, I've seen enough "copy-cat" stadiums to know that textures have gotten passed around and used so frequently that trying to find out who created them originally is all but impossible. Were this a money making venture, it would be different. It's a hobby. I haven't claimed authorship of anything that isn't mine, that's the point you and Mykal are glossing over. Putting things together in a different way to produce a different result IS an original work.
mudrick

Post by mudrick »

I'll stay out of this one......But thank you Argyle for the uploads.
Mrgravyard50

Post by Mrgravyard50 »

Its been awhile since I have been on here and come back to read this? 
Everyone who makes ANYthing for this game should be proud!! Great work by All..
Let's turn the anger off and focus on making more Great stuff..
Its a shame David W. didnt have this kind of care and stay to make the game right..

mudrick

Post by mudrick »

I agree Sir.
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

ORIGINAL: Mrgravyard50

Its been awhile since I have been on here and come back to read this? 
Everyone who makes ANYthing for this game should be proud!! Great work by All..
Let's turn the anger off and focus on making more Great stuff..
Its a shame David W. didnt have this kind of care and stay to make the game right..

Kinda missin' the point Bro
big difference between makin' somethin' and rippin' off someone else's work
but I wont drag you into all that......

Think I'll go with my gut and say.... I'm makin' nothin' more for anyone
and keep my rubbish, slung together in 15 seconds creations (as Argyle so graciously put it) to myself from here on.
grrncore

Post by grrncore »

poor Argle1968, he was so excited of the game,edited stadiums, i don't think he made any money on it, i think he just wanted to share his excitement of the game, poor guy, what animosity he went received and went through, just because of little things like taking or giving credit. shame shame shame what has this world gone through father? cant we all just get along.
Argle1968 are you still playing? don't let this minor details put you down.

FORMER MILLIONAIRE---" i had a million dollars but i spend it all"
---"i really don't care"
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

ORIGINAL: grrncore

poor Argle1968, he was so excited of the game,edited stadiums, i don't think he made any money on it, i think he just wanted to share his excitement of the game, poor guy, what animosity he went received and went through, just because of little things like taking or giving credit. shame shame shame what has this world gone through father? cant we all just get along.
Argle1968 are you still playing? don't let this minor details put you down.

You are kiddin' right

So its OK to lie, cheat and steal, then be extremely rude when folk you ripped off complain and make out like your the injured party
if so.............. I Agree, what has the world come too
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

I'd like to say a few things ....

I do believe in giving credit were it is due if one knows where to give the credit.  One of the reasons the game did not come with better playbooks was because I was not guaranteed that I would receive credit for them. It was a contentious issue.

On the other hand, there are many derivative items that would not pass legal copyright scrutiny.  Graphics based on scans, artwork and logos from modified existing artwork, stadiums from previous stadium files, and other items are not original.  When I was the moderator here, I asked people about some items that I had seen created by other authors in other formats and modified for Maximum Football without a credit.

When reading this thread, I assumed Argle had modified existing items for use.  I did not believe he created the original artwork or the stadiums.  I do not believe he tried to imply that he had done so. 

I understand that those creating game content would like some credit, and they should get it when posible, but I also would guess that many logos are not hand-drawn from scratch or painted as backdrops with a brush on a blank canvas.  I know for certain that many stadiums use existing art or existing models.  That does not mean that there is no original artwork or models, as we know there are, or that previous mods should not be credited, as they should, it means that it may be a good idea for everyone to look at all of the sources and give credit for anything not created from scratch.
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

That would all be well and good Todd, if I believed it was just an innocent mistake

But when someone emails you asking for stuff - which you freely send
then within a couple of hours they post the exact same thing with just the smallest alteration - claiming they made it from scratch
then stamp their feet because you ask for credit for your work (which was completely my work hand drawn) and then insult you and your work into the bargain

it dont look like a chance mistake anymore

What you see here in this thread isnt the whole story, he knew what he was doing when he sent begging emails for my stuff
then ripping off my work within hours (when I know it took 4 days to make), his intention was and is obvious, too ride my back and ripp of my work

which is exactly why I make stuff now and keep it to myself
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

Mykal, I cannot say either way what his intentions were.  Was he saying that he created this stuff or that he created the end product with stuff that others had made available?  Intentions are difficult to surmise.

I understand what you are saying.  The beta team would spend days tracking down a single bug and then the feedback would be that something else is not working correct.  David would add a feature that the public wanted, and the beta team pressed for, and when it was added there was always something else that was not there.  A lot of work by David and the beta team was just pushed aside without the public seeing what had gone on in the background.

I understand your point about receiving credit.  As I have stated previously, giving a little credit goes a long way.

DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

I was wondering if anybody might still have copies of these stadiums from the 1960`s. My computer that i had the game. Had some big problems. The hard drive got screwed up. I was lucky to have some stuff on flash drives. So i started putting it back on a old win 7 ,i bought. FINDING SOME STUFF DON`T WORK ANY MORE LIKE THE EDITORS OF JD . Also some of stat viewers and such. Keep getting error or files missing and such . Sure miss those , made the game so much better and easier to manage. I did try putting it on window 10 , but it would`nt go. So if any you great gamer`s from past have a those stadiums or ideals would appreciate it. Something about this game , keeps drawing you in. Oh my email is HIHODON@YAHOO.COM
DONMVP

Return to “Graphics Related”