Mission 5: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
GeeBee

Mission 5: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Post by GeeBee »

Hi,

after ending mission 5 I get EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. Also loading any of recent savegames produces the same error immediately after loading. Older savegame seems to work fine.

Erik Rutins

RE: Mission 5: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi GeeBee,

Could you please zip up one of those saved games and post it here or e-mail it to me at erikr@matrixgames.com?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
PhilSST

Post by PhilSST »

I've got the saved game files, but I can only make one of them crash. I can make Save4 crash no problem, but I cannot make Save5 crash. That's the one right at the end of Mission5, with four members of the team at the exit and one just a little distance back. The one at the end of Mission 4, where four members of the team are in the elevator, that one I can reproduce every time.

Is there something particular I have to do when loading this save to make it crash? Hopefully it's the same problem in both saves, but just in case it's not, it would be nice to be able to reproduce both crashes.
GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

Nothing particular. Just loading Save4 or Save5 produces EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION on load screen. Just tried it again. I don't even get into the game to have to do anything for it to crash.

I'll try to reinstall the game and see if the problem persists.

PhilSST

Post by PhilSST »

Ok, well I've fixed a little bug which could have caused a crash in one of the saved games now, so I'll continue testing to see if I can find any common thread between them. If you get any more saved games you suspect of having problems, then by all means send them to me.
GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

Thx. Please fix the Mission 8 bug that prevents me from advancing to the next mission.
PhilSST

Post by PhilSST »

Can you give me any more information on that one? Do you have a saved game which would demonstrate it? I know you said that finishing Mission 8 makes the game crash when loading Mission 9, but that's not *always* the case so there may be something specific to the way you completed Mission 8.
GeeBee

Post by GeeBee »

I've already sent you a savegame regarding Mission 8 problem yesterday (Save3.zip attached). Do you want me to send it again?

What I did in Mission 8? Killed most of zombies, not all. Emptied all of the crates. Played it slow so it was a lot of turns before ending. I'll try to replay Mission 8 in some different way.

Thx.
PhilSST

Post by PhilSST »

I have just received your email now, thanks for that. I will investigate and get back to you shortly. 

Return to “Tech Support”