Strike on Damascus

Post descriptions and reports of your brilliant successes and unfortunate defeats here.
Kevin Verssen

Strike on Damascus

Post by Kevin Verssen »

Syrian - Mission
Commander’s Log
Our task force is the first in Syria waters. We’re going to have to handle things on our own for a few days until the other task forces can sail into range. We have been told that the war has gotten out of hand and the Syrians are starting to mount an offensive. I have been given the job of taking out key targets along the coast.

Attachments
diffilcutyscreen.jpg
diffilcutyscreen.jpg (198.8 KiB) Viewed 282 times
Kevin Verssen

RE: Strike on Damascus

Post by Kevin Verssen »

Due to the time constraints and lack of other carriers in the area, this campaign will call for our very best efforts. I hope our squadron is skilled enough to meet this challenge.

Attachments
pilotselection.jpg
pilotselection.jpg (162.68 KiB) Viewed 282 times
Kevin Verssen

Post by Kevin Verssen »

With great regret, command had me send as many pilots as possible to the target. Having the skilled and veteran pilots with me will help, but those noobs and greens (that’s what ace’s call them) will slow us down.

Attachments
targetselect.jpg
targetselect.jpg (188.98 KiB) Viewed 283 times
Kevin Verssen

Post by Kevin Verssen »

Command finally gave us our target, the Capitol! They told us it would be big, but I didn’t know it would be the capitol.

Attachments
missionprep.jpg
missionprep.jpg (181.95 KiB) Viewed 282 times
Kevin Verssen

Post by Kevin Verssen »

The mission will be flown tomorrow so we have to make sure our pilots get a good sleep.
Well, our pilots are ready and will be suited up in a few hours. We made sure to give them a good briefing about the mission.

Attachments
pilotarming.jpg
pilotarming.jpg (176.34 KiB) Viewed 282 times
Kevin Verssen

Post by Kevin Verssen »

With all of my pilots armed and ready to fly, they will be flying early in the morning under enemy radar. I hope they will be over the capitol by the time the enemy realizes what happened. That is best-case scenario. I have all of my confidence in my pilots that they will complete this mission completely and successively. There was no doubt in my mind we would pull off this mission successfully.

Attachments
TBE.jpg
TBE.jpg (188.17 KiB) Viewed 282 times
Kevin Verssen

Post by Kevin Verssen »

On our way to the target, we flew over a bridge that was being used by their army. I called it in. The carrier will launch a mission to take it out later today.

Attachments
Targetevent.jpg
Targetevent.jpg (194.9 KiB) Viewed 282 times
Kevin Verssen

Post by Kevin Verssen »

Thanks to our bridge fly-over, they knew we were coming. They just managed to get a few bandits off the runway before we came. We knew it was going to be a tough mission. There was not much we could do about that, we just had to hope that U.S. missiles, bombs, and a little luck would pull through.

Attachments
missionfailure.jpg
missionfailure.jpg (194.74 KiB) Viewed 282 times
Kevin Verssen

Post by Kevin Verssen »

I’ve been staring at the images beamed back from the Hawkeye for one full minute not believing what I see. I thought the target would be destroyed or worse. I see less than half of my pilots in the air barely alive. They were struggling just to take out the outer defenses! It should have been a hit-and-run operation but they were going after the sites! Never mind that some of them got shot down!!! We may be able to recover them, but the possibility is slim. There is almost no hope for my pilots to survive.
I have ordered a few recon missions. The pilots are presumed dead. We haven’t even found the crashed planes. Those men died for an almost no reason. They failed their mission. Our carrier air group will be pulled back and all honors we could have obtained have been lost. I will need to write letters to their families and say the pilots were MIA. Say that they are being looked for while they read this. There is not much more I can put in this log to fulfill the pilot’s lives.

Return to “After Action Reports”