Bugs and problems under Vista

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
zarek

Bugs and problems under Vista

Post by zarek »

Hi,

really like this game and it works great apart from some minor things I found:

1) Units missing in "NATO Order of Battle" in scenario: West German I Corp > Scen 3 - Back to Town (v1.1)
The units:
2A Co / 2nd / 6th AHR
3A Co / 2nd / 6th AHR
appears to have the wrong parent name set. (and why are the scenarios password protected anyway?)

2) Kills not registered
Played as Nato and after battle detected that Soviet off-map Battery Chemical Attack kills didn't report in "Tac ops Center Diary" > "Kills and Claims..." but was included in "Staff summary" victory points calculation. Sorry, no save...

3) "About" dialog under Vista
The background part showing credits have the map as background (at startup has windows desktop as background)

4) Crash in FPG under Vista after starting scenario
Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Pattern was type REG_DWORD in Vista but FPG expected type REG_SZ, why does FPG even look at this key?

5) Minor details in Scenario Descriptions
a) British Army of the Rhine > Scen 5
Date appears wrong, May 9th is not Day 5
b) US V Corps > Scen 4
According to date should be before Scen 3?

/zarek
zarek

RE: Bugs and problems under Vista

Post by zarek »

No replys but hopefully someone is reading this...

6) Units missing in "NATO Order of Battle" in scenario: West Germany III Corps > Scen 1 - Ardennes Revisited (v1.1)
The unit:
"HQ / Pz 341" wrongly named "HQ / 341 Pz" (all subunits missing in "Nato Order of Battle")

7) West Germany III Corps > Scen 1 - Ardennes Revisited (v1.1)
Mission Briefing > Order of battle
a) Panzergrenadier Battalion 342
    shows 3 platoons in each company, but on map has 4
b) Panzer Battalion 344
    shows 3 Tank companies, but on map only 2

8) West Germany I Corps > Scen 3 - Back to Town (v1.1)
Mission Briefing > Order of battle
a) Panzer Battalion 211
    Recon unit missing

/zarek
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

zarek,

Sorry, I missed your earlier post. I roll thought the forum about once a day and FPG was quiet for a while. As to your points...

1. Scenarios are password protected to keep folks from tampering with them for PBEM or network games.

Fixed scenario errors for #1, #6, #7, #8, #5a, #5b is okay scen numbers are what they are for now.

The reporting bug was fixed and must have broken again. We'll look into it.

Vista is a whole new ball game. Rob and I are slowly getting into Vista and its many issues (in fact my laptop with Vista just arrived 2 weeks ago and I haven't had any time to play with it. We will be looking into it as we work on the next game. If you can post the fpg_report.txt on the vista errors it would help us out.

Thanks for the info.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
zarek

Post by zarek »

Great,

4) Didn't find a fpg_report.txt file but copied the text from the error dialog that popped up (see the enclosed attachment). This is on a clean install of Vista Ultimate 32bits (OEM).

9) Just a note regarding playing in Vista: the "Line of Fire from Attacker to Defender" are, at certain angles, drawn too thick

Looking forward for your next game,

/zarek
Attachments
fpg_report.txt
(14.62 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

zarek,

I have the same Vista version on my new laptop. The file you copied will be a big help in trouble shooting for Vista. I can see the issue and I'm sure Rob (Lead Programmer) will be able to look into a fix for it. As for #9 I'll have to load up and play later and see what it is doing. I should be able to post the updated scenarios in a few days if not sooner.

Thanks again for the inputs.

zarek

Post by zarek »

Hi again,

realize that you have your hands full with the new game, but was hoping you could post the updated scenarios for us.

/zarek
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

zarek,

Yep, busy with work (60 hours), game work, family etc. I'm running off to work now in fact, but I'll post the scenarios first thing when I get back in later this afternoon.

Sorry for the delay.

CapnDarwin

Updated Scenarios

Post by CapnDarwin »

Here are the updated Scenario files.

Enjoy. [:D]
Attachments
FPGScenar..e9jun07.zip
(24.97 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

zarek

RE: Updated Scenarios

Post by zarek »

Hi,

thanks for updating the scenarios, it was appreciated!

I read that you are working on a new update for FPG so I thought I should add one more thing that I found while playing the game:

10) In scenario: US V Corps > Scen 3 - A Few Good Choppers, I found that the Soviet air defense units attached to HQ / 28 GTR didn't move at all under the game and that I could destroy the soviet tanks without any losses of my own. I realize that you are not going to fix the ai, but perhaps placing the air defense units under the sub-hq of the tank battalions will make them move forward. (Another option would be to add air defense unit to the hq unit of each battalion). As it stands now is hardly any fun without almost any opposition.

/zarek
CapnDarwin

RE: Updated Scenarios

Post by CapnDarwin »

We are working on a new game right now and I have noted to Rob that the AD units need to move with the main body force to supply cover. I can look at fixing the scenario by moving AD units into the local HQ's. I'll see what I can whip up.
[;)]

Return to “Flashpoint Germany Support”