Lost Victories Mod Project Op.Weserubung Chapter beta

Share scenarios and mods with other players here.
neiljoven

Lost Victories Mod Project Op.Weserubung Chapter beta

Post by neiljoven »

Dear Community and Developers,
I post herewith the first beta version of my project of a reworked Grand Campaign. It is meant for Axis player against AI. The first chapter is dedicated to Op.Weserubung.

This beta contains a custom event file in the folder, that replaces the original event_02_germany.xml. You don't need to move anything, as this file is pointed from within the folder. Therefore, herewith the instructions:

1) Unzip and copy the folder in the data/scenarios folder. Don't replace any file of the original game, every modification is self-contained (at least I think so).
2) You can use your favorite graphics customizations. The land units OOB is only minimally changed. Some commanders are changed as well.

Note: this game is in beta, but I should say it is rather an alpha version.: )Please be patient. I have played several times the campaign and as far as I could check it is stable...feedback is welcomed.

IMPORTANT: leave free the axes around rostok, hamburg and kiel. All the troops you need for the invasion will be provided by the program and some will appear there. Don't purchase AIP ; ) Don't upgrade units (to korps), don't send extra units in Norway, you should be able to make the campaign with the force pool provided.
Rebuild the units strenght is obviously allowed... Airplanes deployment should be left to Luftwaffe wills ; ) attacks to yours...

There is a certain level of game play mechanization, it is rather experimental, but to me it worked to complete the Norway campaign in about 12 turns. The campaign goal is to recreate a certain historical flow to the limits of the game hard code and of my knowledge. Before you start it, I would suggest you have a short reading of at least the timeline of the Norwegian Campaign to know the reasons of some choices. Some cities are added. All are important. Except Alesund.
When you will receive the message of Op.Weserubung you can start putting at sea the first units... good luck.

If you don't want to wait until March to see the event fire: just change the date on event ID 20003 (around the end of the lostvictories.xml file to 15 10 1939, and right after fall weiss you will be ready to attack Norway.

Thanks for any feedback, observation, and constructive criticizm.
If you want make the timeline of completion of the several objectives to know how it did work for you.
Best regards to you all.
Attachments
1939Lost..iesv0.2.zip
(751.97 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
doomtrader

RE: Lost Victories Mod Project Op.Weserubung Chapter beta

Post by doomtrader »

I must play that this weekend
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

[&o]

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
jfk2

Post by jfk2 »

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Return to “Scenarios and Mods”