Barry-Brian #1

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises
wga8888

Barry-Brian #1

Post by wga8888 »

We started a #19-200% game in the same timeline as my others. Experienced a unintentional CV battle in mid may as my USN carriers were travelling NE from Rockingham to Townsville for later air support of an intended supply TF to PM. A few hexes of the coast, just outside the reef an Battle of Coral Sea ensued. As typically, the USN resolved its simulataneous attacks first. Three packets of planes, typically 3 F$F and 12 SBD at range attacked with all planes being splashed by the 30 zero CAP. No damage was inflicted. Two IJN attacks, typically 20 zeros, 40 bombers, fought through the intially 25 F4Fs sinking both USN CVs with both bombs and torpedos. Having experienced the what I consider the fallacy of scenario 17, 19, and 200% ship committemetns. I conceded this game as already have two on this path. [Interesting situation using the UCV system but not simulating War in The South Pacific]

We replaced it with a #16-100 but opponent lost interest due to slow pace of 1 turn/day. Schedule conflict as Barry was available during am, and I in the limited to the late pm.
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]

Return to “After Action Reports”