A 1.07 Nuke Fluke

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: doomtrader

Omnius

A 1.07 Nuke Fluke

Post by Omnius »

I was playing the new 1945 scenario with the "unofficial" 1.07 patch doomtrader provided last weekend before Matrix got the official 1.07 patch up. I was having fun using my nukes as the Allies with the new reduced nuclear effects and ran into a problem. I think it was turn 37 when I had my USA strategic bomber two hexes due west of Ankara. It was in good supply from the rail line running from Europe to Turkey which I owned all of.

There was a Soviet tank army in Sevastopol and I had a tank army adjacent so I could easily see my target. I was going to use my nuke to clear Sevastopol so I could walk in with my USA tank army. When I atomic bombed the Sevastopol hex the game crashed to desktop. I tried several times to nuke this one unit and each time I got the dreaded CTD. So I switched targets to another Soviet tank army in between Ankara and Beirut which was even stronger.

On turn 41 just for laughs I tried nuking that Soviet tank army in Sevastopol after moving my strategic bomber to near Voronezh. Sure enough it worked just fine. I had to restore the save because I wanted to take out the much bigger tank army sitting in Sverdlovsk. I used tactical bombers, shore bombardment and carrier air power to reduce the Soviet tank army at Sevastopol so I could eliminate it on turn 41.

I hope that the bug that allows us to click on unseen enemy hexes in fog of war will be fixed so we don't see blank unit boxes pop up in hexes that contain unseen enemy units and disappear when empty hexes are clicked on.
Omnius
Omnius

Saved Game File

Post by Omnius »

doomtrader,
Here's a copy of the saved game file.
Omnius
Attachments
NukeFluke.zip
(240.21 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

Return to “Tech Support”