My continued building issues

Trade tips and tricks, workarounds maps, and graphics mods. Why certain scenarios or campaigns are favorites, or how to improve stinkers. Attach your work to share/critique.

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Lost_LT

My continued building issues

Post by Lost_LT »

Still working on my III/Nordland/5.SS Wiking campaign in the South Caucasus, for those who remember me asking annoying questions a while back. Anyway, here's my current predicament: I'm attempting to get the AI to move some of its forces. I've tried the following:

-setting up objectives for both sides (I want the AI to decide how to get there)
-setting up objectives for the AI only (I want the AI to decide how to get there)
-setting up objectives for the AI's formations

I originally tried making the scenario as a human advance. Thinking the AI might be wanting to do a static defense, I wiped the scenario and rebuilt it as a meeting engagement, with no change. The AI will not move when he sees the human player's units, nor will it when the human player has seized an objective.

What might be causing this?

Thanks,
Lost_LT
Alby

RE: My continued building issues

Post by Alby »

did you restart from scratch when you tried it as a meeting?

Lost_LT

Post by Lost_LT »

Yep, I've learned my lessons in modding other games enough to know that when you run into a brick wall, sometimes you just have to start 100% over. So I tried that but had no success.

I'm absolutely mystified. I'd be grateful for any assistance.

Thanks,
Adam
Alby

Post by Alby »

I would ask around at http://www.spwaw.com or at http://enhanced.freeforums.org/
alot more eyes will see your problems and alot more knowledegable people as well.

Lost_LT

Post by Lost_LT »

Okay, will do. Thanks for the input.
tracer

Post by tracer »

ORIGINAL: Lost_LT

Still working on my III/Nordland/5.SS Wiking campaign in the South Caucasus, for those who remember me asking annoying questions a while back. Anyway, here's my current predicament: I'm attempting to get the AI to move some of its forces. I've tried the following:

-setting up objectives for both sides (I want the AI to decide how to get there)
-setting up objectives for the AI only (I want the AI to decide how to get there)
-setting up objectives for the AI's formations

I originally tried making the scenario as a human advance. Thinking the AI might be wanting to do a static defense, I wiped the scenario and rebuilt it as a meeting engagement, with no change. The AI will not move when he sees the human player's units, nor will it when the human player has seized an objective.

What might be causing this?

Thanks,
Lost_LT

What is the stance of these AI units? If the scenario has the AI defending/delaying you'll need to go into the HQ-screen (or the unit's info-screen) and toggle those units to 'advance' (A)**.

Then check the 'reaction turn' setting for those formations; if the AI is defending/delaying then all units are set to turn-99 by default (i.e.: ordered not to move) ...so any formations that you want to 'advance' during the scenario will need to have their reaction turn changed. Its a bit tricky because you'll need to estimate/predict when the human player will 'reach' that particular area.

**two things to watch for:
--if the units are deployed more than 3 hexes apart the game may decide some are 'out of contact' (if the 'stance' doesn't change when you click on it, that's why). The 'fix' is to temporarily move the unit adjacent to the formation-leader, change its stance, then move it back.

--If you save & reopen the scenario all of the units that you changed will revert back to their default stance. So you'll need to re-apply the changes before making the final 'save'.
Jim NSB ImageImage

Return to “SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns”