Patton's Wish Comes True!

With over 7000 threads, a lot great material lies buried in the Darkest Reaches. These represent what the community has agreed are some of the best SP:WaW threads to date.

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Goblin

Post by Goblin »

hellcat's 160mm mortars, and my 155mm SPA's are murdering anything not encased in metal. The casualties just keep scrolling up the screen!:eek:

Another T34-85 died, and a T44 died also, but I BONKed 7 90mm tanks rounds off it first! At a range of 5 or so hexes! Some from the side!

Goblin- A Goblin seeks a bomb shelter:mad:
Capt. Pixel

Post by Capt. Pixel »

Originally posted by Goblin
Now its time for the Russian tanks to die. hellcat seems unfamiliar with the T95 105mm GMC. I'm introducing him.
Make sure you keep some real tanks near that beast. The T95s need all the protection they can get! :D
"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson
hellcat

Post by hellcat »

why is that Capt. Pixel??? tell me more... :)

scored a couple more kills including a Pershing down South... Goblin really has eaten up some ground but we're ready for him and my arty really hurt some this round... pshht (glug glug, mmm that whoopaski tastes good!) :D

you want some?
Goblin

Post by Goblin »

Don't drink and fight, hellcat. Another T34-85 has been made into a convertible. I found a crapload of infantry this round, and have taken appropriate measures.... (the measurement was 155mm!):D

Goblin- A Goblin just got a keg of whoopass! Tsssssst!
hellcat

Post by hellcat »

captured bazooka blows up Pershing :eek:

I stupidly moved (and subsequently lost) two tanks who moved into the firing line of Gobs tanks... oh well, plenty more where they came from.

The town (North centre) is being flushed of imperialist pig presence.

There will be no mercy green one
Goblin

Post by Goblin »

I have advanced a good deal this turn. From a hilltop in the center, I have a wonderful view of hellcat's halftracks ferrying Paras to the front! Fancy that! Boom.Boom.Boom.

I dealt with a 34-85, and have spotted more enemy armor near the town. Oh, yes....

Surprise coming up, hellcat. You ready?:D

Goblin- A Goblin is eager:mad:
hellcat

Post by hellcat »

another Pershing goes up near the town :), which is becoming 'our town' more and more it seems.

Goblin is sat in his beauty spot watching us with impudence, we'll soon take care of that.

what's the surprise????

**** rangers no doubt??
Goblin

Post by Goblin »

Good armor duel that round. I gave far worse than I got, with kills on 152's, and IS tanks!

I had a Chaffee just explode, never told me why. Just DESTROYED. I checked F5, nothing. On my turn too.

hellcat, for the love of all that's good, give up! My surprise is here, but if you surrender, I won't be forced to use it. :eek:

Goblin- A Goblin begs
hellcat

Post by hellcat »

surrender - you must be joking! Just because you're moving forward at last (Goblin has been pinned back for some time but is now advancing and making good progress in the South). Most of my forward tanks have had their main guns shot out already so no great loss to us. Please bring on this 'secret weapon' americanski!
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Hey you guys are actually playing like real cold war enemys.

America threatens with bluffs to try and keep peace and Russia belittles Americans acomplishments to keep the peace on the homefront.

Amazing how PBEM games mimic real life.
Goblin

Post by Goblin »

Slow round. I lost a couple tanks to a gaggle of five or six AFV's crowded into three hexes, with three in the same hex! Juicy arty target!

Goblin- A Goblin has little to report
hellcat

Post by hellcat »

Ha! The Americanski on 'Beauty spot hill' have been all but destroyed, they will have to find another viewpoint to survey the glorious people's army!

In the North we have even picked off one of their precious GMC arty pieces! :eek:

There appears to be more Americans rushing into the town once again as well as on the road south, thankfully our Paratroopers were waiting for them in the bushes!

The Red Bear will triumph!! :D
Goblin

Post by Goblin »

My arty hit back, killing a TD! Suck that, commie. Uh, thats all....:(

Goblin- A Goblin is steadfast
hellcat

Post by hellcat »

so far Goblin has made little progress in the Northern sector (the woods north of the town).... however that may all change with his next push and could be a deciding factor to this battle.

There is still some fighting around the town and some of my units are now pushing to the North East of it.

Beauty spot hill has one American tank on it, which just took out a T44 I sent up there :(.

In the South things have been standing off for a while since Goblin's advance (which peaked in the centre at Beauty spot hill). There appears to be an uncertain amount of dead ground between us here and so far nobody has initiated contact. Arty is still raining down quite heavily on both sides...
Goblin

Post by Goblin »

Originally posted by hellcat
There appears to be an uncertain amount of dead ground between us here and so far nobody has initiated contact. Arty is still raining down quite heavily on both sides...
Thats it this round. I took out an immobilized 152, also. Mainly just the rumble of guns.

Goblin- A Goblins pondering
hellcat

Post by hellcat »

There's US infantry and armor in the woods to the North of the town... expect a clash soon.

Infantry are still fighting in the town itself, although it has moved over to the East side.

Beauty Spot hill is clear once more with the killing of the last hellcat (man I hate writing that!).

Still no contact in the South...
Goblin

Post by Goblin »

Just light contact, mostly infantry, north of town. Lots of steel still arcing through the air.

Goblin- A Goblin tightens his chin strap:mad:
hellcat

Post by hellcat »

it's looking like the endgame will soon begin... Fighting in and around the town is intensifying now....
Goblin

Post by Goblin »

Let's rock, commie.

Goblin- A Goblin squints down the sights
hellcat

Post by hellcat »

we blew a chaffee off a hill and took out yet another hellcat in the north... this is it americanski, surrender now! :mad:

Return to “SPWaW Thread Hall of Fame”