Changing Equipment in Existing Scenarios

This forum is intended for questions on scenario and campaign design, including the random scenario and campaign systems. This is also the location to upload and post your latest new scenarios and campaigns.

Moderator: rickier65

solops

Changing Equipment in Existing Scenarios

Post by solops »

I want to change the equipment of an existing platoon from PzII to Pz III but I am unable to do so in the scenario editor. It seem like this would be fairly simple, but so far the seemingly obvious methods have not worked. Will someone please tell me how to do this?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
solops

RE: Changing Equipment in Existing Scenarios

Post by solops »

This is quite frustrating. Apparently it is not possible to change the equipment of an existing unit in a scenario. Instead, I have to delete the unit and then create a new unit in its place with the new equipment. This seems wrong.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
rickier65

RE: Changing Equipment in Existing Scenarios

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: solops

This is quite frustrating. Apparently it is not possible to change the equipment of an existing unit in a scenario. Instead, I have to delete the unit and then create a new unit in its place with the new equipment. This seems wrong.

This is how the scenario editor works. Sorry it's frustrating. What I usually do is create the new unit with the equipment you want first. Place it over the top of the first on the map. Then copy the name of the units it's replacing and paste it over the new unit name. Then delete the original unit.

Then save scenario with different filename.

You could also use a text editor and open the scenario file in Data/Scenarios. Find the unit you want to change equipment for and then change the unitid for that unit. You needc to make sure that the unitID matches a unit type element in the unit.xml file. It is NOT necessarily the same as the unit.xml filename

Thanks
Rick

Return to “Scenarios and Campaigns”