Calvary vs Artillery?

Share advice on strategies and tactics here.

Moderator: Gil R.

htuna

Calvary vs Artillery?

Post by htuna »

What is the best way to approach this... I move the Calvary on the flank... I take a hit of 140 something.. enemy only takes a hit of 40 something.... I move to the rear (Cannon's facing away) and I take a hit of 300 something.. Arty again only 40 something.. my units have Spencer Rifles... is there something wrong here? should I be charging instead.. I think I take high casualties then as well..

I would think if Artillery is attacked in the flank or rear by calvary, it would be very vulnerable, as it would be very hard to bring the guns to bear quickly enough!
terje439

RE: Calvary vs Artillery?

Post by terje439 »

What difficulty level? Are you CAV brigade low on strength? If you have spencers and attack on close range it sounds like you had some bad dice rolls.

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
htuna

RE: Calvary vs Artillery?

Post by htuna »

think it's intermediate.. with a few extra options turned on.. seems like Calvary always get's slaughtered against Arty.. I could understand frontal assault.. grapeshot and all.. but from the side and rear!

with the spencers, they do seem to do exceptionally well against infantry as opposed to lighter armed Calvary

Return to “The War Room”