Typos and Errors in Game-Used Bios

Call for Volunteers! This sub-forum is devoted to our ongoing project of researching and
writing brief biographical sketches of all 1000 Civil War generals, each
of whom has a chance of appearing when one plays "Forge of Freedom."
Players are invited to participate in providing info for these bios, which will be added to the game by means of patches, as they are
written.

Moderator: Gil R.

Gil R.

Typos and Errors in Game-Used Bios

Post by Gil R. »

It's been suggested that we have a thread for any mistakes people find in bios that are already in the game. Please let me know of anything you find.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
cerosenberg

RE: Typos and Errors in Game-Used Bios

Post by cerosenberg »

Does this include differences in opinion or is it limited only to facts?
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Good question. I'd prefer that differences of opinion go in the thread for that bio (as well as any especially important info that might have been left out). Even if a bio is in the game, I'm willing to revisit it if there is sufficient reason to do so.

One thing to keep in mind regarding stuff people might want to see added is that the maximum size for a bio is 3900 characters, so if a bio's at that length I'm almost certain not to make any unnecessary changes.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

I don't remember off the top of my head, I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure WS Hancock does'nt have a homestate in the game info... pretty sure it is him.
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Dez caught it
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

You're right. He was from Pennsylvania, so I'm not sure why that's missing. I'll fix it.
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

Sounds good.

Dez caught it
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

sooo... Meade, Hancock, and Reynolds were all from Pennsylvania, and all fought at Gettysburg together... interesting

Dez caught it
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

Just thought of this "Tattered Volunteers" Bio....the majority was captured at Ft. Donelson NOT Nashville. Also Quite a few were captured at Island 10. Will post actual transcript from letter from my GG Grandfather concerning this
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

here is the reference

Camp Chase Ohio,   April 21st 1862
Dear Brother
I am in very good helth 15 of ous in a mess all tolerabel well with the exception of Capt John Stuart of Morgan Co. I have had mups I was vaxenated it had vary good effect we have sinc the first of this mont 4 cases of small pox but one cosose in this prisen at this time non have died as yet with the above desese sevrel death sinc the first of March Doc John Huston the only on of my acquantenc which have rote back severel times. I git leters from the other boys at Camp Dugless they have all bin sic 2 have died. A. J. Braden died 12th of March Green Harper died 5th of this inst the boys say they ar vary well treated but anxious to git home they all have rote home. Myself & wess right one or two leters every weak we no not whether aney of them gits home we her from our field officers often they ar at fort waren our Maj McAlexander is probably exchnge we hir of the fite at Corinth & Pittsburg Jackson Moss with them 3000 men was captured ner iland No. 10. They officers brout to this prisen som priseners captured ner Corinth was broat her in in persen. I have not got thor names but think I will in a day or tow. Robert Clark & Wren both ar doing prety well all of ous garding aganst small pox. Thar has bin 2 Geters com her from Ala one from morgan County one from Maderson Co. I have made severel recquesitions for clothing. I am giting pirty sor it is favorable for me to git clothing in a day or to.
  To close,
  prisen No 8, mess 58,
  Peter Barker
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re