Manual with pictures and nation power tweaking?

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

ptan54

Manual with pictures and nation power tweaking?

Post by ptan54 »

This might seem to be an unreasonable request, since COGEE is out. But I haven't been on these forums for 2 years, and recently came back after I saw COGEE came out.

COG 1.2.26 had two unresolved issues (minor ones):

1) The 1.2.26 patch removed the ability to + or - power to the 8 starting nations, which was in 1.2.25. Can this be fixed please? This was in version 1.0 so it can't be that hard to put it back to what it was...

2) The manual was updated in 1.2.25 without the pics. Would it be possible to come out with a "final" version of this manual?

I know the devs have more pressing things to do like COGEE but I am guessing these 2 issues shouldn't take that long to fix? That would make COG "complete" at last.
ericbabe

RE: Manual with pictures and nation power tweaking?

Post by ericbabe »

Are the power buttons really not working in 1.2.26?  Darn: I thought I'd fixed them for that version.  We don't have a COG patch planned at this point -- will have to see whether a hole opens in our schedule.  (Even very small patches take a lot of work because they must be tested by many people on many machines, then the installer must be tested by many people on many machines.)

Adding the images back to the revised manual text is actually quite a bit of work.  If anyone would like to volunteer to do this, we'd be happy to distribute it.
ptan54

RE: Manual with pictures and nation power tweaking?

Post by ptan54 »

Would this be done by tweaking around with a word version of the manual?

Yea as far as I can see on the start screen the +- buttons for power are missing in 1.2.26.

Return to “Crown of Glory”