64mb Video Card absolutely necessary

A turn-based, simultaneous-play wargame with a classic 3D miniatures feel and a historical campaign.
lparkh

64mb Video Card absolutely necessary

Post by lparkh »

Was getting interested in buying this game. I have a pentium IV but only 32 mb video card. Really won't run without 64mb v card?
Deride

RE: 64mb Video Card absolutely necessary

Post by Deride »

Officially, the game requires a 64mb video card. Anything lower, and the performance of the game might be slow enough that it becomes unplayable.

With that said, however, we have had a number of folks with 32mb cards play the game, and they were ok with the results.

Deride
mbelew

Post by mbelew »

I would like to add that a hard requirement is that it is DirectX 9 compatible. Most of the NVIDIA and Radeon cards are.
Marshall
koiosworks

Post by koiosworks »

I've also seen 64M video cards as cheap at $29-39 dollars so it is a pretty cheap upgrade. 128M cards are becoming the norm and so the 64M cards are clearence items mostly
lparkh

Post by lparkh »

NOt when you have a laptop :-)
Brigz

Post by Brigz »

I just bought a Pent IV with integrated graphics on the motherboard that can use up to 224 megs graphics out of 512 megs of total ram depending on need. Will this run TS: Alexander and Caesar adequately? I'm waiting to buy a dedicated graphics card untill I know what I want.
“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”
Deride

Post by Deride »

Dave,

I suggest that you run a DxDiag and either post the stats here or mail it to support@koiosworks.com. We can take a look and make sure that you are good to go with what you have. It is really hard to guess what an integrated graphics card will be able to handle.

Deride

Return to “Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great”