Weird Event Cards choice

Victory and Glory: Napoleon is a game of grand strategy and fast-play tactical battles where you take the role of Napoleon Bonaparte and attempt to dominate the entire continent of Europe.
Admiral Delabroglio

Weird Event Cards choice

Post by Admiral Delabroglio »

Hello

According to the manual, there is only 1 "Storms" card.

At the end of a turn, I got the choice between 2 "Storms" cards. I can pick only one, so there is no way that my hand might storm up with two of them, but shouldn't the game pick 2 different cards (including two possible different instances of the same card if there are several of them in the deck) and give the choice, rather than pick one amont the possible ones, then another one in the same deck without excluding the first one ?

It might have an effect, although a marginal one, on the game. It skews the probabilities of getting this or that card.

Sorry, I did not take a screen shot, I noticed it could be an unintended effect when checking the rules after the choice was past. Or maybe it was simpler to program and had a limited effect on the game. But it definitely would feel weird to be given the choice between "Tilsit 1" and "Tilsit 2"

It is depressing to see how few readers there are. I really wish this gem of a game would attract enough players to ensure a version 2 or a DLC extending the choices, and I fear the "Someday" land might remain out of sight because of bothersome sound business decisions.

Best regards
Admiral Delabroglio
mercenarius

Re: Weird Event Cards choice

Post by mercenarius »

No screenshot needed, and thanks for the report! There are two Storms at Sea Event Cards. That is why you saw a choice of two of the same card. Perhaps there should only be one. The manual does state that there is only one. I'll talk to Glenn about how to resolve this. Probably we'll keep the game as it is and update the manual.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
Admiral Delabroglio

Post by Admiral Delabroglio »

Hello

If you update the manual, perhaps you should also correct the rating for Soult, who is written to be a 7 rated leader in the manual, but who is an 8 rated one in the game

Best regards
Admiral Delabroglio
mercenarius

Post by mercenarius »

At some point, we'll update the manual to reflect these changes. I am not sure when we'll do an update. There are a couple of bugs to correct.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC

Return to “Victory and Glory: Napoleon”