Barbarossa 2.0 AKA Nato vs Putler

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
BigDuke66

Barbarossa 2.0 AKA Nato vs Putler

Post by BigDuke66 »

Hi
was just wondering if anyone works on a NATO versus Putler scenario.
Would really like to see how fast the bear can be slayed in his cave.
sPzAbt653

Re: Barbarossa 2.0 AKA Nato vs Putler

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Do you mean 'NATO-Russia 2022'? AKA PAX RUSSICA 2022 - 'These things happen slowly, then all at once'.
cathar1244

Post by cathar1244 »

Not sure TOAW would be a good platform for that simulation. Lots of politics and economic effects involved.

Cheers
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I can agree with that, although I think the military aspect can be done in a basic way. I used the map below to put together such a scenario [sorry I can't think off the top of my head who did the map]. However, once the scenario was outlined I sat and waited for developments in Ukraine but these stagnated and I haven't worked on it for almost a year now. It will eventually need Theater Options and Events to simulate the Political and Economic aspects. As it stands now, NATO entry is triggered early on, but I have only run it for the first 16 turns to see how it goes.

EDIT: Just remembered, this is the FitE2 map, with kind permission from Doc for its' use. :D
Attachments
RUKJump.png
RUKJump.png (253.01 KiB) Viewed 364 times
kutaycosar

Post by kutaycosar »

You mean Nazo vs Russia? I have my doubts that it will not end like the first one.
Attachments
main-qimg-b5041b4e7c60a6b30501426b1c7d444c.jpg
main-qimg-b5041b4e7c60a6b30501426b1c7d444c.jpg (102.35 KiB) Viewed 136 times
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Regarding 2022+ ... I know that in 1941 the German High command was not informed of the 14 million Soviet reserves, which ruined the whole thing for them, but in my research for 2022 plus, I have come across no such reserves for the Russians. It would seem to be a cakewalk for the NATO forces to eliminate the modern-day puny Russian military. Or am I the current equivalent of OKW/OKH in 1941?
cathar1244

Post by cathar1244 »

sPzAbt653 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:16 pm Regarding 2022+ ... I know that in 1941 the German High command was not informed of the 14 million Soviet reserves, which ruined the whole thing for them, but in my research for 2022 plus, I have come across no such reserves for the Russians. It would seem to be a cakewalk for the NATO forces to eliminate the modern-day puny Russian military. Or am I the current equivalent of OKW/OKH in 1941?
The Russians probably have a bunch of men that got basic training but not much more. That is part of the reason we see the carnage in Ukraine today; the Russians are replaying World War One to some extent and Putin is gambling that a replay of 1917 won't happen. Question is, how much usable equipment do the Russians have to reasonably equip the men who got basic training? Again, from the looks of Ukraine, they seem to have equipment availability issues, although they can concentrate enough functional forces on a given area of the front line to conduct limited offensives.

But defeating the Russian military isn't the only challenge. NATO's problem would be exerting enough influence in Russia in the wake of a defeat of the Russian state. Any invasion of Russia will fire up the Rodina patriotism of the average Russians and there would be irregular warfare all over the place. NATO doesn't have the manpower to keep that under control, thus NATO would need the support of a majority or at least plurality of the Russians to keep basic order.

Cheers
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Thanks for those details, it is interesting. If I were NATO in 2022 I would represent myself as rescuing the Russian people from Putins regime. Have your own country for once in your history Russia!

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”