Defending France- Possible?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.
The Land

RE: Defending France- Possible?

Post by The Land »

ORIGINAL: El_Condoro

Are the Italians doing anything or have they decided their partner is not doing so well and stayed out?

So I've loaded up the save from this game against the AI and in March 41 there were Italians attacking Toulon and Grenoble, with 5 French units holding them off. There had been no Italian attack into North Africa at this point.

By April 1942 the Afrika Corps had taken El Alamein, the Italians had been pocketed around Nice by a French advance to Turin and Monaco, Spain was at 95% mobilisation - but the Russians had overrun East Prussia and the British had taken the Ruhr Valley.
1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

So you loaded the game at the start of the attack on France or from the point represented here where the Axis are obviously beat?

It would be interesting to try this strategy against a high level AI starting from the beginning.
The Land

Post by The Land »

ORIGINAL: PvtBenjamin

So you loaded the game at the start of the attack on France or from the point represented here where the Axis are obviously beat?

So I had one game where I played through from Sept 39 to March 42, using this strategy. I'm saying what happened at various points of it.

If I have time I'll try it again with the AI on a harder setting!
1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

Great thanks. It would interesting to do an AAR if you have time. Again I wouldn't recommend it for a PBEM game but it might be fun vs AI.

Return to “The War Room”