Strange deployment bug

Strategic Command WWII World at War Tech Support
El_Condoro

Strange deployment bug

Post by El_Condoro »

I have never seen this before and have no idea why it occurred. Using the latest version of WaW and the Orb & Crown mod (single-player as Axis/Adversaries). I saved the turn (attached)

The image attached shows a unit in the bottom left that has deployed directly to that hex (Uluvin) even though:
  • Its home country is Ironlord on the other side of the sea
  • The resource has supply of 2 (not shown in the image but checked)
  • Unless it can teleport (it can't), it has no way of getting to that hex
There had been another country's unit in that hex that was destroyed but the hex not occupied.

Strange behaviour image
ORB & CROWN Fantasy Warfare Mod for Strategic Command
Download for War in Europe or World at War - YouTube - Discord
Hubert Cater

Re: Strange deployment bug

Post by Hubert Cater »

Was this a fresh unit deployment? e.g. from the deployment queue, or production queue, or from a unit script?

Or did the unit possibly operate there? Is this an air unit type and if so, does the mod have a minimum Resource Connection strength <= 2?
El_Condoro

Post by El_Condoro »

The unit is #UNIT_ID= 3, which is a standard land unit (Army?). Land units cannot operate in my mod. I am not sure what caused the deployment but I can say there was no script to do it and nothing in the Production Queue.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Were you maybe playing with Production Delay turned off? Just curious if there is a bug in there related to that from my end.
El_Condoro

Post by El_Condoro »

No, just the usual settings. I am wondering if it is somehow related to that issue where units 'teleported' when operational movement is turned off.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Without seeing the deployment in action I can unfortunately only guess what might have happened... if you ever have a saved turn from right before this occurs, that would be the most helpful.

I was just wondering if it might be an issue with 'protecting' that vulnerable city as there is some code where the AI may purchase a unit to deploy it there under those circumstances, but it would have to be when production delay is off, and only if there was a bug in that bit of the code.
El_Condoro

Post by El_Condoro »

I wouldn't worry about it, Hubert. I have never seen it before nor since and it is a complete outlier. The only unusual setting was that operational land movement is turned off.

Return to “Tech Support”