Destroyed submarine ?

Gary Grigsby’s World at War is back with a whole new set of features. World at War: A World Divided still gives complete control over the production, research and military strategy for your side, but in this new updated version you’ll also be able to bring spies into the mix as well as neutral country diplomacy, variable political events and much more. Perhaps the largest item is the ability to play a special Soviet vs. Allies scenario that occurs after the end of World War II.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

boudi

Destroyed submarine ?

Post by boudi »

Can someone remind me under what precise conditions a damaged submarine is actually destroyed because it is too far from its bases? I don't remember the rule at all.

Many thanks !
Lebatron

Re: Destroyed submarine ?

Post by Lebatron »

I think it was like 1.5 times the speed value. Uboats can face full destruction instead of just being damaged when they are past the horn of Africa unless Germany has captured Cairo. In which case they can trace there back to a factory. Japan's subs are safe until near South America or way down by the South Africa.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
boudi

Post by boudi »

I've destroyed 2 japanese subs, east of South Africa, with a message that a damaged sub is destroyed because...
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Right. Japanese subs can be destroyed with 1 hit when deep into the Indian Ocean because they are past the 1.5 x 10 speed limit. So, if it's 16 or more distance to nearest factory they will be destroyed with one hit. That's assuming 1.5x is the right multiple. It's somewhere in the manual.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

Ah!
I was not aware of that. Interesting notion.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided”