Game Lag or Crash

Post bug reports and request technical assistance here.

Moderators: simovitch, warshipbuilder

amspencer

Game Lag or Crash

Post by amspencer »

I am running version 1.06.05 and have been having nothing but problems. If I run in Windows mode the game frequently shuts down while executing the turn of or locks up "Not Responding" and the only way out is to Cntl-Alt-Del. I saw another post indicating that there was a problem if the clouds were on so I shut them off but that did not solve problems.

If I run in full screen Direct Draw the game lags horribly. It takes at least 5 to 10 seconds between each mouse click command that I issue when setting up missions, adding aircraft to missions etc. etc.

I am running in "All Cores"
Processor Affinity Mode is set to "Always"

Any recommendations for game settings would be most appreciated.
simovitch

RE: Game Lag or Crash

Post by simovitch »

I assume you are operating with Windows 10. You should be OK in Windowed mode with DD software emulation switched on so I'm not sure why you freeze and crash there. Also experiment with Windows 7 compatibility mode and running as administrator.

Full screen mode you should run through DxWND or the lag is unbearable. See the post "DXWND made easy" sticky thread on the main forum page.

Post here again if you need help.
simovitch

kaybayray

Post by kaybayray »

Hey Sim <S> Sir!
I just installed the game on a new machine w/ Win10. I was having the same issues with update 1.06.05. Laggy screen scroll, delayed click to perform tasks, etc... I did the things you suggested, set as Administrator, set compatibility to run in Win 7, tried the MS Direct Draw setting and it was still the same. I switched to the windowed mode and it runs awesome for me in my setup as it currently is. My question is, my window I am playing the game in is relatively small on my monitor. Is there a way I can increase the size of the window I am playing through? The typical minimize, maximize and close tabs are not present on the window. Your assistance would be appreciated. I really want to get back into this game.

On another item I attempted your DXwnd adjustment and am finding myself unable to install it as I do not see how. This is due to my ignorance with programs, coding, etc... Could you provide a bit more detailed explanation for those of us that have limited computer and software tech skills? I would like to attempt your other solution and see if it is an improvement.

Love this game, I like the way it looks with the new update. Just unable to play it. I want to continue with my post in the War Room. Your help in getting this setup would be very much appreciate my Friend. [8D]

Regards,
KayBay
It's all Mind Over Matter....
If you dont mind... It dont matter
kaybayray

Post by kaybayray »

Hey Sim <S> Sir

Well thanks to my tenacity I just kept trying things until I got it running. Please forgive my ignorance with software. There are many things in this world I understand very well, software is not among them. [8D]

However I am grateful to you and others that provide us with solutions to our issues. Thank you kindly for your great work with this solution. [:D]

Kind Regards,
KayBay
It's all Mind Over Matter....
If you dont mind... It dont matter
STUCKER868

Post by STUCKER868 »

Same here. Lag is so horrible, the game is unplayable.
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: STUCKER868

Same here. Lag is so horrible, the game is unplayable.
See this post: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4605918

DxWnd or running in window mode should eliminate the lag.
simovitch

Return to “Tech Support”