[MOD] Star Wars Universe 1.2 - 61 Species, 260+ characters and more!

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

NukaBoy

[MOD] Star Wars Universe 1.2 - 61 Species, 260+ characters and more!

Post by NukaBoy »

STAR WARS Universe (1.2)

Info: 1.2 is released! [:D]

The aim of this mod is to add as many species from the Star Wars universe to Distant Worlds as possible and, additionally, a lot of flavour around them.

Here is an updated and complete feature overview:

Features (05/09/20)

+61 Species
Wookiees, Hutts, Chiss and all your favorite species from the Star Wars universe!
There are currently 50+ species I plan to add in the future so there is lots of content for future updates.

260+ Characters
Thrawn, Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, Han Solo, Chewbacca and many more! Every species except for the Killik has at least 2 to 3 unique heroes.
Characters are sorted by species so if you want to, for example, have General Grievous command your fleets you need to play as Kaleesh.

+4 Governments
Criminal Syndicate, Caste System, Clan Community, Aristocracy (All are species specific)
Corporate Nationalism now is available for all species.

+10 Ressources
Ryll Spice, Quarren Glass, Death Sticks, Sansanna Spice, Potwa Beer, Bacta and even some new strategic ressources

+5 Race families
Ichthyoid, Cetacea, Gastropod, Proboscidean, Avian

50 shipsets and unique troops for each species
My plan was to add a unique shipset for every species but it turned out that there can only be 50 shipsets max...
This means there will be duplicates but with so many species there will still be A LOT of variety.
Troop images are mostly recolored versions of the vanilla troop sets but some are customized like the Gungans.

+18 Flags
Galactic Republic, CIS, Galactic Empire, Rebellion, Chiss Empire, Gungans, Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium, Techno Union, Commerce Guild,
Pyke Syndicate, Trade Federation, Hutt Cartel, Black Sun Syndicate, Zann Consortium, Mandalorians, Jedi Order, New Order and Sith Order

Galactopedia entries for everything added
All species, governments and ressources have their own Galactopedia entry with informations from Wookieepedia.com (great site btw) for you to explore.

Original star system names from the Star Wars universe
I don't know how many exactly but easily 2000 - 3000 unique star names.

Mods included
- Lower speed and range mod
- Capitals Expanded
- parts of the Enhanced images mod
- Kalthaniell's Shipyards for most of the shipsets

Last Update (14/12/2020)

The Force Update

Balance:
- Chiss, Falleen, Gamorreans, Gossam, Mandalorians, Shistavanen, Skakoan, Trandoshan, Twi'leks and Weequay are more aggresive
- Chiss, Gossam and Skakoan are more likely to form alliances and accepts treaties
- Mandalorians, Shistavanen, Trandoshan, Twi'leks and Weequays are less likely to form alliances and accepts treaties
- Twi'leks are more cautious
- Hutts, Pyke, Rodians and Umbarans are less aggresive
- Kaleesh are more intelligent
- Anx are more cautious, intelligent and loyal and less aggresive
- Ashoka Tano (Togruta) and Luke Skywalker (Human) are now Jedi characters instead of their respective species

Fixes:
- Updated some of the custom resource icons so they don't have a black background anymore
- Replaced the image of Bacta (luxury ressource) with a bigger version to use in the pop up when discovering it
- Fixed research cost for the projects "State-funded Smuggling Rings" and "Galactic Black Market"
- Capacity of the Mercenary Weapons Plant is now 70,000

Content:
- 5 new species (Jedi, Sith, Chagrian, Nautolan, Iktotchi)
- New ressources:
>>> 'Kyber Crystals' (strategic ressource found on continental/swamp/ocean/desert worlds. used for super weapons and exclusive Jedi and Sith tech)
>>> 'Lommite Ore' (strategic ressource found on continental/desert/volcanic worlds. used for basic armor types, boarding modules and early Starfighters)
>>> 'Meleenium' (Strategic ressource found on continental/ocean worlds. used for advanced armor types and advanced cargo/passenger/troop modules)
>>> 'Doonium' (Strategic ressource found on continental/swamp/barren worlds and asteroids. Used for production components, repair modules and construction yards)
- New wonders:
>>> Great Jedi Temple (Victory Condition for Jedi)
>>> Sith Sanctum (Victory Condition for Sith)
- Added new components:
>>> Force Long Range Scanners (exclusive to Jedi)
>>> Force Bombardment (exclusive to Sith)
- Added flags of the Jedi Order, Sith Order and New Order

Information:

How to start:
The standard Distant Worlds story events won't work with this mod.

1. In the timeline screen when creating a new game select "Play game as custom standard empire" or the custom pirate faction equivalent. Everything else won't work
2. In the victory conditions screen on the left side unselect all event options except "Enable disasters and other events" and "Enable race-specific Events". Only those two will work!

All other options are working as usual. Some will probably experience that you can add as many AI opponents as there are species available (currently 61). The game still works with that many AIs (even on my somewhat old laptop) but the Galaxy will take some time to generate, the balance could be off and in the late game you could run into performance problems and crashes if you do this. If you like to play with a lot of AI opponents I suggest to set their number to something around 30. That will fill up the galaxy quite good but without creating to many 'zombie empires'.

Download

Version 1.0 (26/08/2020)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2cu01yskgcj87i2/swuniverse_1-0.zip?dl=0

Version 1.1 (05/09/2020)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqo49s6lci061w6/swuniverse_1-1.zip?dl=0

Version 1.1.2 (13/09/2020)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cof5ggtqo6pjsmn/swuniverse_1.1.2.zip?dl=0

Version 1.2 (14/12/2020)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g9rdlzxrctdgvuk/swuniverse_1.2.zip?dl=0
Retreat1970

RE: [MOD] Star Wars Universe 1.0 - 52 Species, 200+ characters and much more! Finally released

Post by Retreat1970 »

Nice to see new mods for DWU still happen.

I can't try it yet I'm hip deep in a debacle (I just can never give up).
NukaBoy

RE: [MOD] Star Wars Universe 1.0 - 52 Species, 200+ characters and much more! Finally released

Post by NukaBoy »

Update log for the coming 1.1 update:

Fixes:
- Fixed victory conditions for Wookiee species
- Rearranged the bottom part of the high tech research tree
- The 'Universal Hive' wonder is now only available for the Killik and building it is now their fifth victory condition
- Renamed 'Killer Sticks' to the correct name 'Death Sticks'
- Renamed 'Dantha Fur' to 'Bantha Fur' ;)

Balance:
- There are now only 3 of each Regional Capital building (total of 9) instead of 6 like before
- Changed base price of resources Ryll Spice, Death Sticks and Quarren Glass from 50c to 30c

Content:
- 5 new species (Gamorrean, Falleen, Weequay, Pyke, Mandalorian)
- New shipset for Chiss
- New troop assets for Gungans
- New ressources:
'Bacta' (super luxury found on ocean worlds)
'Sansanna spice' (luxury found on desert/volcano worlds)
'Potwa Beer' (luxury found on swamp worlds)
- New facility 'Smuggler Fortress' and wonder 'Galactic Black Market'
- Replaced world destroyer image with death star image
(Old asset is still in the files and can be selected manually for your designs)
- Added flags of the Trade Federation, Black Sun Syndicate, Pyke Syndicate, Zann Consortium, Hutt Cartel and Mandalorians
(Black Sun and Pyke Syndicate, Hutt Cartel, Trade Federation and the Mandalorian flag are now the standard choice for their respective species)
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

G-R-E-A-T 🎯
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

Some comments:

I'm playing as the Kaleesh and I have both a leader and a pirate leader (I'm not a pirate). Also, my starting spy has non-spy skills (Weapon range increase, etc.) Finally, all the planets seem to have an extra planet image on top of them in the upper left section.
BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08
NukaBoy

Post by NukaBoy »

I'm playing as the Kaleesh and I have both a leader and a pirate leader (I'm not a pirate). Also, my starting spy has non-spy skills (Weapon range increase, etc.) Finally, all the planets seem to have an extra planet image on top of them in the upper left section.

Thanks for the feedback Roger! I'll take a look into this and put the fixes into the next update (only need to add two more species).

The pirate leader probably spawns because the appearance order number is set to 0 in the files which makes him spawn at the start of the game.
I will just put that value to "?" for all character/species and leave out the pirate leaders (set to anything higher than 0) so they can't spawn for regular empires. That should solve the issue.

EDIT:

The changes are made and will be part of the update. I'm currently looking into the second planet image issue.
Does the image looks more like a wrong placed shadow or is it really a second planet image? I already encountered the first issue and thought I had fixed it.

RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

Here is what the planets look like.

BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08
NukaBoy

Post by NukaBoy »

Yes that's exactly what I mean. Seems like that bug has somehow found it's way back into the mod.. But it's definitely fixed now. I only need to add the Mandalorians and then I'll upload the new version here tomorrow. [:D]
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

Roger that picture is great. It reminds me of the 2010 film when Jupiter collapses.
NukaBoy

Post by NukaBoy »

Version 1.1 is released and the post is updated including the updated changelog and future plans.

Have fun with it! [:D]
herrschor

Post by herrschor »

just registered to let you know I appreciate your mod very much.
Just getting into Star Wars lore and while there already were 2 SW mods here none felt as complete as your one is already.

Keep up the good work please!
Could maybe do some icons should you need some but sadly work keeps me pretty much busy these days

Also very nice that you fixed the commerce and blaster research tree being blocked for every but one race. That was a bit rough
NukaBoy

Post by NukaBoy »

just registered to let you know I appreciate your mod very much.
Just getting into Star Wars lore and while there already were 2 SW mods here none felt as complete as your one is already.

Keep up the good work please!
Could maybe do some icons should you need some but sadly work keeps me pretty much busy these days

Thank you this really means a lot to me [:)]
If you want to provide me with more assets or other content feel free to do so! I would be very happy about some help. [;)]
Also very nice that you fixed the commerce and blaster research tree being blocked for every but one race. That was a bit rough

Yes that wasn't intentional. Somehow a few older files must have found their way into the 1.0 version so some bugs I thought were fixed got reintroduced but with the 1.1.2 patch that will be solved finally. I'll release it in a few days.
NukaBoy

Post by NukaBoy »

New Update with additional fixes is released!
I will now start working on the 1.2 update. [:D]

Update 1.1.2
Fixes:
- Anakin Skywalker is now a fleet admiral instead of an intelligence agent
- Better character images for Han Solo and Jyn Erso
- All planet and star related assets from the Graphics Enhancement Mod are not part of the mod anymore as they created too many issues.
Landscape and ruin images are still included.
- 'Very High Thrust Engine' research tree is exlusive to the Dug again
- Changed some wrong/invalid values in the race.txt files for the following species:
Bothan, Cerean, Geonosian, Kel Dor, Kubaz, Mon Calamari & Quarren, Neimoidian, Rodian, Talz, Togruta, Toydarian, Twi'lek, Wookiee, Yevetha, Yuuzhan Vong
- Changed some wrong/invalid values for the following characters:
Ch'ord Sy'fon (Bothan), Reti (Toydarian), Mee Dechi (Umbaran), Aleas Rans'ery (Zabrak)
NukaBoy

Post by NukaBoy »

I finally got around to finish the next update! [:D]
This one is about the Jedi and Sith and will add 5 more species, special components and some new strategic ressources.
You can find a more detailed update log in the post to the top and below this comment. [:)]

Download 1.2:
NukaBoy

Post by NukaBoy »

The Force Update

Balance:
- Chiss, Falleen, Gamorreans, Gossam, Mandalorians, Shistavanen, Skakoan, Trandoshan, Twi'leks and Weequay are more aggresive
- Chiss, Gossam and Skakoan are more likely to form alliances and accepts treaties
- Mandalorians, Shistavanen, Trandoshan, Twi'leks and Weequays are less likely to form alliances and accepts treaties
- Twi'leks are more cautious
- Hutts, Pyke, Rodians and Umbarans are less aggresive
- Kaleesh are more intelligent
- Anx are more cautious, intelligent and loyal and less aggresive
- Ashoka Tano (Togruta) and Luke Skywalker (Human) are now Jedi characters instead of their respective species

Fixes:
- Updated some of the custom resource icons so they don't have a black background anymore
- Replaced the image of Bacta (luxury ressource) with a bigger version to use in the pop up when discovering it
- Fixed research cost for the projects "State-funded Smuggling Rings" and "Galactic Black Market"
- Capacity of the Mercenary Weapons Plant is now 70,000

Content:
- 5 new species (Jedi, Sith, Chagrian, Nautolan, Iktotchi)
- New ressources:
>>> 'Kyber Crystals' (strategic ressource found on continental/swamp/ocean/desert worlds. used for super weapons and exclusive Jedi and Sith tech)
>>> 'Lommite Ore' (strategic ressource found on continental/desert/volcanic worlds. used for basic armor types, boarding modules and early Starfighters)
>>> 'Meleenium' (Strategic ressource found on continental/ocean worlds. used for advanced armor types and advanced cargo/passenger/troop modules)
>>> 'Doonium' (Strategic ressource found on continental/swamp/barren worlds and asteroids. Used for production components, repair modules and construction yards)
- New wonders:
>>> Great Jedi Temple (Victory Condition for Jedi)
>>> Sith Sanctum (Victory Condition for Sith)
- Added new components:
>>> Force Long Range Scanners (exclusive to Jedi)
>>> Force Bombardment (exclusive to Sith)
- Added flags of the Jedi Order, Sith Order and New Order
- Galactopedia Entries for the new species and ressources

Download 1.2:
Hyperion1

Post by Hyperion1 »

Good job, it look promising !
Tykylo

Re: [MOD] Star Wars Universe 1.2 - 61 Species, 260+ characters and more!

Post by Tykylo »

What era of Star Wars does this mod take place in? Or is there no specific timeline?
Hattori Hanzo

Re: [MOD] Star Wars Universe 1.2 - 61 Species, 260+ characters and more!

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

I don't know.. :roll:

Return to “Design and Modding”