Kosigan vs. FatFlint

Post reports of your victories and defeats here to share them with other players.
kosigan86

RE: Kosigan vs. FatFlint

Post by kosigan86 »

I was (and still am in some sense) worrying about how quickly he advanced, but in the past few play sessions I've gotten a few total victories.  I've regained the Merville batteries and one of his groups ran out of gas and I subsequently got a total victory of that division (ran out of gas at night, next morning I pushed him out of Trouarn (sp?)).  Both of us are lost on some of the nuances of the Operational level map/rules and so we're just winging it in a lot of ways.

In general when we both have equal conditions on a map (i.e. meeting maps where we both have to cap as many flags as possible) we do pretty much equal to one another.  I think a lot of his divisions are going to have low cohesion/fuel because of the speed of his advance, and Day 7 is going to have - I hope - a few counter-attacks by my forces to push him back towards the beaches. 

Flint has done well at breaking my morale in a lot of circumstances though. Even if I end up losing the campaign, which seems pretty likely, I'll still have had a great time. Battle to battle we are always biting our nails and being incredibly meticulous with our strategies...sometimes to great success, sometimes to utter failure. More AARs in the future for sure; I think we are both planning on a Wacht am Rein campaign shortly, so head down to that forum in a week or more to check that out :).
panzerlehr62

Post by panzerlehr62 »

Thats great, glad you guys are having a lot fun with it, I know overall I really enjoy playing this game a lot.

No question Troarn can leave its mark on the allies, I know that first hand.

We are both winging it also, so I hear you there. Bob is definitly a lot more skilled in the fundamentals (ie logistics) of this type of game play then I am(hes currently in a much more complex game then this[entire pacific war], so his attention to detail is a lot higher then mine). The fact hes does so well with so little amazes me at times. Not knowing at what pace I really need to be going at only adds to my mistakes with such things as fuel management for example.

Not so sure how cohesion really plays into this particular game overall, but I have a feeling by the time our GC is over I will. Ive got one of his BGs cut off(several turns now), it doesnt seem to effect its ability to fight one bit. Maybe after a few more turns that might change( I doubt it though, since he doesnt have to move anything), time will tell I guess. Clearly cover is more of a issue in this game then anything else ive seen to this point. We've both now have lost an entire Bg entering a map that offered limited cover at the entry point.

Way you guys push your armor into battle, I have no doubt you will enjoy WaR.

Keep having fun,

Gz...

DasHoff

Post by DasHoff »

he will lose an ammo and fuel point every time his unit is in combat, i think max is like 4-5 points of each. so if u can keep him cut off a few more turns, and keep that unit in combat, he will run extremely low on ammo. also his tanks will have a big chance to start immobilized
FatFlint

Post by FatFlint »

Update!

Flint

Attachments
totals6.jpg
totals6.jpg (113.58 KiB) Viewed 305 times
Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

“A pipe of kif before breakfast gives a man the strength of a hundred camels in the courtyard”
FatFlint

Post by FatFlint »

Here are the totals for the campaign. The Germans surrendered finally. It was a bloody mess. I advanced a little bit fast and had some major resupply problems. All in all it was a great time. CC vs human opponents is very exciting and Kosigan is a Super coog guy and is really good at CC to boot.

It's time to get the Battle of the Bulge started. We plan to kick that little party off tomorrow, look for the aar's in thier appropriate places.

Flint

Attachments
FinalTotal.jpg
FinalTotal.jpg (33.21 KiB) Viewed 305 times

“A pipe of kif before breakfast gives a man the strength of a hundred camels in the courtyard”
Q.M

Post by Q.M »

Nice stuff guys, great read, keep 'em coming!!  Love them AAR's.  The more creative the better I say!
Marc von Hoffrichter
FatFlint

Post by FatFlint »

Hey look it's the Battle of the Bulge.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2234452&mpage=1&key=&#2234452

Flint

Return to “After Action Reports”