Question about Mortar fire mission modding

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Turre

Question about Mortar fire mission modding

Post by Turre »

Hello,

I have a question for the CC developers or anyone with know-how.
On-map mortar teams report "Fire mission complete" after firing 6 rounds. Is it possible to mod and increase the amount of grenades used on a single fire mission?

Turre
SchnelleMeyer

RE: Question about Mortar fire mission modding

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

This is not a parametre that is in the data .txt files - Its coded in the .exe file - So not moddable without knowledge on how to hex edit the .exe file.

Maybe Steve will chime in ?
oleinfidel

Post by oleinfidel »

hhhm, I was convincingly advised that one could modify the saved games text files to add some/more air, arty, motar sp
SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

Yes, I belive that it is possible to do that through editing the savegame files oleinfidel, even though I have not tried it.
What would be easier is to edit the Support part of Campaign.txt file in the Data/Base folder. Or decrease the difficulty as this will give the player more support missions.
These two options has to be done before starting a Battle/OPS/Campaign though.

The original poster was asking something different : - If there is a possibility to increase the amount of bombs/shells in each Mortar/Arty strike.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

You can modify off-map support, but not the number of rounds on-map mortars fire per mission. If you want to shoot more rounds, re-target the mortar. Since it has already registered that target it will start shooting again almost immediately.

Steve
oleinfidel

Post by oleinfidel »

Hello Steve, I have been fiddling with the 'campaign.txt' file...to try to affect on screen mortars with mixed results.....however my main effort: I'm trying to figure out how to add air, arty and heavy mortar sp to each mission/campaign. It would be nice to have the extra combat support given the beaten zone effect of the light [on screen] mortars. Thx much for your time and efforts.

* I may have attached an extra [erroneous] screenshot...

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (225.8 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

oleinfidel,

Sorry -- I looked at the attached image but it seems to be a website screenshot?

For on-map mortar teams you'll want to look in weapons.txt for the weapon they use. If you look in the Panthers in the Fog modding forum you can find the data workbook for that game, which contains the header information that explains (in brief) what the data columns mean. Weapon accuracy will make for a larger / smaller beaten zone, but there is also a random factor built in that doesn't allow for complete control of this (it will always be a certain minimum size.) Link here: tm.asp?m=3244271

For increasing the amount of off-map fire support missions, there are several bits of data. For operations / campaigns you'll want to modify the 'difficulty based support mission' amounts in campaign.txt so there are more available. For custom battles you can just tick the check boxes to turn on air, mortar, or artillery support when you are creating it in the scenario editor. There is a limit of one off-map mission of each type per battle, however.

Steve
mickxe5

Post by mickxe5 »

10 each mortar/arty/air support missions is the maximum allowed per day in the 'difficulty based support missions' setion of Campaign.txt. Nice if the limit was ~99 to be able to guarantee that every frontline battle group could be assigned support on every turn.

Doubling the number of tubes and rounds in the Allied prep barrage makes it much more impressive and generally more effective. Even so I still prefer saving arty support for targeted concentrations. The AI seems to use prep missions every chance it can.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”