Full Disk Error- Can't start

Close Combat: Gateway to Caen is the latest release in the critically-acclaimed Close Combat series and focuses on the largest, concentrated British offensive since the Normandy landings in an attempt to penetrate the German lines west of Caen and cross the Odon River to get the stalled advance moving again.
fishrick10

Full Disk Error- Can't start

Post by fishrick10 »

[&:]The game starts fine and then I get a "Disk full" error message. I have yet to be able to play this game.
The disk is a 2TB drive and is definitely NOT full.
What can I do?
zakblood

RE: Full Disk Error- Can't start

Post by zakblood »

welcome to the forum,

regarding the error,

did you download to desktop and try and install from there? or run from there?

installed as admin? on a full administrator account?

checked your firewall and anti virus logs to see if either of them have stopped any process from running?

as your new, you may not be able to do this bit, but you can always send it by pm to me of any of the mods in this section and they will read it or post it etc,

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post with first adding the file to a zip, which is then permitted to attach to the forum
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
mickxe5

RE: Full Disk Error- Can't start

Post by mickxe5 »

ORIGINAL: fishrick10

[&:]The game starts fine and then I get a "Disk full" error message. I have yet to be able to play this game. The disk is a 2TB drive and is definitely NOT full.What can I do?
I solved the same problem by running the GTC .exe in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Right click on the desktop shortcut, select Properties->Compatibility tab-> then check 'Run this program in...'

Return to “Close Combat - Gateway to Caen”