Ode To AIW Terrain and Counters Mod

Moderator: Jason Petho

pzgndr

Re: Ode To AIW Terrain and Counters Mod

Post by pzgndr »

Crossroads wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:36 pm Unfortunately the current 2D terrain files are not compatible with the version I created the original AIW map mod with. With the newer files, I did a quick Boardgame map mod, but it's not the same as what AIW mod was.
Maybe, come autumn rains, I'll have the time to try creating a new version of AIW map mod.
OK thanks. I kept trying to figure out what I may have been doing wrong with JSGME but also suspecting there may be an issue with the new version. If you get back to recreating that original AIW map mod, that would be great!
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Where can I find this mod?

Its not part of the 2.30 install.

Looks awesome and brings back many fond memories, would love to give it a go.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Tester for WDS games
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Zovs wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:07 am Where can I find this mod?

Unfortunately, it became obsolete as we added a new zoom-in view with a new set of graphics. In addition, there's been file format changes, for instance buildings and stractures file has been revised thoroughly. I did put in a hastily prepared Boardgame map mod to hopefully alleviate at least some of the pain, mine included. I am a huge AIW fan.

If you're into mod tweaking yourself, just copy the Boardgame mod folder under MODS under a new folder name there, and tweak the files to your heart's content :geek:

Sorry, probably not the answer you were looking for but here we are. Change is permanent and all that.

With best wishes /xroads
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < v1.30 Available Now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 < v2.30 Available Now (full reimage)
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Crossroads wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:51 pm
Zovs wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:07 am Where can I find this mod?

Unfortunately, it became obsolete as we added a new zoom-in view with a new set of graphics. In addition, there's been file format changes, for instance buildings and stractures file has been revised thoroughly. I did put in a hastily prepared Boardgame map mod to hopefully alleviate at least some of the pain, mine included. I am a huge AIW fan.

If you're into mod tweaking yourself, just copy the Boardgame mod folder under MODS under a new folder name there, and tweak the files to your heart's content :geek:

Sorry, probably not the answer you were looking for but here we are. Change is permanent and all that.

With best wishes /xroads
I would if I could but this mod does not exist.

"Boardgame mod folder under MODS"

This is from a fresh install just days ago on 2.30.

If I could figure out where to download the boardwargame mod I could start tweaking.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
Tester for WDS games
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

The Desert Map mod is just scenarios and no artwork.
Tester for WDS games
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Zovs wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:33 pm The Desert Map mod is just scenarios and no artwork.
Oh, the Boardgame mod's gone too. Let me check my files if it is still good to go. There were so many changes to graphics with CS Vietnam I have to check my notes as how's everything compliant with the CS Middle East with the latest engine now too. At the very moment I am not sure if that was a precaution or if it actually became broken too.
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < v1.30 Available Now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 < v2.30 Available Now (full reimage)

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”