Scenario Generator Problem

Valor & Victory Tech Support Forum. Please post any issues found here.

Moderators: Matrix Games Staff, MOD_Valor & Victory

mackoso

Scenario Generator Problem

Post by mackoso »

Good evening
When generating scenarios on my computer it is only possible to generate small scenarios.
When I select one of the other sizes or random, the scenario is not generated. The button to generate stays illuminated for a few seconds and then turn dark again.
Is it only me having this problem?
Windows 10, 64 Bit.
Have the game including all expansions, running through steam.
Thank you
Harald
yobowargames

Re: Scenario Generator Problem

Post by yobowargames »

Hi Harald

Can I just check that I understand your use case correctly:

Step 1 - Select Generate Scenario from the main menu
Step 2 - Change the first dropdown box on the left-hand top side to Large
Step 3 - Click on Start Scenario Button - Nothing happens?
YOBOWARGAMES – “BRINGING THE JOYS OF BOARD WARGAMING TO THE PC”
mackoso

Post by mackoso »

Hi,
thanks for your reply.
I just tried many possible combinations of scenario generation to see if I can pinpoint the problem.

If I leave EVERY option at random, only small scenarios are generated after various presses of the Start Scenario Button. As soon as I change the scenario size to small I usually have to press the Start Scenario button less time to get the scenario started.
As soon as I change the scenario size to Medium or Large, pressing the Start Scenario button has no effect and no scenario ever starts. (Even after 20-30 tries).
No change in the settings remedies this problem as far as I can tell (neither setting Player Side, nor allied country, attacker side or force type...) EXCEPT!:

As soon as I set the Defender Force Role to either Infantry or Combined, the Scenario is generated on the first click of the Start Scenario button no matter if set to medium, large, random or small. Any of the other options work as well!

Don‘t know if this is a problem of my installation only, but here I am happily generating all scenarios I want as soon as I set the Defender Force Role
mackoso

Post by mackoso »

I hope the above helps if there is a general problem.

As you answered so quickly I have another problem on an older Laptop:

The game does not start when I press the „Play“ button from the launcher.
I think I accidentally skipped the installation of some run time environment or DirectX or some component/software of that type that was prompted during the installation of the game. I tried reinstalling the game but the prompt does not show again. I don‘t know if that causes the problem but maybe you have a solution I could try.
Also on a Windows 10, 64 Bit Laptop. It does not have a dedicated GPU but some other games work ok on it. E.g. LNL Tactical
Thanks
Harald
DingBat

Post by DingBat »

mackoso wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:10 pm As soon as I set the Defender Force Role to either Infantry or Combined, the Scenario is generated on the first click of the Start Scenario button no matter if set to medium, large, random or small. Any of the other options work as well!

Don‘t know if this is a problem of my installation only, but here I am happily generating all scenarios I want as soon as I set the Defender Force Role
Hi Harold,

Thanks to your description I was able to find the problem. As you surmised, it only affects instances where you set the defender force role to "random".

A fix will be out with our next release. In the meantime, I hope its not too much of an inconvenience to set the defender force role.

Cheers,
/bruce
yobowargames

Post by yobowargames »

Hi Harald

Send me an email and I will send you a possible fix for your older laptop.

Lance@yobowargames.com
YOBOWARGAMES – “BRINGING THE JOYS OF BOARD WARGAMING TO THE PC”

Return to “Tech Support Forum”