Game engine is very slow

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

Searry

Game engine is very slow

Post by Searry »

So I bought this game and it seems like the engine struggles to work. Any tweaks to increase performance? I have a modern rig with powerful CPU and GPU, lots of RAM etc.
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester
Searry

RE: Game engine is very slow

Post by Searry »

The problem exacerbates greatly when changing the oob tree. Is there a memory leak there?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

lets take a look, as it tested fine on my 5 year old test pc

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post with first adding the file to a zip, which is then permitted to attach to the forum
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Searry

Post by Searry »

I think I found the culprit, too many tabs in Chrome...
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

Chrome uses each tab as a separate browser, so one crash doesn't take down the whole thing, but even saying this, a modern pc or my 5 year test pc can have as many open as you have memory, i use 16gb with me test pc, and as of yet have ran any game on here, with 4 to 6 tabs / pages open with not even a small % issue
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Also, check your mouse surface if you have an optical mouse. I have had issues in the past if the surface is shiny and the mouse gets into some optical jitter from the reflections. Is it a desktop or laptop? If you have a laptop with dual GPUs, make sure the game is using the game card and not the integrated chip.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”