Small ,,name in every post" rant

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

gradenko2k

RE: Small ,,name in every post" rant

Post by gradenko2k »

It seems rather counterproductive to sign your posts considering your username is already displayed to the left of your post.

And you also have your "signature" at the bottom, which then people use to post images and/or profound quotations, but never their username ... and then sign their usernames outside of the signature anyway.
Zap

Post by Zap »

Actually, there was a complaint more relevant then the above complaint. That was about extremely large signatures as distracting.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: Zap

Actually, there was a complaint more relevant then the above complaint. That was about extremely large signatures as distracting.

Yes, I remember that. Talk about HUGE pictures within a signature... How's it going Zap, not a long to go to 2500 posts anymore [:)]
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < v1.30 Available Now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 < v2.30 Available Now (full reimage)
radic202

Post by radic202 »

Thanks for the funny thread!

But on a side note, about 4 years ago I used to co-lead and co-run a gaming website for an MMO Guild (now have since retired), but even though I had a Pictured Sig attached to all the posts I always signed my posts/replies/threads with my gaming name radic202 and always some member would comment on the exact same thing here about why signing when you already have it! I use to say it must be an "age" thing or the fact that I worked in writing so many articles etc....and like a letter, document or whatever I always signed my name to it more out of "legitimizing" that it was a me/myself/I approved post period. I still to this day sign all my emails and replies to my Admin Assistant and even he mentioned once that it was not a requirement but alas it is stronger than me.......So OP you are not alone in asking!

radic202
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Good Point

YOGI
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

Good Point

YOGI

Ha,ha that's not big enough!
JWW

Post by JWW »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Glad to hear that we're all in good spirits as the New Year begins [:)]

That's a good sign, even the infamous "Women in the Infantry" thread is full of tolerance and understanding and respect for other's viewpoints.

Hope it all continues because this is a heck of a good forum with some really great people in it [&o][&o][&o]

How are things going on the ranch?
James
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: JW

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Glad to hear that we're all in good spirits as the New Year begins [:)]

That's a good sign, even the infamous "Women in the Infantry" thread is full of tolerance and understanding and respect for other's viewpoints.

Hope it all continues because this is a heck of a good forum with some really great people in it [&o][&o][&o]

How are things going on the ranch?
James
Actually things are looking up.For the moment everything is working (fingers crossed). Record without something going wring is about 5 days LOL

Generator is still problematic... running but oil leaking everywhere. Still, I can pump water which is critical. Just built a rooftop rainwater capture system though as a backup system.

Stuff to be fixed everywhere! Still fun though.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
Jevhaddah

Post by Jevhaddah »

Hi it's MeeeEeeeeeee!

Gary [:D]
I am really quite mad yoo know!
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Jakers123

I have noticed that on this forum a lot of users put their name in every single post that they make, why? First of all it is really...weird and second, does anyone here even care if your name is for example John or Mark? No, are you signing something and have to use your name? No. It is extremely annoying, imagine if you said what your name was after each sentence in real life, like - Mark: hey, I'm Mark - John: Hey, ...yes I know that you are Mark, we know each other - Mark: So what are you doing today? Btw. I am Mark - John: ... (runs away screaming) There are even some users that both put their name in the username and still put their name after every single post. If it is for some weird reason that much important to you, then put it in the signature and we'll know what your name is, that's what signatures are for, even though still 0,00% of people will care, but it at least won't be that weird as now when you sound like a broken record.

Well I for one appreciate you perturbation regarding this epidemic.

parusski(David)
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: parusski

ORIGINAL: Jakers123

I have noticed that on this forum a lot of users put their name in every single post that they make, why? First of all it is really...weird and second, does anyone here even care if your name is for example John or Mark? No, are you signing something and have to use your name? No. It is extremely annoying, imagine if you said what your name was after each sentence in real life, like - Mark: hey, I'm Mark - John: Hey, ...yes I know that you are Mark, we know each other - Mark: So what are you doing today? Btw. I am Mark - John: ... (runs away screaming) There are even some users that both put their name in the username and still put their name after every single post. If it is for some weird reason that much important to you, then put it in the signature and we'll know what your name is, that's what signatures are for, even though still 0,00% of people will care, but it at least won't be that weird as now when you sound like a broken record.

Well I for one appreciate you perturbation regarding this epidemic.

parusski(David)

Must say his 7th post was a great success so many responses congrats on that Jakers123. Thinking about it took me 2000 post before being taken seriously[;)]

Zap

Return to “General Discussion”